The chilling and Frightening (Revised)

Jesse yawned at the end of class as she got up with her book in her hand. Her phone had been pretty quiet during the hour of boringness which she only half enjoyed.  There was just something about a droning voice trying to pronounce words that made it worthwhile to deal with the professor.

“Hey, Jesse can I speak with you?” The familiar voice asked as she began walking towards the exit.

                The brunette looked behind her and gave Shane an annoyed look. He had finally decided to sound a little more entertained than the droning voice he used in his lesson. As the rest of the class filed out to go their separate ways, Jesse stayed behind reluctantly. She plopped herself down in the row she sat in during class and rested her left leg over her right. With bright blue eyes she stared the twenty-seven year old down, watching as he walked closer to her and sat on the desk in front of her.

“You’re in the top of your class.” He told her, his eyes scanning her over, looking for flaws. A little to his disappointment he found none.

Maybe she’s emotionally unstable. He thought with a smile.

                Jesse was filled with annoyance. Unlike the older man who was clearly a playboy, she had places to be and gossip to post. She was Mystery Girl for crying out loud! Getting up from her seat, she walked towards the exit once more. The brunette wasn’t exactly looking forward to the cold air, but she didn’t really have a choice. Frost bite or Shane Right? In her eyes, Shane never had a chance against the possible threat of amputation.

“Do you want to at least borrow my coat?”

                She stopped in her tracks. It was such a tempting offer and Jesse was just about to turn around and tell him yes when Jakub walked through the door. His eyes scanned the mostly empty room before spotting the blue eyed girl. Holding up a spare jacket he bought for her while she was in class, he grinned. The look on Jesse’s face turned into complete gratitude while Shane’s looked as though he was going to kill the other with a lead pipe.

“Thanks Mr. Shane, but it looks like I already got one.” She told her teacher, turning to give him a little smile.

                Shane’s face couldn’t have switched fast enough. He hadn’t expected Jesse to look back at him so his face was stuck in a cluster of emotions that were mostly surprise and anger. The eighteen year old blinked at the odd expression before turning back around to get the spare coat from Jakub.

“Do you have everything?” The blonde asked, handing over the white coat.

                Handing the book over for Jakub to hold, Jesse took the jacket and quickly wrapped herself within it. A pleasurable sigh left her lips at the warmth the coat brought her. Jakub smiled at her as she gave him small thanks before taking her book back and walking out the first of the doors that led outside. He spared a glance behind him to see the light brown haired man flip him off with a smile. Neither man was looking for a challenge or a war over the blue eyed girl, but they were willing to fight over her. She was a rarity among girls at the pretentious school. They couldn’t help themselves.

                Jakub, of course, returned the rude gesture with a serious look before following Jesse out the door. Between the first door they went through and the second door that was a few feet away, the blonde thought of several things to keep the other close. He thought about asking her on a date, seeing if she could see what was wrong with his pet turtle (not that anything was wrong with him), or even helping him with his homework (something he usually paid others to do). Just as they came up to the glass door that showed the falling snow outside, Jesse turned to face the other with a smile.