Chapter six

"It, it moved you?" Tyler nodded, smiling." So, you didn't believe." He looked down hesitantly, as if shy to say what was in his mind." I was too shy to speak up." He led her to the waiting rooms." Excuse me?" He was talking to a young man at the front desk." We want an appointment to see." He looked to his sides." Starlet Shenea." Ava gasped, that was not who she wanted to see, she didn't even know the queen was in the building, the young man shook his head." You're talking about the QUEEN, right?" Tyler nodded eagerly," well, let me think. No." He said sarcastically. Ava pushed Tyler out of the way." I'm sorry, what he meant was," she turned to Tyler with anger," we want to see The Wise." The Wise were three people, one woman, two men. They lived throughout the Red War, barely, apparently, Starlet Shenea saved them from despair, they were eager to live. They knew everything that happened, they saw it themselves, Ava knew that they probably had a false history script, so she was gonna buy her way to the truth." Okay well, wait out here." He pointed at the seats of the waiting room." One of the Wise will come soon," Ava and Tyler sat down on the cushiony chairs.

"Tyler!" Ava slapped Tyler on the back of his head." The QUEEN?! What were you thinking?!" Tyler shrugged hesitantly," I wanted the truth face to face with the liar." Ava shook her head, she calmed down her breathing and sat back on her chair." Just, tell me, next time, okay?" Tyler shrugged and nodded, soon a lady stepped into the waiting room from two glass doors." Eva and Taylor?" Ava and Tyler laughed, everyone ALWAYS misheard, they stood up from the chairs," um, miss?" She looked at Ava who was passing her through the glass doors." Our names are Ava and Tyler." She laughed but Ava and Tyler had already left into a big room.

Ava and Tyler bowed before Florr, she was the woman of The Wise." What do you wish to know?" She spoke calmly, Ava proceeded her plan." How did Starlet find Starlea?" Florr sat down on a cushiony chair, she gestured them to sit down before her." Starlet escaped the Red War," she begun," Starlet was walking amongst endless layers of sand, till she fell." Ava shook her head, she knew the truth wouldn't come that quickly." No, Florr. How did she really find Starlea?" Florr looked confused, everyone in Starlea believed it, how come they didn't." Florr, I know you have a script, I know it's fake. Tell us the truth." Ava showed Florr her necklace, it was a diamond beauty, Ava's grandma had had it before the Red War, The Wise found it and gave it to Ava." I know it's yours." Ava handed her the necklace, Florr looked really puzzled, until she looked at the back of the necklace, it read; my dearest Florr, I love you no matter what, I promise we'll make it past the war, I promise...

Florr held the diamond to her heart, tears swelling up in her eyes, she looked at them with her wet eyes." I, I will do anything you please, your kindness will be rewarded." A woman walked in the room, she looked like a maid, she stormed in the door to see Florr crying." Florr, next customer-. Florr? Why are you crying, are they bothering you?" Florr wiped her tears." No Tiani, they're just about to leave." Tiani left the room, she turned to them." Meet me at the library at dusk." Tyler and Ava were escorted out of the building to the welcoming day," since when did you have that?" Ava didn't look at him, just the ground." I was told, my grandmother died in the Red War, holding the necklace, it was given to my mother immediately, she never wore it, so she just kept it in a cabinet. So one day I wore it and found the writing in the back." Tyler was impressed, he couldn't wait to go to the library. Right then, they departed, leaving to their homes.

Ava opened the front door.

Silence.

She walked inside, her mother was probably home from her kidney transplants, sleeping. She walked up to her room, Eric wasn't home, it was four O'clock he had to be home." Eric?" She called out, she looked in her mother's bedroom, there was her mother, sleeping gracefully, she sat down next to her." Mom," she whispered, her mother turned away from Ava," mom!" Doris squinted, she looked at Ava, she gave her a hug, they hadn't seen each other in a long time." Ava, what is it, my love." She kissed Ava on the forehead, Ava cuddled up in her mother's loving arms, she looked up at her eyes." Where is Eric?" Doris, sat up, confused. She thought Eric was already there, she called for him. Silence. She looked everywhere, and he was nowhere to be found." Ava, let's go to his school." Doris grabbed her things, and Ava grabbed a baseball bat, in case she needed to beat someone up.

The campus was empty, if there wasn't any wind, you could hear a pin drop." He has to be here, the school is meters from our home. If he was," Doris gulped, in a moment of silence she took a deep breath." We would've heard it..." They heard it, a loud call for help, in Eric's voice. They rushed to the scene, following his voice, they soon found him. He was on the floor, a gag around his mouth. As Ava and Doris approached him he shook his head in warning to not go near him." So this is the one who doesn't believe." Two school boys walked from behind a fence, following them was a girl, with a glam look, a pale face, green eyes and an Ariana Grande type ponytail but with blonde hair." Heh," the girl smirked," if she wanted to make a statement, more people would've listened to her IF she was pretty." Ava looked hurt, usually the people of Starlea were nice, unlike Timothy, but all of a sudden everyone was mean." Listen," Doris approached the situation slowly." Let my son go, please, don't let any harm come to him." She begged, she looked at Eric's poor face, reminding her that her son was in danger." You mean, this?" One of the guys said, kicking him in the stomach." Stop it!" Ava couldn't stand her brother being hurt." If anyone should get hurt it's me." They pushed Eric towards his family and grabbed Ava's arm. Eric was still tied up, so Doris punched the boy." Get her!" He said, hurt. Ava was free, she kicked the girl on the shin, then as she stumbled in pain, she pushed her to the ground. Doris and Ava looked at each other in a split second, and in that time, they made a plan. Doris carried Eric, whilst Ava distracted the last boy." You think you can fight me?" He punched her in the face, blood was dripping from her nose, she wiped it and aimed for a punch. But, he took her arm and twisted it backwards." You can't fight me, can you?" Ava was pushed to the ground on her side, she scratched her upper right arm. Rolling in pain, Ava begged for mercy, but the boy kicked her in the stomach." If she can't fight you," they both turned to see Kyle, standing before them," I can." The boy chuckled but before he could say anything, he was punched in the nose and teeth." Kyle-." Ava couldn't believe it, she was saved. She hugged him, and he hugged her back. But they didn't do it for too long, they just ran.