How the Loving Fall (Revised)

At Lucasville Community Jakub searched for Jesse most of the day. He would have called her, but he left his phone at home during his rush to leave the place. Who would have known that after one night, he would get so uncomfortable being in such a huge place? The blonde made a mental note to get his mom to let him move out.

“Jakub!”

                Turning around, the twenty year old came face to face with Shane of all people. Groaning inwardly, he waved his hand at the teacher. How was it that he was becoming so unlucky? Was Shane following him by chance? A shiver ran down his spine at the thought. He knew he was good looking enough to attract strange woman, but men were a different thing.

“Jesse’s in danger.”

                His heart dropped. To think of it as literal or metaphorical was to be questioned. Dropping his bag, the blonde grabbed the older man by the collar. His smoldering blue eyes stared into Shane’s brown ones as he asked him where Jesse was. He couldn’t understand why the other hadn’t just told him earlier instead of standing around. What if her life was being threatened?

                A shot of adrenaline worked its way through Jakub as he removed his hands from the older man and ran off, leaving his back pack behind. He didn’t bother waiting for an answer. For all he knew, Shane was the reason she was in danger. The farther and farther the blonde got, the wider Shane’s smile became. He couldn’t believe how easy things were falling into place. First he tricked Jesse and now Jakub. As long as he followed the otherwise simple instructions, things were going to start looking up for the brunette.

                Picking up the bag the other had left behind; Shane looked around for a moment before slinging the object over his shoulder. A small grunt escaped his lips at the weight of the thing; it made him wonder just what the hell was in it. He didn’t look inside though. The brunette was far too busy plotting a certain girl’s destruction. Shaking her unfortunate life to a crumble just to get what he desired most. With triumphant steps, Mr. Right followed after the young man. He, himself was in no hurry to ‘save’ Jesse.

                As Jakub ran to Jesse’s home, he failed to notice the car that trailed slowly behind him. With each step he took, the car inched forward. The 90210 area not paying attention to the scene as it played out second by second. The backstreet Jakub was about to cross in front of soon filled with an impala. Causing the blonde to stop, one back door opened and a hand snatched Jakub up from where he was standing. The wheels that had been inching forward all that time finally sped into gear as the door closed and the mysterious kidnappers drove away.

                A few blocks away, Shane spotted the scene and his eyes went wide. He hadn’t planned for that to happen. It wasn’t his plan! Jakub wasn’t following his plan! Tsking, the brunette removed the back pack from his shoulder and slammed it into the window of a nearby car. The commotion stirred the residents of California, but he ignored them all as he got into the car and hotwired it. Odd, huh? To see an inhabitant of such a rich neighborhood commit such a hoodlum act. It was simply outrageous! Or at least that would have been some old person’s words.

                As fingers dialed the same three digits, Shane got the car started and floored it. The time it had taken him to start the car gave the kidnappers more than enough time to go anywhere they wanted in a five mile radius. With the faint sound of sirens coming his way, the twenty- seven year old drove down every street that the impala had. He was lucky enough to know the route they had taken. It was at the corner of Alphine Drive that the impala and Shane came to greet one another.

“You have got to be kidding me.” He grunted, moving into the lane beside the car.

                One look at the driver and the British male produced a long string of cuss words. He hadn’t expected Rowland, a former friend of his to kidnap the blonde. Last time he heard from the other, he was doing time for a heist he pulled at a bodega. The only way he would have cared enough to break out of jail was for money. And the only job that was close to Beverly Hills was-!