Chapter four

"Okay, everyone WAKE UP!" A short muscly lady yelled at her recruits," we have new people joining us today, DON'T make them feel welcome at all!" Ava and some other people including Timothy, Henry and Michael stood behind the lady." Their names are, Kyle, Samantha,Bethany, Henry, Ava, Jasmine, Kourtney, Odie, Carly, Michael, Lorene and Timothy." She faced her new recruits," I am, Haley, your instructor, I will make YOU have a better future." Ava could feel everybody gulping around her of fear.

"Today, everyone will do some extreme training! We will pass and obstacle course that will need you to use your brains and athleticism." Haley led everyone to an obstacle course that looked unforgettable." Course 101 of Starlea's military training." Everybody looked shocked." Yes, yes. Your punishment is to be in the military of Starlea for a month, okay? No big deal!" She pointed at the course." Go right through the course, there'll be some puzzles and switches okay, use you're brains, top three fastest kids to complete the course get proper dinner for the first night, and get to write to their loved ones." Ava almost cried for joy when she heard that she could talk to her family." Okay, ready, set, GO!"

Ava ran, she was falling behind on running, she wasn't very fast. She neared up some ropes, she looked down, below the ropes was a trampoline. They were pretty high up. Most of the kids hesitated, but Ava swung herself to the other side. The next obstacle was a puzzle. A device with some buttons was in front of her, and next to it was what looked like an elevator door. She took off the pad of the device like they did in movies. Now what? She thought. A guy who looked one year older than Ava looked at the pad." You help me, I help you." Ava nodded quickly, he hacked the pad and the elevator door opened. Ava could see Michael pacing behind, but the door closed before he could get in. The guy turned to Ava." The name's Kyle." He let out his hand to shake," what's yours?" Ava shook his hand, his arms weren't really that muscly, she looked at his face, he had red hair with blue eyes and a welcoming smile." I'm Ava." Ava smiled, but before he could respond, the elevator shook violently, the lights were flicking on and off.

"Follow me!" Kyle exclaimed. He opened a trapdoor at the roof of the elevator, he climbed out and then helped Ava climb out." Thanks." Kyle shrugged, showing a gesture of 'no problem'. He looked around, then he pointed at a ladder on the side of the wall." Let's climb down that ladder," Ava wasted no time, and listened to Kyle. He studied the ladder carefully." My question is," Kyle tilted his head," how are we gonna get there?" Ava smiled, and did a slight 'ahem'. He turned to her." Watch and learn." Ava jumped from the elevator roof and swung on a piece of hanging metal, then she proceeded to jump to another piece and another piece, and so on, till she reached the ladder." Don't worry, it's just like monkey bars." Kyle hesitated, then he jumped onto the pieces of metal. He was doing fine until he grabbed a very weak one that broke off." Kyle, no!" Ava exclaimed.

Ava climbed down the ladder, when she reached the bottom, she found Kyle on a trampoline, laughing nervously." Kyle, are you alright." Kyle laughed harder, rolling around on the trampoline." Kyle come on, I hear the other people coming." Kyle laughed." Oh, am I lucky I landed on this trampoline, heh," he got up and they both went through an exit door.

On the other side of the door was a proper obstacle course, Kyle and Ava wasted no time and got right to it, they were quarter way when they heard screaming and then they heard a trampoline catching someone. They sped up, going through anything that Haley threw at them, until, they could see the end. But, they could also see Michael, Henry and Timothy. Ava ran, pulling Kyle with her. The boys were behind them, Ava heard Timothy push over Henry and Michael to the floor, betraying them. Timothy sped past Kyle and pushed him over, Ava stopped. She let Timothy go first, she knelt down in front of Kyle and pulled him up. She could see Henry already struggling to get up, they ran as much as they could until they made it past the finish line.

A bell boomed throughout the course, informing the recruits that it was over. Once everyone was at the end, Haley yelled into her microphone." Our three winners! Ava, Kyle and Henry!" Timothy's smile turned into a frown in a split second." Wait," Timothy looked at her angrily." Haley, I won. I came first!" Haley looked at Timothy with sass, and said, " using violence to win," she started," isn't winning, that's the opposite of what this camp is about." Timothy looked infuriated." But I won!" He kicked some dirt." All that effort, for nothing." Haley came up behind Timothy, she forced him to swallow a sleeping pill." If ANYONE has behaviour, like this." She caught Timothy when her was knocked out." They will go through the BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE TREATMENT!" Two men walked up behind her, they had big, broad shoulders and thick muscles, they looked unbeatable in a fight. The men dragged Timothy towards a modern looking building.

"Eric, it's okay, I'll be with you soon." A tear ran down Ava's cheek. She was in a room by herself, talking to Eric." It's only a month," Ava tried not to cry in front of her brother to show him that she was strong and fine but she hadn't succeeded." You don't deserve this, Ava." Eric was in his home in the dining room, he was crying," it was Timothy's fault." A lady stepped into the room, she was wearing a black, tight dress and painful-looking high heels, she was young, her brown hair was tied up in a bun, she looked like a true business lady." Ava Morris?" Ava looked at the lady with tears still in her eyes." Ava, Adam Gohnan wants to see you in his office, stat." Ava said her goodbyes, she almost didn't leave her brother, but she had to.

"Ava Morris?" Ava walked into a modern office with a man greeting her happily and saying her name." Ava, your mother, has been abused violently by a, Harold Morris." Ava looked down at the floor angrily, she planned revenge soon." Is, is she alright?" Adam looked at her straight in the eye, he looked sorry, he felt pity for Ava, he looked at his documents just to make sure." She's, er, in the hospital, she was hit in the stomach a lot, which has resulted in kidney failures and bleeds." Ava put her face in her hands," you are allowed to go home, permanently, to look after her. Your behaviour was fine so, we trust you to act responsibly, okay?" Ava nodded.