Chapter[5]

Captured|Chapter 5

When I wake up it's always from nightmares, but this time it was different.

I woke up in series's.

First, I felt a soft warmth spread across my face. The warmth flowed down my neck, throughout my exposed, bare chest, down to my ankles, then finally tingling at my toes.

Next came this odd unfamiliarity. Just before you open your eyes and feel like you're not in your own bed. This bed felt more firm, less plush than my bed. But still comfortable.

Next all my senses rushed to the surface. I could smell cedar wood, the faint scent of musk, and the funny smell of printer ink. For some reason I smiled at that smell.

But that vanished when the massive head ache rushed into my head, knocking around my skull like a ball in a pinball machine.

I grimaced, digging the heels of my palms against my sleepy eyes.

"Damn it." I cursed under my breath.

"Morning light weight."

I heard the soft patter of foot steps approach me before I felt a tall figure loom over me. Then the bed dipped to the side as he sat down on the bed.

"Here take this. It should help with the head ache."

Finally I opened my eyes. I blinked a few times to adjust to the sun light.

My brown orbs met forest green ones.

"Derek?"

"Here."

I sat up against the headboard my head pulsing with pain.

"Open."

I opened my mouth obediently letting Derek pop the aspirin in my mouth. He caressed the back of my neck whilst tilting a glass of water to my lips to help down the pills.

"Thanks." I said gulping the water down harshly. My throat burned like hell fire.

"You weren't kidding when you said you were a light weight." Derek chuckled a little.

I realized how much I really loved his laugh. It was... soothing.

"What the hell happened last night?"

"Well lets just say I won."

I laughed at that, but then I realized the memories of last night weren't rushing back. I completely blacked out.

"Did we...?" I asked, partially terrified.

I realized I was only wearing boxers, and they weren't even mine.

"No... You got really drunk. Did you know you're really good at karaoke?" Derek smiled down at the floor, "I think you called yourself the-"

"-Karaoke King." We both said in unison, laughing together.

"At college parties that's what everyone called me." I chuckled.

"Well, after several songs and drinks, I called a cab. You threw up all over yourself before the uber showed up and passed out on my shoulder, so I brought you here. You started mumbling about being hot so you just stripped right in the elevator. I thought maybe a warm bath would do you some good, so you bathed and you were out like a light. I hope it was okay... Me bringing you here and all."

"Yeah it's fine. I just haven't..." I trailed off, remembering how my problems aren't Derek's to bare.

"Stiles? You okay? You look a little pale." Derek soothed my mind with his soft voice.

I exhaled slowly pushing the memories behind me.

"Yeah, just hungover. I'm really sorry about what happened. This is so unprofessional. I understand if I don't get the gig."

"What! Are you kidding? The moment I saw you in that elevator you had the job... Last night was the most fun I've had in years!" Derek's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Are you for real? I've got the job?"

I couldn't believe it!

"Yeah." Derek grinned widely. His teeth shinning and his eyes sparkling.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I smiled.

I lunged over to Derek engulfing him in a hug. It was like something came over me.

I felt... happy... again.

I'm so sorry for the long wait! I've been so busy and distracted with personal issues and school. But i hope you enjoyed the cute Sterek fluff. I apologize for it being so short. Please leave some suggestions for what should happen in the chapters to come! Until the next update...