Chapter 10!!!

Sorry for the late update. But it's up now and I hope you can tell me what you think.

************************************************************************************************************************

"Jo! Jo!" Cassie yelled, making me turn around and watch her run towards me, from down the hall.

"What has you so excited?" I asked crossing my arms with a small smile.

"Dawson asked me to be his girlfriend," Cassie said, jumping up and down, clapping.

I blinked at her a couple of times and said," That's great. You two make a great couple."

She threw her arms around me and she gave me a quick hug before she turned around and took off towards some of her other friends. I smiled a little and I shook my head as I turned back towards my locker. I started to pull my books out again when I heard Valentine chuckle from behind me. I turned with a smile and he was leaning against the lockers with his crouches.

"That friend of yours is more like a pixie then a human," He said with a smirked.

I rolled my eyes and I closed my locker saying,"You leave my little hyperactive friend alone."

I picked up my beg and I swung it over my shoulder before I reached over and picked up his.

"I can carry that," He said with a little frown.

I shook my head and said," Just let me be a good friend."

"You know I think of you more then just a friend Parker."

I looked down with a blush and we started down the hall towards the library. It's been about two weeks since Valentine was released from the hospital, and I've been by his side ever since. Well except for when he was in the bathroom or sleeping. I've been helping him around the house and with other things. I haven't had very much time with Arron. But when I did see him, he was either playing with Jenna or with one of the guys. So I haven't been worried about him.

We walked into the library and Valentine moved over to a table where all of his friends were sitting. I followed closely behind him and as soon as he was sitting I placed his bag on the ground beside him, before I turned to walk over to one of the empty tables. I sat down and pulled out my homework. I got probably half a page of notes done before I closed my notebook and leaned back in my chair, to stare up at the ceiling.

"Parker?"

I turned my head to see Valentine waving his hand, trying to make me go over to him. All of his friends were looking at me with huge smiles. I frowned and I pushed away from the table. I quickly walked over to their table and Valentine grabbed my wrist pulling me down, into the chair beside him.

"Valen…" I started to say, but he quickly covered my mouth with his hand.

He held up his index finger to his lips and he shook his head as I cocked an eyebrow. He dropped his hand and I slowly turned my head so that I was facing all of his friends.

"So Joanna… What do you think of our Coleman friend?" One of them asked.

I looked at him and took in his curly red hair before I said," Which one? There's seven of them?"

They all laughed and curly haired guy asked," I meant this Coleman."

I looked at Valentine and he cocked an eyebrow at me. I looked down and I blushed at the table.

"Look guys. We made her blush," The curly red haired guy said reaching over and poking my cheek.

I slapped his hand away and Valentine said," Guys leave her alone. You were the ones you wanted her to come sit with us, because you wanted to get to know her better. Not to ask her questions and embarrass the shit out of her."

"Nice," I grumbled under my breath.

Valentine put his arm around my shoulders and he gave me a little squeeze before saying,"You know what I mean Parker."

I sighed and relaxed a little. The guys started talking about an up coming basketball game and I told Valentine that I was going to go over to my table to get my stuff. I pushed away from the table and I started over towards my stuff.

"Attention all students! Please report to the gym!" The principle yelled over the intercom.

I looked up at the speaker on the ceiling and I coulee hear everyone standing up. I quickly grabbed my stuff and shoved them into my bag, before I quickly walked over to Valentine. I grabbed his bag and we both walked out of the library.

"I wonder what's going on?" Valentine whispered, trying to get past a couple of giggling freshmen.

I shrugged and we continued towards the gym with everyone else. Valentine and I sat down on the first bleacher and we waited until everyone else was sitting down and quiet.

The principle started talking on the microphone and Valentine grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze. I looked at him with a smile and then I looked back at the principle.

"Alright students. I know this is a short noticed but we have a serious problem on our hands," She said pacing back and forth," You all know about what happened to Mark. So I would like to inform you that he has escaped from police custody, between three and four yesterday after noon. So if any of you see him, or talk to him, please call the police right away."

A couple of police officers walked up to the microphone and they started talking. I tuned them out because I was so shocked about what I heard. I felt Valentine give my hand a squeeze and I quickly turned my head to look at him. He was frowning and I realized how big my eyes were. I could feel eyes on my back and I slowly turned around to see Cassie and Dawson looking down at me, from the top of the bleachers.

"Why weren't you watching him?! Or keeping him in a locked room?!" Dawson yelled making me flinch.

"Sit down son!" One of the officers yelled.

"I want to go home," I whispered looking back at Valentine.

He nodded and he let go on my hand, so that he can pull out his phone and text Jenna to come get me. I just sat completely frozen as everyone started talking at once. The officers left the room and Cassie appeared beside me.

"Jo? Jo it's going to be alright," She said hugging me," Nothing is going to happen to you. I promise."

"How stupid can they get. He pulled a gun on the teo of you. They should have been keeping a netter eye on what he does," Dawson said plopping down beside Valentine.

"My mom is going to be here in about ten minutes," Valentine said grabbing my hand again.

Cassie let me go and she asked," You're leaving?"

I slowly nodded and whispered," I don't feel to good."

Cassie frowned and the principle walked over to us saying," Joanna Parker. The police would like to have you come down to the station with them."

"My mom is coming to get her. She's going home," Valentine said, using his crouches to stand up,"Plus she is a minor. She is not going anywhere without an guardian, or lawyer."

The principle shook her head and she said," Fine. I'll will go tell them. But as soon as you mother shows up. They need to go to the station. The police need to talk about Joanna's protection."

"What are you talking about? She's is completely protected with us," Dawson said.

She rolled her eyes and she turned on her heel, walking away from us.

"You know what they are going to do. Don't you?" I whispered taking a second to look at everyone's face," They are going to take me away."

"I won't let that happen," Valentine said sitting back down beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders," And I highly doubt that my mom will let them take you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I won't let you do that!" Jenna yelled for the second time, since we've been at the police station," She's only seven-teen. She needs to keep up with her school work. I won't let you just take her and hide her away in some place where you can't tell me!"

"Mrs. Coleman, please understand what we are trying to say. Ms. Parker is more likely to be found at your home. And we want her fully protected more then you," The officer said leaning back in his chair.

"Why don't you just put me under house arrest? Or have a cop stationed out side of our house at all times, until Mark is caught," I said, feeling myself getting angry.

The officer said and he pinched the bridge of his nose as he said," You both are not getting this. For your own safety, we would like you to be somewhere, that Mark would never know where to look."

"Which would be back at the house. I mean. Who would be stupid enough to hide in a place that is sure to be in the open," I said," He would just skip over the house and look somewhere else."

The officer leaned forward and said," I've had enough of this. I will have two officers posted on your property Mrs. Coleman. And I would like daily updates. Good night."

He pushed away from the table and he walked out of the little white room. I looked at Jenna and she was glaring after him.

"Promise me that you'll never become an officer," She grumbled looking at me.

I slowly nodded and we both stood up. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders as we walked out of the police station. As soon as I was in the car, I let out a sigh and Jenna started towards home.

"I can't believe they wanted to take you and hide you somewhere, and not even tell me where," Jenna grumbled as she turned onto our dirt rode.

"It's fine now. They have everything settled," I whispered, starring out of the window.

She pulled up in front of the house and she parked the car. I quickly got out and I ran into the house, and straight up into my room. I locked the door behind me and I walked over to my bed, falling face first onto my comforter. I screamed into it once and then I rolled over so that I was looking up at the ceiling. A thousand thoughts were going through my head all at once and it was started to make me have a headache. I rubbed my forehead and I could hear Valentine talking to someone, on the other side of the wall. I slowly stood up and I walked over to the wall to listen to what was going on.

"I don't know what I am going to do Dawson," Valentine said," I can't do anything if I see Mark. I have this stupid cast."

"I don't know what to tell you," I heard Dawson reply," But I do know that the guys and I will never let anything happen to Jo. She's like a little sister to all of us."

I smiled a little and I heard Valentine say," I just wish that I can protect her too."

"You can by keeping her happy," Dawson said," It's late. I have homework. We'll talk more about this later."

I pushed away from the wall and I walked over to my dresser with the mirror. My reflection looked tired. My hair was a mess and I dark circles under my eyes. I sighed while shaking my head as I pulled out a pair of basketball shorts and a black tank top. I quickly changed into them and I walked over to my bed. I crawled into it and I turned off my lamp, trying to fall asleep.

~"You little Bitch!" Mark yelled pulling my hair, making me fall back onto his chest.

"Please let me go!" I cried," I was only using self defense!"

Mark pulled the gun out of his belt loop and he pointed it to my head. Tears felled my eyes and I continued to plead for my life.

"You know. I might have actually liked you if the sercomlstaces were different," Mark whispered, his lips really close to my ear, making me start to tremble," But sadly, I have to do this."

I heard the click of the gun and I screamed.~

I sat up really fast and I placed my hand over my heart, trying to calm myself down. Pounding started on my door and I can hear the guys yelling if I was alright. I grabbed my comforter and I slowly walked over to the door. I unlocked it and opened it. Dawson, Marshall, Luke, Valentine, Mitch, Ryan and Dyven walked into the room, all with big eyes.

"Are you alright?" Valentine asked as I walked back over to my bed,

I laid down and I slowly nodded my head as I whispered," I just had a nightmare. That's all. You don't have to worry. Just go back to bed."

Ryan, Dyven, Mitch, Marshall, and Luke all left my room grumbling while Dawson and Valentine stayed behind.

"I think we both know you Parker," Valentine said, limping over to my bed and sitting down beside me," What was your nightmare about?"

I sighed and whispered," It was about Mark alright."

I rolled over so that I was facing the wall, and not at Valentine.

"You shouldn't be worried," Dawson said," Besides, withe the cops watching our house, I highly doubt he would get anywhere near here, without one of them knowing."

"I know that!" I snapped," It's the fact that I am so terrified that I can't even get a full nights sleep without having a nightmare of Mark killing me."

"Whatever. I am so not in the mood to deal with this. I am going back to bed," Dawson said.

I heard him leave the room and after a while Valentine said," Do you want me to stay in here, while you sleep to see if that will help?"

I sighed and I rolled over so that I was facing him as I said," If you think it'll work."

I moved over a little and Valentine laid down beside me. I knew that I should have been blushing, for having a half naked guy in the same bed as me. But so much has happened, I really don't care anymore.

"Good night Parker," Valentine yawned.

"Goodnight."