Chapter nine

Ava was sitting in her dining room chair talking to Eric when, the doorbell rung. Eric stood up from sitting next to Ava, he opened the door and found to his surprise, his father. Eric jumped when he saw his father's angry face. Harold pushed Eric aside and yelled at Ava." You bloody--" Harold took a deep breath, and calmed down." Ava, did you talk to one of the Wise this week." Ava nodded,
"Yeah, we have to, to learn history at school." Harold stepped closer to his daughter,
"Have you seen Florr?" Ava shook her head, also going through her mind, why he was asking.
"She was arrested yesterday. Because of a confidential felony." Ava was shocked, how did they know, how?
"She was talking to two kids, a girl, and a boy. The girl looked a whole lot like you, Ava." He spoke in a weird, in charge tone." I didn't see her yesterday, dad." Harold grumbled, he gave her a final death stare, before storming off.

"Tyler!" Ava had been running past the grass fields for a long time. She had found out Tyler's address and was running to him, desperate to tell him the news. Tyler walked out, on his porch. She hugged him,"Tyler," she puffed,"she has been arrested, because of us, Tyler." Tyler didn't say anything, Ava started crying." It's all my fault, Tyler." Tyler looked down at Ava." Ava, we-" he hesitated, gulping," we are the reason, she's going to die." Ava gasped, she hugged Tyler harder. With more fear, with more regret. He held her, in his arms. They stayed there for a long moment, crying in regret.

Ava went to school the next morning. The weekend was over, she was now to face the glaring faces of those who knew that she went to 'prison camp'. She walked in there and saw Kyle." Kyle?" Ava said, confused. How was he here?" You're in my school, Kyle. You're here." She was weirded out.
"Nice to see you too, Ava." Kyle smirked." I'm here because, well... They recommended this school after my old school was reconstructed into a library with a ballroom for the Goermab Festival. But apparently, it was cancelled." He chuckled to himself. They spent the whole day together, chatting, laughing. Kyle was awesome.

Starlet looked at Florr straight in the eye." Who were they, Florr?!" Starlet was mad,
"Oh Starlet, why should I answer you?" Florr spat. Starlet snatched Florr's necklace of her neck and looked at it sarcastically." You want this back, and if you don't want to die, SPEAK!" Florr looked at her necklace, admiring it, wanting it." You can't kill me, they'll question you, Starlet. You're supposed to be the 'good one'." Starlet grumbled loudly in fury. She took out a gun." Wow, wait... Those were gone long ago, Starlea was meant to be in peace." Florr backed up, the tight, soundproof room was small, and locked. No one could get out, ever." You're going to die, Florr. So either tell me, or die... Slowly and painfully." Florr gulped. She made a run for it, the doors were locked, there was no escape. Before Starlet shot, she quickly exclaimed the description, not the names. Starlet grinned and shot her anyway.

Ava ran to her classroom. There was an unexpected visitor coming, she didn't know why, but she was super excited. They never got visitors. Ava found her locker and stuffed her things inside, she then looked for Kyle. They met up and she squealed as he rolled his eyes. The bell rung and she grabbed Kyle by the wrist and pulled him inside. Inside the classroom, Mrs Sanders, the principal, was waiting inside." Good morning children," everyone said, like a choir of bored voices, 'good morning'. The principal announced that there would be a guest arriving soon so they had to behave. Everyone jumped around in their seats and looked excited. Except Kyle, he looked bored.

The clanking of hard men's shoes was slowly coming closer. Ava leaned forward in her seat. Two men walked into e classroom. They were both in similar tuxes, one of the men had brownish blondish hair and blue eyes, the other one had light brown hair and deep hazel eyes. Ava recognised them, they were, The Wise!" Good morning students. We are, The Wise." Everyone 'oohed' and 'aahed'. Kyle for once looked surprised." Something, uh, confidential happened a few weeks ago," the guy with the blonde hair said," one of The Wise, broke a law, which involved a high school student." A girl, sitting in the back row, started crying. " no, my auntie!" This girl had light blonde hair and brown eyes, like Ava. The Wise looked suspicious, they looked at her weirdly and whispered confidential things to each other. The girl stopped crying, she looked up at the men," is my auntie, Florr, okay?"
"It makes sense that she would tell her, her niece." The guy with brown hair whispered to the other guy suspiciously, no one knew what he said, they were good at whispering. The other guy nodded and looked at the class, fake cheerfully." Ah, come here, girl." The girl stood up from her seat quickly and hugged the man. He patted her on the back as kids started calling out and questioning where Florr was. Ava looked at Kyle with a look of shock, Kyle shared the same look. Of course she had told him, he was her best friend, or more than that. The girl was taken by the wrist by both of them as the teacher silenced the teenagers. Ava put her hand up hurriedly." Yes, Ava Morris?" Ava looked at Kyle for a split second and then spoke." May I... Go to the bathroom, miss?" Ava was dismissed and she stood up quickly, not before Kyle took her hand and tugged it. Ava looked at him, with fear, but she couldn't let this innocent girl pay for what Ava had done.

The hallways were long and dark. The only light was from the windows. Ava heard a girl questioning someone. She ran towards the voice, until she saw the two men putting the girl in handcuffs." Listen girl, what's your name?!" The girl tried to wriggle out off their grip and run, with the handcuffs but at least be free. It didn't work, they slapped her, in the middle of a school hallway. Ava gasped, how could they?" My..." She stammered fearfully," my name is Gloria." They smiled in satisfaction." Now, kid." The guy with the brown hair said," what do you know?" Ava had to interrupt, if she said that she didn't know anything, who knew what would happen. Ava cleared her throat and stomped her feet, she also spoke in another voice, saying that she didn't know where her classroom was. The two men jumped, they finally realised they were talking loudly in the middle of a hallway. One of the men stepped towards where she was hiding, behind a wall. She found a second exit and went around to where Gloria and the other Wise were. She responded to her own question," your classroom is up the left, Jimmy. Oh, silly Jimmy." She spoke in a baby's voice. The other Wise looked around." Stay here, kid." He ran towards Ava, who ran towards the other exit. The two guards, trying to chase the two fictional people, ran into each other." What are you doing here, bozo! You're meant to look after that girl."

Ava ran to Gloria silently. Gloria smiled at the sight of her." Help me, please." She whisper-shouted to Ava. Ava looked at her handcuffs, she looked around the room. An emergency axe was next to her." Okay, listen to me." Ava tried to take this slowly." I'm going to use that axe to cut you free, okay?" Gloria shook her head quickly, she backed up. Ava pulled up a wooden chair." We don't have much time, put your hands over here." She pointed to the corner bottom of the chair, where the bottom would go." Put your hands here, and I'll be less likely to... Hit you." Gloria shivered. Ava broke the glass with her fists. It was a bad idea, it immediately stunned The Wise, they headed towards where they were. Ava's hands were covered with cuts, it stung with pain. She didn't care, she swung the axe at the handcuffs. Gloria tried to lean back, away from the dangerous object. That's when, Ava heard a crack.