Chapter [3]

Captured|Chapter 3

I paced back and forth as I ringed my hands together. Saying I was nervous was an understatement. I was freaking terrified! I thought my anxiety problems were gone after high school but holy hell I was wrong! It was almost like I couldn't breath.

I quit my pacing and sat down noticing I caught a few people's attention. I fidgeted with my life accessory bracelet. I always wore it and some how it always brought me comfort when I rubbed my thumb over the thin threaded band.

 I always wore it and some how it always brought me comfort when I rubbed my thumb over the thin threaded band

The metal "donut" piece had an inscription carved into it,"do the impossible"... It was a gift from my mother before she had gotten sick. I wore it as a reminder to her memory. And I've never once gone without it...

"Number 43!" I looked down a my sticky note that I was given.

"That's me." I called out as I grabbed my jacket and walked swiftly to Derek's office.

Before I entered, I took a deep breath and muttered a childhood verse that I remember flawlessly,

"Nothing is impossible. Because I'm- possible. And that's extraordinary..." I nodded confidently then entered the room.

"Hey! Guy with the beautiful eyes! I was wondering what number you were." Derek smiled as he looked up from his stack of papers," Do you have a resume?"

Wait?! Did I need one?!

"It's alright if this is your first time, no need to look so pale." Derek chuckled a bit.

"Thank God." I muttered under my breath as I combed my fingers through my hair.

"I'm just finishing up this applicant's paper work then we can start, your welcome to do whatever to prepare." Derek smiled.

I loved his smile... It was so mesmerizing and contagious. I couldn't help smiling back as I strolled around admiring the paintings hung on the cement walls. They gave a nice contrast to the grey walls. It was an interesting collab.

"Sorry to keep you waiting... All set?" I turned toward Derek, the nerves settling in my stomach.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" I piped.

"I'd like you to act natural. Sorta how you were while I was finishing the paper work. You're welcome to walk around, take off your jacket, sit in a chair... Just try and pretend I'm not here almost. I will ask you a few questions and I'd like you to answer them to the best of your ability." Derek instructed as he popped the lens off his camera and posed it in front of his face.