Chapter 8

Ava was taken aback with the truth. She was frozen still, Tyler the same. Florr clutched the necklace to her heart, and prayed in soft Spanish. She asked politely for them to leave, for she needed time, to think of what she had done. The children were just as surprised, Ava hated the truth, the true Starlet Shenea was a monster. Ava turned the corner to a gravel pathway, the crunching beneath her feet scared her, for all, but that was silent. She had a delayed moment, she had to freak out at some point. She sank to the gravel floor, on her knees. The stinging pain wasn't felt, Tyler patted her back sympathetically. She dropped her head in her hands and sobbed, Tyler kneeled down with her in the gravel, he struck in pain. But then, he let the pain take him, the pain of the gravel scratching their knees. He hugged her as she cried. There, alone, in the dark they were, sobbing loudly.

Starlet looked at her dresser mirror. She looked stunning, powerful even. Tonight was the annual, Goermab Festival. It was the celebration of Starlea's unity. A knock came on the door," miss," she turned to see James Coven with his unique shaggy red hair and green eyes." What is it? I have a party to host, James." James looked excited and hesitant, the look was weird, but Starlet then understood why." Miss, Florr's home cameras came in handy. Harold Morris was right about installing secret cameras there!" James looked really excited, he chuckled to himself, but Starlet kept a serious, straight face." Show me the footage!" James showed Starlet footage of Florr talking to 2 KIDS whilst holding a necklace." James?" She asked sarcastically and sweetly," where did you put that necklace that we found on Florr's neck when we found her?" Her voice more strict now, James shivered hesitantly and stepped back, in case.
"A fellow Starlean was looking for her grandmother's necklace but she couldn't find it. So she was going up to all the Starleans so I gave it to her to shut her up." He said this quickly, but Starlet was still infuriated.
"You DO know, that if Florr was given that necklace in exchange of the truth, she would tell the truth, right?"
James gasped, he shook his head quickly. He played back the footage to see the children's surprised faces, their shocked and scarred faces. It most definitely, looked like Florr was telling, THE TRUTH. He looked at the children more carefully but couldn't seem to see their faces properly. He turned to Starlet, who was once again, facing her mirror." Cancel Goermab, will you?" She stood up and walked out of her suite.