Chapter one

"Everybody open up your books to page 57." Mrs. Lori handed out thick books with the title, Starlea's Savour, Ava hadn't learnt about the history of Starlea, even though that was where they lived. She was only 7 years old at the time, she flipped the book to page 57." Courtney, read the first line." Courtney jumped, she was really shy, she covered up her face with her black, straight hair, like she always did, and spoke." Um, okay, er, Starlet Shenea is the founder of, er, Starlea, she says that she remembers the plain deserts that she walked upon to find this great land." The teacher pointed at Troy." Troy please read the next sentence." Troy looked at his book with a confused look on his face, he pointed his finger at the book, trying to find what line he was reading, then he found it." Oh there it is! Ahem, she says that the plain deserts were like no other desert." He looked at the teacher, she gestured him to keep reading," she felt like her life was over, humanity was erased for sure, she fell to the ground in a particular place, luck had her side." The teacher looked at Ava." Read the next paragraph Ava." Ava was a good reader, better than the others in fact. The teacher always picked her to read because Ava was an example to other kids." She was swallowed up, she almost ran out of air when..." Ava looked confused." She fell to the land of Starlea..." Ava looked up from her book and to Mrs. Lori," miss, that can't be true, she can't just FALL into a land of happiness, there had to be something bad that happened." Mrs. Lori chuckled, and shook her head," ah, Ava, why do you question things so much, you should be proud of where you are right now. Queen Shenea was gifted by God." Ava looked away from the amused teacher and down at her book, she could see pictures of beautiful trees surrounding Starlet who was wearing a long, red dress. Ava studied the image until she was interrupted." Hey Avalanche! Be proud of what you have!" She heard Timothy's voice, she hated him, but before Ava could turn around a splashy liquid spread across her back, it smelled like chocolate milk, she was infuriated. Ava was covered in it by now, children were laughing nonstop, she stormed out the classroom and into the restrooms.

Ava ran home upon the grass fields, here in Starlea, nobody needed shoes at all, it was just grass everywhere. She arrived home to her awaiting mother." Hi sweetie, what took you so long, dinner is cold already." Ava greeted her mom and went upstairs to her room. Her brother, Eric, was on his side of the room reading a book." Hi Eric." Eric looked up from his book," Ava are you alright?" He had spotted the chocolate milk all over her back." I swear, Timothy is a dead man!" Ava chuckled, her brother was like no other, he understood her because they were basically the same, they were twins." I heard, Ava. It's all around the school, everyone says that you don't believe in Starlet's findings," he paused," tell me that's not true." Ava looked down at the floor, her blonde hair slid from behind her ears and onto her face. Eric noticed, he laid down on his bed, if Ava didn't wanna talk about it that was fine." It's not that I don't believe she found this place," Eric turned to Ava," it's just, how she found it. It's not realistic to find a beautiful place and just be happy, I mean, it wasn't her's. Maybe, she conquered it, maybe people were already living there." Ava laid down on her bed on her side and didn't talk anymore. After a while Eric turned off the lights, and they were asleep...