Chapter [7]

Captured|Chapter 7

I couldn't sleep. I tried to, but I couldn't shut my mind up.

I raced from one thought to the next. I thought I was nearly over this.

So why am I crying?

Why am I thinking about him?

My life was starting to turn around for the better, but one triggered memory of him and I turn soft.

"I'm pathetic." I groaned, digging the heels of my palms against my eyelids.

I sighed... pathetically.

I turned my head, spotting my phone and whisking it up from the bedside table.

No notifications.

I dropped my phone on my chest wondering what to do with myself. I knew it wasn't good for me to obsess over a thought for too long. I just can't get him out of my head.

*tweet sound effect*

My eyebrows scrunched together.

Who's texting me at 2 am?

I lifted my phone up, spotting the texters ID.

'Derek Hale'

My stomach somersaulted at his name.

I unlocked my phone, finally achieving so the third try.

(2:12 am) Derek Hale:
'Hey hottie! Come over!'

I was stunned. This seemed unlike Derek. Why was he texting me at 2 am and calling me "hottie"?

(2:14) Stiles Stilinski:
'Get some rest Derek. I think you're drunk.'

I typed out, pressing 'send'.

*tweet*

(2:17) Derek Hale:
'Hmph! Ur noooooo fun! I'm not as think as you drunk I am!'

Did he just make a Panic! Reference or is he seriously that drunk?

Suddenly my phone went off.

He's calling me now?

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey is this Stiles?" A soft voice asked.

"Yes. This is he." I replied my nerves buzzing.

"I think your friend has had too many drinks. He's starting to draw a lot of attention. I'd drive him home if it weren't my engagement party tonight."

"Oh um... congrats man! I'll be there shortly. Text me your location."

"K. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up, my head reeling with more thoughts. Lovely.

My head began to ache. I grimaced rubbing circles into my temples.

"God. Derek." I sighed.

...

After I had buckled up my phone sounded and I opened up the message.

(2:30 am) 322-901-2817
102 Shimmer Club
Beacon Hills, California

I pasted the address into 'Maps', following the directions given.

...

Soon I finally arrived at Shimmer Club. I recognized the gay club from my walk downtown. Though this time the building was alive with horny gays and trap music that'll make your ears bleed.

I saw Derek immediately, then my eyes noticed the curly haired blonde standing next to him with his arms crossed and his eyes scanning the streets.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Stiles?"

"The one and only." I gestured my hands out, faking confidence.

"I'm Isaac." The boy introduced with an outstretched hand.

I shook his hand, nearly wincing at the tight grip.

"How long has he been like this?" I asked, rubbing my palm.

"What? Wasted?" His tone showed signs of frustration but also pity.

I looked at Derek slouched against the wall with his head bowed. He was a mess. His hair was flat to his forehead, remainings of whatever he had for dinner decorated down the middle of his shirt.

"You found him like this?" I asked frowning down at Derek.

"The manager of the club threatened to call the cops if he didn't leave. Your boyfriend here, was pretty hostile about it, but I volunteered to take him outside. I saw him texting you. When he nearly upchucked on my shoes I was able to swipe his phone and call you."

"He's not my boyfriend." I blurted.

Why did I sound so defensive? I wasn't ashamed to be Derek's... friend(?). Disappointed maybe? I guess I just didn't expect something like this would happen.

"Well your friend sure has a lot to say about you." Isaac pointed out with a smirk, as he leaned his hip out.

"We sort of just met a couple days ago." I admitted, twiddling my thumbs.

"Shit. You're in deep with this one. He wouldn't stop blabbering on about your tight ass. And how he wanted to comb his fingers through your hair."

Blood rushed up my neck to my cheeks.

He said that about me?

"Well, I better get back to my fiancé. Take care Stiles."

"Thanks. You too."

And with that Isaac retreated back into the club leaving me to deal with my intoxicated boss.

What have I gotten myself into?

________________________

Lol it's been a while! I apologize. I've had a lot going on and school just started for me a few weeks ago.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Even though it was a bit short.

Thank you for reading.

Hope to update soon!