Chapter 6

Recap:

Until Matsuda burst into the room.
"GUYS!! AKARI NAKANISHI RELEASED A NEW VIDEO!"

L's P.O.V.

I turned to the obnoxious man.

I wonder what this is about...

Mastuda quickly played the video and it sounded rather familiar...

Wait!!! I know this voice! It's (y/n)! That's why her security was so hard to crack! She's Akari Nkanishi!

I gasped in surprise and almost fell out of my chair, causing the task force to turn to me.

"L? Are you alright?" Mogi asked.

"Tch. I'm fine, I had a thought that Akari Nakanishi could be KIRA, but..."

"But what, Ryuzaki?" Matsuda persisted.

"We have eyes on Akari Nakanishi and she hasn't done anything suspicious..." I droned.

"Wait, we know who she is?! No one does! She's kept herself hidden! THERE. IS. NO. WAY."

At this point, the entire task force was whispering about the pop icon.

I shush ed the group. and played the video of (y/n) singing.

When the clip ended, someone cleared their throat. We all turned around, witnessing the source of the interruption.

It was (y/n).

We've been caught. Damn...

Your P.O.V.

When came upstairs, I heard my music being played, so sneaked and took a peak at what the boys were doing. I had expected them to be checking out the video, but instead they were looking a security tapes. They were so interested in the tapes, they failed to notice me walk up to them.

For police officers, they sure suck at their job.

I cleared my throat. "Care to explain why you find me so captivating? " I tapped my foot impatiently expecting an answer but none came.

"Well?"

This time L answered. "You should know, Miss. Nakanishi."

"I am not Akari Nakanishi, I just work under her."

"And that's why you wrote her newest song?" L taunted.

"She has fallen ill so I took care of it for her." I lied, getting annoyed. Who is this guy, saying he knows my life.

L wasn't convinced and he gave this look that said 'we'll talk later'. i just nodded in response.

"What's it like to work under her?" Matsuda begged.

"It's fun, I play the music for her songs, so if you hear anything, it means a new hit's gonna come out soon." I smiled. Lying came too easily to me, it was a problem.

Our conversation was interrupted by the T.V.

It had a tape made by KIRA. We all rushed to see the matter. L's eyes widened. He was obviously nervous. Everyone else was just plain confused, even Light.

This must be another KIRA, I am 99% sure Light is KIRA and judging by the look of panic on his face, this must not be part of his plan.

'KIRA' requested the audience to change channels, only to watch their news anchors die.

"Watari! Bring in an extra T.V. No- make it two!" L barked. Watari quickly complied. We now had the T.V.'s on all three channels, with the main broadcast in the middle.

None of us could handle watching this shit any longer.

We have to get those tapes.

Ukita couldn't handle it and left before we could do anything. Minutes later, we saw him run to the building yelling for the tapes, and only to be killed roughly 40 seconds later. We were all taken aback. KIRA must have a face AND name to kill but this KIRA just needs a face... I turn towards Light, he had a shocked but evil look in his eye.

He's foul. He didn't even care that Ukita was killed.

Aizawa also starts to leave. "Aizawa, one person lost is enough. Let's understand KIRA's method and then strike." L says, his shoulders shaking. I rush to L's side, comforting him. His face was buried in between his legs and when he finally looked up, he appeared to be crying. I couldn't handle him in this state. I hugged him, rubbing circles into his back, calming his down and wiping away his tears. I pulled up another chair, picked L up, and sat down, placing him in my lap, still hugging him. He broke away and looked at me with a silent 'thank you' and remained in my lap. We continued to watch the T.V., all silent, until a large police truck slammed into the building. We all turned to the T.V. and L got up from my lap to get a closer look.

It was Soichiro. He was recently placed into the hospital because he got a heart attack, but thankfully didn't die. L's phone started to ring and he immediately picked up. It was Soichiro saying how he got the tapes.

"Ide, set up a police baragade infront of the station." L spoke to the detective.

"Mr. Yagami, please wait inside the building for 5 minutes and then come out." L commanded.

"B-but."

"Just do it!"I spoke into the phone, taking it from L.

"Okay." He complied.

After waiting Mr. Soichiro stepped out of the building only to be greeted by a large blockage at the entrance of the building. The police quickly rescued him and returned him to HQ.

We all stared in shock when Soichiro entered with the tapes in hand. "There are four, the two we heard and two if the police responds with a yes or no." He stated.

"We can't thank you enough." I stated, bowing, and I started to play the tapes.

If the police answered 'no' then KIRA would kill of police officers, if yes, then criminal broadcasts must be aired and L or some high ranking government official must reveal themselves to the public as some sort of insurance.

This KIRA is disgusting...

"Let's try to find out their identity and running these down to the analysis station and if we can't find them in time, then let's air tape four." I state blankly, and no one opposes my idea.

We will catch you second KIRA.