Chapter Twenty-Six: Happily Ever After...Kinda.

Chapter Twenty-Six:

~*Katalina*~

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

Kataline groaned as another sick feeling overwhelmed her. She had to know who was hurt, she felt it in her bones it was someone important. Who was it? Please, not Aric!

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Henry was repeating this sentence, each time a littler more anger and confusion colored his voice. This girl was in pain, but it couldn't be anything he had done. The effects of his torture would be numbed by now. But still, Katalina was banging her head against the wall. "Goddamnit, I hate women! They are so stupidly inflicted with pain!"

Katalina heard his voice but couldn't register words; she didn't care. She wanted Aric, she wanted to see his face, to tell him that she was alive. If he even knew she was gone! How could he? He was probably fighting for his life someone in the forest.

"Henry!" A new voice rang out. Katalina felt rather than heard the footsteps get closer. Henry grunted as he quickly shut the large door between him and Katalina. "Henry, for fucks sake!"

Henry crossed his arms as Sara came into his view. "Hey, where's Kent? Is he already fighting Aric?"

Katalina instantly perked up, her head throbbing from each bang of pain she'd inflicted upon herself. Her vision blurred and she squeezed her eyes shut to keep from puking from the dizziness she felt. Ths girl, Sara went on, "Who is she? Wait, is she human? Henry, Kent is going to be pissed that you have another one of your sex toys-"

"Sara, meet Katalina, Aric's human mate." Henry so graciously announced. Sara's jaw dropped slightly as she stared at the girl whose eyes were closed. "There's something weird about her though. She seemed to be in pain."

Sara snorted. "Considering she's here with you? What have you done to her?"

"I've had my fun, now I'm just waiting for Kent to get back with that stupid little brother of his."

Katalina's eyes opened and she stood, shakily. "Where's Aric? Why am I here?" Well, she thought, if I'm going to die today I might as well be brave about it.

"Hopefully? Dead. You're here because you're close to the little son of a bitch. Quiet literally actually, that bitch of a mother never really liked me."

Sara rolled her eyes. "And now we know why. Look, kid," Sara turned to the dirty girl in the cell. "If all goes well and your mate dies, then think about it: we'll gladly stop your suffering and kill you now. I'm sure you'll be able to tell when your mate dies, it'll hurt like a bitch."

"I already hurt like a bitch." Katalina snapped, before sitting back down on the hard floor.

~* Aric*~

The son of a bitch got away.

It was the only thing Aric could keep repeating in his head as he walked, or rather, ran towards his Father who was on the ground. His mother kneeling next to him. Sam spoke, his voice gruff, "Aric, he's losing too much blood."

"What do we do?" Even though he was trying to keep his attention on his dying father, all he could think about was his mate.

"I'll take him back." Jillian spoke, wiping tears from her eyes. "I'd love to help you get Kent, but I can't be away from him. And you're sure as hell not going alone. So go, take Same and go! Now, Aric! I'll never forgive you if you let something happen to my future daughter in law."

Sam and Aric ran then after a shared look of burning hate. They followed Kent's linger scent. Neither of the boys cared that the other was naked, being a wolf you got used to each other's bodies quite quickly.