Trystan and Kaia 2

Kaia felt like a princess. Her dress was gorgeous and the fairy lace made her feel like royalty. The best part was that she was on the arm of the love of her life. She looked up at Trystan, who was dressed in a fitted tuxedo. He looked every inch a billionaire. She felt his arm tighten around her as he continued to speak to one of the guests. They were talking business and she didn't understand any of it so she did didnt say a word. The man's date didnt look particularly inclined to speak to her too. She decided to take the time to look around the room. She spotted many famous and rich faces. It was a little overwhelming for her, never had she thought she would be here, as a guest at one of the biggest charity balls in the city.  The whole absurdity of it made her want to giggle.

She felt Trystan's gaze and looked up. The person he had been talking to was walking away.

"Are you alright, my love? Would you like to leave?" He asked, leaning into her.

"Yes, I'm fine. This is so beautiful." 

Trystan smiled at her and straightened himself.

"It doesn't compare to you in any way and I look forward to peeling that dress off you." His voice lowered down to a whisper and she shivered at the promise in his voice. She loved this man so much.

"I think you'll like what's underneath the dress a lot more." She teased, watching his eyes grow darker at her words. She felt the confidence of an emboldened woman and she loved how strongly she could affect him.

"Thirty minutes, then we're out of here." He promised. She nodded, wrapping her arm around his waist.

Another couple approached them and she froze in shock when she recognized them as the famous Huffman couple. They were the organizers of the ball and they were well known actors who had a countless number of awards between them.

"Trystan, thank you for coming." Duke Huffman shook Trystan's hand as his wife echoed his words.

"Duke, thank you for the invite."

"Of course, and this must be your lovely fiancee." Duke turned to her with a wide smile. Kaia smiled back in greeting as Trystan introduced her. "A pleasure, Miss Kinley. If you don't mind, however, I would like to steal you fiance." He looked at Trystan.
"There's something we should discuss."

Trystan turned to Kaia who nodded. He kissed her on the cheek, promising to be back soon, then he walked off with Duke Huffman, leaving her with Joan Huffman. Kaia turned to look at the lovely woman whose looked like the epitome of grace and poise. Joan, on the other hand, was looking at her with curiosity.

"You are lovely but I fail to see what it is about you that captured Trystan's eye."
Joan said with a coldness that baffled Kaia.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm pretty sure that after a few months he'll be done with you. He's never kept a woman for long." Joan continued, smirking.

Kaia stared at the woman for a minute, shocked.

"Wow, you are a bitch." Kaia stated calmly. Joan's eyes widened in anger. "You have a thing for Trystan, don't you? How sad? Well I have it on good authority that Trystan is not interested in a plastic, silicone filled old hag like you."

"You stupid slut. I could destroy you. Have you forgotten who I am? I could blacklist you in a second." Joan huffed, her nostrils flaring.

Before Kaia could answer, someone interrupted.

"You spew a lot of smoke for someone who married into this life."

They both turned to see a gorgeous brown skinned woman, standing beside them. Her hair looked glorious in a puff with some strands falling down the side of her face. She looked like a goddess and Kaia was awed. 

"Adaira, what are you doing here?" Joan asked, her voice had lowered an octave and her confidence had definitely gone down a whole lot.

"Well the invitation was for the whole family and I thought why not make an entrance. It's nice to see you've not changed." The woman called Adaira took a menacing step towards Joan. "Get away from here before your husband finds out that you're sleeping around again. Or better yet before I have you blacklisted."

Joan fled immediately.

Kaia turned to Adaira, a thankful smile on her face. Adaira smiled at her. like her never change. I'm Adaira Jackson."

"Kaia Kinley. Nice to meet you and thank you."

"No problem. Women like her are the scourge of this world. Who are you here with? I dont think I've seen you before."

"My fiance, Trystan Dwyer."

"Oh yeah, heard about him. Very sexy." Adaira said with a wink that made Kaia laugh.

"Who are you calling very sexy?"

They both turned to see a tall white man standing next to them.

Kaia recognized him and was shocked. This was Preston Asher-Wellington. The son of the man who had attacked them. Trystan's half brother. Up close he looked commanding and ominous, like a force of nature that destroyed everything in front of him. Now she understood why he scared everyone. He did not look like someone you wanted to cross.

"Someone who isn't you, Preston." Adaira rolled her eyes at him. "Go away, you're scaring my new friend." Kaia turned to Adaira, amazed that she was talking to Preston like that. Kaia turned back to him, thinking he would be mad but the corner of his lip lifted slightly. He turned to Kaia, his lips returning to normal.

He didn't say a word but she could feel his eyes on her like a weight.

She didn't know what to say but she didnt have to because in that moment, Trystan returned to her side.

As his arm went around her, she felt the tension rolling off of him.

There was silence for a minute as both men sized each other up. Kaia knew that this moment would determine their future. If Preston Asher-Wellington deemed them enemies they were doomed. She saw Adaira move closer to Preston and she wondered if they were together.

"Trystan Dwyer. I heard you caught my father." Preston stated with a steely voice that made Kaia shiver. A soft gasp escaped from Adaira.

"Yes, I did. He is a monster who deserves to feel the pain of what he has done to others." Trystan kept his face cool even though he squeezed Kaia's arm.

They waited for Preston's response the tension growing till it was almost choking.

Preston stepped closer to them. His eyes blazing with anger and hatred. His whole body radiated with it. Kaia had to force herself to not take a step back from the force of it.

"Then make sure you inflict as much pain as you can on him because if he ever ends up on my hands, the whole world will watch as I tear him limb from limb."

A breath escaped Trystan. His whole body melted as he realized that he hadn't made an enemy of the head of the most powerful family.  Preston pulled back, his emotions getting reigned back into his towering form. Adaira wrapped her hands around his arm, making him turn to her. He smiled softly at her, transforming his whole face.

He looked absolutely handsome in that moment.

He turned to the both of them and nodded at them.

"See you around, brother." He muttered before walking away with Adaira.

Trystan turned to Kaia and sagged against her.
"That man intimidates me." Trystan admitted, making Kaia laugh.

He leaned in and kissed her and as he did, Kaia felt like a weight had been lifted off the both of them. Their story was only getting better.

Hi loves. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. This chapter had been swirling around my head for a while and I wanted to gift it to all of you. I hope you enjoy it and it helps bring this story to a final close. Thank you for a year of greatness and for all your reads and votes and comments. You have propelled this story to a height I never expected. Happy Holidays.