Chapter Twelve: You Don't Deserve My Thoughts

Chapter Twelve:

~*Katalina*~

   I can't believe he kissed me, Katalina thought, falling back on her bed. Is it possible to be so happy and confused at the same time? Turning to her side, she glanced at the clock. Five. Hmm. Dinner sounded good. 

    Getting off of her bed, Katalina changed into some sweat pants and a gray hoodie. As Katalina walked down the hall and into the kitchen she heard a knock at the door. Sighing, she went to answer it.

   She opened the door. "Hello?" She questioned. Two cops stood there. "Um, hello?"

   "We're here to discuss the death of Missy Templeton." One of them said.

   "Didn't you already send two cops over here yesterday?" She insisted. They looked at each other, then shook their heads. "Officer Jex and Hess?"

   The one with dark hair's brows furrowed. "We don't have any deputies by those names." He informed Katalina.

   "Then who were they?" She argued, sarcasm coloring her tone.

   " 'Dont know, but may we come in and discuss this, ma'am?" Dark Hair asked. Katalina sighed and let them through the thresh-hold.

~*Aric*~

   Aric smiled gaily as he fell back on his bed, and then his smile slipped from his face. I can't believe I kissed her! He mentally scolded himself. What happened to not getting attached? Aric ran his hands over his face in exhaustion. 

   There was a knock at his door. Aric quickly sniffed the air. Sam. "Stop sniffing, man, I know I smell good, but I don't swing that way!" Sam said, barging in.

   Aric sat up. "Dude, I coulda been changing and shit, bro!"

   Sam rolled his eyes. "Yeah, 'bro'," he mocked Aric, "but you werent. So call your nuts."

   Aric growled and then ran a hand through his hair. He buried his face in his hands. "I kissed her."

   Sam's eyes widened. "Say what?"

   "I kissed Kat!" Aric hissed, loathing himself.

   "Aric! That's great!" Sam said, smiling.

   Aric glared at Sam. "You sound like a chick, dude."

   "Your just mad I can show my emotions and you can't." Sam shot back, sitting on the bed next to Aric. Aric groaned.

   "What do I do?"

   Sam laughed. "Is that a trick question?"

   Aric punched Sam in the stomach. "Hey, asshole!" He teased, "Love is no trick!" He said, mocking a loving lover, "It is beautiful--!"

   "Hallelujah!" Sam cried, raising his hands to the sky like a preacher. "Amen, brotha!"

   Aric threw a pillow at Sam's face.

~*Katalina*~

   Katalina frowned as she closed the door behind the two polices officers. Apparently there aren't any deputies by the name of Jex and Hess. That left a bad taste in Katalina's mouth.

   These one's thankfully asked about Missy. Katalina's hear sank, poor Missy. They asked her how she knew Missy, when was the last time she saw her, and the works. Katalina felt the emotions swirling around in the pit of her stomach before she actually indulged in them.

   She walked stiffly down the hall to her room, closed her bedroom door, sat on her windowseat, and then, and only then, she let the tears fall.

   They were the earth-shaking sobs that made her gasp for breath after each one. She clutched at her stomach, a small ache forming at the bottom of it. Between a sob, she took a quick gasp of breath before resuming to her sorrow.

   Outside, she watched as the woods got rained on, she knew there was something odd about that. How she connected with the forest. But Katalina didnt care, she loved the woods.

   When Katalina felt she couldnt cry anymore, she wiped at her probably blazing red eyes and stood, shivering. Katalina heard the door downstairs slam shut; she took a deep breath. She really, really didnt need this right now.

   "Kat?" Someone yelled. Katalina paused.

   "James?" She hadnt talked to him since he said that he'd created a life elsewhere. She had made it a point to ignore him. James had sensed that and hadnt come over or tried to reach her much. Katalina slowly walked through her door.

   James saw her red, puffy eyes and stopped in the hallway. "Kat..."

   Katalina touched her eyes, smiling weakly. "Dont worry, I was just thinking about Missy."

   "Missy? The girl who was murdered?" James questioned. Katalina nodded.

   "She was my friend. She was new."

   "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." James said, acting grown-up all of a sudden. "Kat, I wanted to talk to you about our current situation."

   Katalina played dumb. "And that is?"

   "Your ignoring me because I'm not staying here forever," he said. Katalina nodded. 

   "Yes, James. But I know now that you can't stay forever. I would like us--me, you, and Mom--to sit down for dinner like we're a family again."

   James shook his head. "We are a family, Kat."

   "Right." Katalina breathed.

   Katalina walked to school. She did nothing yesterday, just moped around the house. She was beginning to wonder how her life had been fine one day and messed up the next. Katalina noticed how'd she'd went along with everything.

   Katalina also noticed how things that used to be important to her were now things she rarley thought about. Photography? Her Mom? James she thought about, but only when reminded. Katalina realized that all of her thoughts were about one person. One who, if you ask Katalina, doesnt deserve her thoughts, tears, or unhappiness: Aric Jenson.

A/N: I'm sorry this chappie is so short, it's just that I accidently put something in the previous chapter that was supposed to be in this chapter...So I didnt have anything to write that was important for the plot in this chappie.

   I apologize if you get lost, or confused throughout this book, because I WILL edit it. Later. When the book is actually done:) 

   CoMmEnT: FaN: VoTe

   Sneezes and Farts,

             Leeann:)