Chapter 14!!!

"How's your shoulder?" Cassie whispered, sitting beside me at the lunch table.

I picked at my bagel and I whispered," It's fine. Doesn't hurt as much anymore."

"You know you can talk to me Jo," Cassie said with a sigh," You've been so quiet over the past week. It's like your a shell."

I looked at her from the corner of my eye and I whispered," I'm fine Cassie. I just need… I need a little more time to feel like that I don't have to worry about Mark anymore."

"Oh honey," She said pulling me towards her, giving me a hug.

I hugged her back and whispered," Thank you for being a great friend."

She pulled away and she smiled at me as she said," Everything is going to be alright now. You don't have to worry about Mark and you have friends who will help you get through this."

I looked down at my bagel again and whispered," I just feel sorry for Valentine. I've been shutting him out for the past week. I'm sure he hates me now."

"I'm sure he's not mad at you," Cassie said, picking up her chicken finger and taking a little bit from it, before setting it back down," He probably just knows that you need a little time to yourself."

I swallowed and laid my head down on the table. Flinching because the side of my hurt still hurt a little. Cassie patted my back and I heard someone sit down at our table.

"Jo?"

I groaned and slowly sat up, looking at Dawson, who was sitting a cross from me.

"You need to talk to Valentine. He's freaking out," He said," He wants you to talk to him and quit ignoring him. The man is going mental."

"I thought he was mad at me?" I whispered looking over at Valentine and his friend's lunch table.

I slowly pushed away from the table and I hugged my self as I walked over to his table. All of his friends looked up at me as I walked up and I looked down at the floor.

"Can I talk to you Valentine?" I whispered.

He turned around and he looked at me with big eyes. He looked back at his friends and they all stood up at once, and walked away. I sat down next to him and I pulled my long sleeves, pasted my finger tips.

"I… I'm sorry for not talking to you," I whispered, feeling numb.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Parker. If anyone should be sorry. It's should be me. I should have been the one to save you. Do you have any idea what I thought when I heard you scream, and then the line go dead?" He said putting an  arm around my waist," I freaked everyone out, when I started yelling at the phone. Mom let Dawson, Mitch, and I take the car home, after I told her that something was wrong. When we got home, we found the place a mess and we split up looking for you guys. When Dawson found Arron hiding under your bed, I thought the worst. I thought that Mark killed you. But then Arron said, that he saw Mark take you."

I looked at him with wide eyes and he continued," We called mom and dad right away and they called the police. They told us to stay home and not to move until they found a way to get there. The police showed up and they searched the house, but they didn't find anything."

"But how did you fine me? No one has told me that yet," I whispered, looking at the table.

"Your cell phone."

"I had my phone with me?" I said glaring at the table," I had it with me the whole time and I didn't even think of it."

"Well after we got you home the chef said that Mark took your phone and smashed it, that's why mom bought you a new one. The police were able to locate the GPS on your phone and that is how they knew where you were."

I felt tears form in my eyes when memories of what happened, flooded my mind. I shook my head and let out a shaky breath. Valentine gave me a little squeeze and I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. I sniffed and wiped them away with the back of my hands.

"Poor Arron," I sniffed," He had to be so worried. And I haven't been talking to him. I'm a horrible sister."

"Hey now. You are not. Arron knew that you needed to be alone for a while. That's why he is giving you space," Valentine replied, grabbing my chin making me look at him.

I sniffed again and I could fell eyes on my back. I turned my head to see where it was coming form and my eyes landed on Gracie. She was glaring at me and I watched as she stabbed her lettuce. I turned my head back towards the table and shook my head.

"That girl doesn't make things easy," I whispered.

"Who doesn't?"

"Gracie."

"Is she bothering you? Because if she is I can talk to her and tell her to leaver you alone. I'll even have the guys help out. Most of them, don't even like her," Valentine said, dropping his arm from around my waist.

"It's fine Valentine," I said with a sigh," All I have to do is ignore her until she graduates in two weeks."

"Speaking of Graduation. Are you going to get me a gift?" He asked changing the subject.

I cocked an eyebrow and said," Maybe."

He cocked his head to the side and he stuck out his bottom lip, basically giving me the puppy dog look. I quickly looked away, holding both my hands up. He chuckled and grabbed my hands, with one hand and grabbing my chin with the other. He turned my chin so that I was looking at me and he placed his lips to mine.  I heard people "OOOOOOing" and I pulled away blushing really hard.

Valentine smirked and I said," Fine. That was part of your gift."

"So you are going to get me a present," He said with a smile.

I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Hey that's the first time I've seen you smile all week," He said poking my cheek.

I swatted his hand away, saying," Well you better not poke me again, or I won't smile anymore."

He cocked an eyebrow and he started tickling me. I started laughing and I tried to get away. I fell out of the seat and he continued to tickle me.

"Stop! Stop!" I gasped, when my shoulder hit the floor.

Valentine instantly stopped when I grabbed my shoulder.

"Oh my god! Parker! I am so sorry!" Valentine yelled, throwing his hands up.

I groaned as I sat up and I moved the collar of my shirt a little to look at my stitches. Thankfully they didn't come undone. I sighed in relief and I let go of my collar.

"It's alright," I said, looking up at Valentine.

I slowly got to my feet and I brushed my butt off, before I sat down beside him again. Everyone was looking at us and I heard Dawson yell about the teacher were letting us out early, making all of their heads turn towards them.

The principle walked in and said," I was just informed that we have a gas leak. So you are all free to go."

Everyone all started standing up and they began to leave the lunch room. Valentine and I stood up, following everyone else out of the school.

"Jenna told me that the doctor will be taking your cast off by the end of the next week," I said as we walked over to Dawson's car.

"Yeah. I can't wait until I will be able to walk by myself," He replied with a smile.

I smiled back and Dawson said," You guys ready to go home?"

We both nodded and I whispered," I need to hug a little Monster."

Valentine got into the front seat and I got into the back with his crotches. Dawson pulled out of the parking lot and I stared out the window, watching every thing zoom by.

"So? How are you really doing Jo?" Dawson asked as he pulled onto a gravel rode.

"Okay. I guess," I replied, looking at him.

"Jo?"

"I swear I'm okay Dawson. I'm getting tired of everyone asking it I am alright," I said with a  sigh.

"Sorry," He mumbled.

Dawson pulled into the drive way and I saw Arron running around in the yard, playing with the dog. Dawson parked and I quickly got out of the car, running over to Arron, giving him a bear hug. He giggled and I let him go with a smile.

"JoJo happy now?" He asked tugging on my pants.

I nodded and knelt down in front of him saying," Sorry Monster. I promise I'll be happy from now on."

He smiled and he pointed at the dog. I nodded and he took off towards it. I sighed and I slowly stood up. I walked over to Valentine, who was waiting of the porch for me.

"Feel better now?"

I nodded and we walked into the house and I got a huge hug from Grey. Jenna's husband. I gave him a little hug back and I walked into the kitchen to talk my pain pills.

"Dr. Carlson called. She wants you to go in for a check up," Jenna said looking up from papers that were spread out all around her on the table.

I nodded and said," When do you think I'll get my stitches out?"

She sighed and said," It's hard to tell sweetie. The last time they didn't take very long to heal. Hopefully these will take less time."

I nodded swallowing a pill and a drink of water.

I lend against the counter and Valentine said," Are we going to have a graduation party this year?"

"I think that can be arranged," Grey said sitting down beside Jenna," What kind of cake do you want?"

Valentine looked at me and I shrugged saying," It's your party."

He smiled and he nudged me saying," I know that you don't like chocolate cake. So that's out."

"How about a cookie cake?" Dawson asked walking into the kitchen and over to the fridge pulling out a pepsi.

"Those are so yummy. But really bad for you. Full of sugar," I said, instantly getting hyper just thinking about it.

Everyone laughed at me and I looked down at the floor blushing like crazy. Valentine wrapped his arm around my shoulder and he gave me a squeeze.

Suddenly my phone went off playing "Time Bomb" by: All Time Low. I jumped and I looked down at it with a confused look. It was a number that I didn't recognized.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Joanna Parker?" Asked a deep voice.

"Yes? Who is this?"

"Blake Bennings. From the hospital."

I blinked a couple of times trying to remember and said," Oh. How did you get my number?"

"Can't tell my secrets."

"You have no idea how creepy that sounds Blake," I said with a frown looking at Jenna.

When I said Blake her head whipped up and she cocked her head to the side. I put my phone of speaker and Blake laughed.

"Sorry. I just figured that you would have the same sense of humor as your father. But apparently you don't. Well anyways I'm calling to say that I found out something interesting about the car crash that killed your mother and siblings," He said.

I flinched and frowned down at the phone as I said," Are you saying that it wasn't an accident like we all thought it was?"

"Correct. As it turns out the first person that hit you in the accident was hired to do so. Your mother was in fact on her way to a family reunion. A reunion to talk about a will of family member that past away. Some of the estate was going to your mother and a bunch of money was going to go towards your college fund along with your siblings. Someone in your family wasn't to happy about it," He replied.

"I don't think anyone in my family would do that. And I don't remember anyone dieting before the accident. We go to a family reunion every year just to hang out with family. I'm sorry Blake but I find that very hard to believe," I said feeling anger flood through my body," So stop lying and tell me what you really want."

He was silent for a second then he said," What I really want I can't have. Not until your eighteen."

I froze starring down at my phone with wide eyes. Grey took the phone out of my hand and he started yelling at Blake. I tried to figure out what the hell he was talking about, but I couldn't. I wouldn't be turning eighteen for a while.

"Relax Mr. Coleman! It was a joke! I didn't mean it! Does now one understand a good joke now a days!" Blake yelled on the phone," Besides I have a wife and kid!"

"If you ever speak to Joanna again you will have the police on your front steps without any hesitation what so ever," Grey said hanging up the phone.