Chapter 9!!!

"Come on Valentine. Open your eyes," Jenna whispered, squeezing his hand.

I sat in the chair beside his bed, with Arron sitting on my lap, as I starred off into space.

"Please," Jenna whispered.

"Is Valley going to be okay?" Arron whispered looking at Valentine with sad eyes," Is he going to stay, or go away like mommy and Lilly and Mikhail?"

"No honey. The doctor said that he will be up soon," Jenna said, her voice breaking a little.

I slowly turned my head to look at Valentine. His shaggy brown hair was messy, he was pale, and he hand bandages everywhere. The doctor had said that he had mostly scratches and a broken leg. He said that it could have been a lot worse.

"It's my fault," I whispered, just barely able to hear.

"No it isn't Sweetie," Jenna replied," Don't blame yourself."

I stood up, and I placed Arron on the chair while I said," If I hadn't jumped to conclusions and ran away from him, then he wouldn't be laying in a hospital bed right now."

"It is not your fault," Jenna said, using her motherly voice on me,"If it wasn't for him, pushing you out of the way, then you have died."

She turned her head to look back at Valentine and his eyes were open a little. She gasped and she started crying. I just stood there, starring at him with big eyes. His eyes moved around the room and then they landed on me.

"Why the sad face Parker?" He croaked.

I smiled a little and I wiped a tear away that was rolling down my cheek.

"Vally!" Arron yelled, jumping down from the chair.

He tried jumping on Valentine, but I grabbed him, before he could.

Valentine tried to sit up but Jenna told him to laid back down.

"If you ever do something like that again, you are going to be grounded for life. Do you understand me? You had father and I worried sick about you."

"He's not coming home from his business trip early is he?" Valentine whispered.

"He was going to. But I told him that it was alright for him to stay," Jenna replied with a little nod," The doctor said that as soon as you wake up, he was going to do a couple of more tests, and then he was going to let you go."

Valentine nodded a little and then he looked at me," I'm sorry Parker... You didn't let me finish, what I was trying to say at the school."

"Arron and I are going to go find the doctor," Jenna said, picking Arron up and walking out of the room.

I looked down at the floor and Valentine said," You didn't get hurt or anything from when I pushed you, did you?"

I shook my head and I wrapped my huge sweatshirt tighter around me. I heard Valentine groaned and I looked up at him with big eyes. He was staring up at the ceiling with a frown.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" He whispered, in a pained voice,"What did I do wrong?"

"You didn't do anything Valentine. I... I just don't know what to say," I replied looking out the window," I mean, what am I suppose to say? Am I suppose to thank you for pushing me out of the way of the car? Am I suppose to say anything about you and Gracie?"

"There is nothing going on between me and Gracie," He said,"We are over for good. And nothing is going to change that. Not even some stupid rumor that she have started."

I turned my head towards him and whispered," Are you really over Gracie?"

"Jesus! Yes!" He yelled, losing his temper," What can I do to prove it to you?"