Chapter 19

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed that little birthday celebration with L!! Yes that is part of the story so keep in mind, it will affect the plot! Anyways, Happy Reading!!

Your P.O.V. 

I jumped up with a start, trying to find out where the hell I am. A mass of T.V.s behind me reveal my location. The surveilance room. 

But why am I here?

I hear a weird chuckle from behind me and the crunches of someone eating apples. Slowly, I turn around. And I'm meet with Death himself. A man, towering over 8 feet, was perched on one of the many desks found in the room, casually laying there, eating apples. He was dressed as if he belonged in some punk band, his jet black hair spiking up, making his skull seem elongated. His round yellow eyes had red pupils and seemed to be staring into my soul. It didn't take me long to notice the two black feathered wings resting at his sides. 

Three words: What. The. Fuck.

"Hello." He said, his deep voice resonating throughout the room. 

"Who are you? Why am I here? What did you do? Who do you work with? Are you being paid? Can I leave? Have you hurt the others? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" I exclaim, hyperventilating. 

He burst into a fit of laughter, finished the remainder of his apple and turned to look at me. "I am a shinigami, the name's Ryuk. You are here because you are going to whiteness how someone precious to you dies. I was bored so I thought that I could bother you. I work with a form of electricity. And no, since I'm not living, I am not being paid. Unless you count apples. you wouldn't have any would you? You can leave although I advise you don't. The 'Others' are sleeping and having normal dreams, and I've done nothing except doing you a favor. " He answered my questions in a flash, but the problem is, only more replaced them. 

"A shinigami is a death god, right? Why are you bored? Don't you have people to kill? Your powers revolve around electricity? And, no I don't have apples... although... WAIT!! Did you get those from someone in here?" I ask, connecting some dots. If he got those from in here... then he must work with Light! And Light's a form of electricity!! 

He sighed. "SO many questions! Fine, yes a shinigami is a death god. I was bored because there is nothing better for me to do besides drop Death Not- I have said too much... kehehe... I kill with electricity... sure. And I stole these apples from here!" Ryuk exclaimed, loud and proud. "So if you are done, can we get going? You are going to miss the death!" 

"No! I have more questions!! How do you kill? What do you use?  Are there more shinigami's? Are they here too? Do you guys use a scythe? Is there an afterlife? What's it like? Where are you originally from? Do you-" 

"Ugh! More questions?! Instead of me bothering you, you're bothering me!! I'll tell you this: there is more than one shinigami here. But now, since you missed the death, you missed a bunch of vital information... kehehe. Oh well, it's your fault.I need more apples, so goodbye!" Just like that he was gone. And so was the crime scene. I rushed to the door, but I couldn't see anything, I could only hear the weeping of others. Except. Except a small laugh. It was so small, anyone could and did miss it. But it rang loud and clear in my ears. Someone was laughing. And they were KIRA.   

I woke up with a start, jumping and screaming bloody murder. I turn to my side expecting to see L, but he wasn't there, just the imprint of his body on the sheets.
Damn... he is with Light again.

I walk down the dimly lighted halways to Light's room, seeing a shadow under the door.

I slam it open screaming, "TOP OF THE MORING TO YA LADDIES! I'M UKINE AND I'M HERE TO WAKE YOU UP!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" L screamed at the top of his lungs like a little girl, making me giggle. He was still chained to Light, who surprisingly didn't wake up.

"Morning." I say pecking him on the check. L growled and glared at me muttering something under his breath. I roll my eyes.

"So... what's up?"

"What is up? What is up?! I was just awoken by a screaming banshee, that's what's up!"

"I'm a banshee?" I ask as L nodded and rubbing his eyes.

I look around and spot a can of whipped cream splooshing some on his face, only making him more pissed. He wiped it off his face and onto my pj's.

"Oh! L I have something tell you!!" I explain the dream and related what happened. When I finished, he was staring at me as I was crazy, which I might as well be.

It got quiet as he considered the possibility of it being real, finally agreeing with me. "If this is true, then we just got a huge lead." I grinned, hugging him and heading downstairs to make some breakfast.

Today's breakfast: WAFFLES AND FRUIT SALAD!

I begin to make the batter for the waffles as I break out into a song.

-play the video now!-

Do you do, do you remember
When we drove, we drove, drove through the night
And we danced, we danced
To Rancid, and we danced, we danced

And I confessed, confessed to you
Riding shotgun underneath the purple skies
And we danced, we danced
With windows down, and we danced, we danced

You were the song stuck in my head
Every song I’ve ever loved
Played again and again and again
And you can get what you want but it’s never enough
And I’ll spin for you like your favorite records used to

And I can’t, I can’t, I can’t remember
Just how to forget, forget the way
That we danced, we danced
To Danzig, and we danced, we danced

And when you asked, you asked me how I’m doing
Like you know, you know how much better off I am
And when we danced, we danced
With windows down, and we danced, we danced

You were the song stuck in my head
Every song I've ever loved
Played again and again and again
And you can get what you want but it’s never enough
And I’ll spin for you like your favorite records used to

I’ll spin, I’ll spin, I’ll spin, I’ll spin
For you, for you, for you, for you, for you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finish and admire my handiwork: fabulous, just like me! I giggle, and go to my room to dress into actual clothes.
Today is gonna be awesome!!