Chapter Six

She woke up, lying on a bed, in a strange house. She sat up slowly, her mind slightly hazy then she remembered.

She was going to kill him. She groaned and slid off the bed. Then she went in search of him.

She found him in a gym room lifting weights. Despite how angry she was that he had kidnapped her, she had to admit that he looked good. How stupid could she be?

"I can't believe you kidnapped me, Trystan!" She exclaimed. Trystan looked up and smiled, then he put down the weights.

"You're awake."

"And you're a psycho." He laughed at her, he actually laughed.

"I apologize but I did warn you." He said, as he made his way to her. Kaia stepped back.

"Trystan, I told you to stay away."

"And I told you I can't."

"Trystan."

"Why do you want me to stay away, Kaia?" Trystan asked, taking her hand in his.

"We are so different. You are a billionaire businessman and I'm. . . I'm a waitress in a café. We have different lives and our lives cannot entwine with each other."

"How can you be so sure? I want you and I won't let go of you, Kaia. And I'm not letting you go."

"Trystan."

"I'm serious, Kaia. You're not leaving. Consider yourself officially kidnapped."
****
Candace checked her watch for the hundredth time. It was way past time and Kaia had still not come to work.

This was not Kaia. She had never been late before. Candace took out her phone and dialed Kaia number. It immediately went to voice mail.
Candace hanged up, frustrated. Then many different scenarios came to mind. None of them were good. She picked up her bag to leave when she heard the door to the café open.

"I'm sorry but I'm closing the café."

"Mrs. Reed, I'm here to talk to you about your niece. " A male voice said, making Candace look up. Two men stood at her door. They reminded her immediately of Trystan Dwyer. They were both dark haired but one was taller and he had a more serious look to him. The other one seemed slightly amused.

Wait, they wanted to talk about Kaia.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Fallon and this is Keith Sable. We're friends of Trystan Dwyer." The name had her grimacing slightly. "We need your help in keeping them apart." Candace stared at them dead on. They had to be joking.

"I can't get involved. He threatened me." She took out her phone again and dialed Kaia's number again. It went to voice mail again.

"We know, but we won't let him do anything to you or your business. It's in your niece's best interest to stay away from Trystan. We need your help."

"I want to help, I really do---." Her cell phone rang. It was Ginelle. She picked it up. "Hello."

"Aunt Candace, I think Kaia is missing."

"I'm going to call the police, she must be in trouble. This is so unlike her." Then she paused, rethinking."No, don't call them just yet. Let's just keep searching, maybe we are wrong." She said quickly as her heartbeat drowned everything else out. Then she hanged up. She hoped they were really wrong but her instincts told her otherwise. She had to leave now.

She realized the men were focused on her. . "I'm sorry but I have to go find my niece---." She said, breathlessly, her voice breaking.

"Is she missing?" The one who was Fallon asked.

"No one has heard from her since last night. I'm worried something might be wrong.

"Shit!" The amused one exclaimed, seriously, his fingers raking through his hair. The serious one just shook his head.

That was when Candace knew that this had something to do with Trystan Dwyer. She groaned and took a seat. This couldn't be. This just couldn't be.
****

Trystan watched Kaia as she fumed at him. She looked beautiful when she was angry. He smiled, she frowned. She wasn't happy he had barged into her room.

"This is not a joke, Trystan, you can't just kidnap me like this."

"I already did." He made his way to her and sat beside her on the bed. She moved away.

"Trystan, I don't want to be with you." Her statement infuriated him. He hadn't wanted to get angry but she was pushing him with those statements. He stood and faced her angrily.

"Too bad, because, you're going to be with me, and no one, not even you, can stop that."

"Please."

"Please?! You think begging is going to change my mind?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Urghh, I can't believe I thought you were . . . I'm so dumb." Kaia stood, and began to walk past him when he caught her hand and pulled her to him.

Then he kissed her.

Finally, I'm glad he did that because I was getting frustrated.

Anyway, I'd love to thank all those who had read, commented and voted for this book. You made writing this book the best time of my life and your comments are the best. You're all the best. Thanks.