Chapter 13

A/n: Thank you guys sooooooooooo ooooooooooo much for actually reading this story and for all the feedback. I can't believe it has gotten 1.14k reads!! Thank you sooooooooooo much again!!! ^^

Your P.O.V.

I woke up in L's room.
Wait, how did I get here?
Then, I remembered that L took me with him to his bed. I blushed and looked down at my 'significant other' as L would put it, though he hasn't really asked me to be his girlfriend yet. I sigh, imagining L and I together; we'll solve cases, write songs, and start our own little family. It would be perfect.
As I was staring at him and memorizing his facial features (as well as playing with his fluffy hair ), his eyes flashed open, scaring the living hell out of me.
He bolted up and turned to me. He then open his arms wide and gave me a puppy face.
Aww... so cute!!!!!
I immediately hugged him as if he was a teddy bear Santa got me for Christmas. I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me to his chest and laid back down. I buried my face into his chest as he played with my hair.
"I love you." He breathed.
"I love you too." I said, kissing his nose.
"(Y/n),"
"Yes?"
"Wouldyoucaretobemysignificantother?" L said in one breath.
"Woah, Ryu, calm down. Breath in, then out, now say it again but slower." I purred, trying to calm him down.
L kneeled on the bed and held my hand,"(Y/n), would you care to be my significant other?"
"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed and kissed him, which was cut short because Matsuda burst into the room.
"What happened?!" He exclaimed, while L quickly stood up and regained his composure.
I tried my best to calm down my cheeks, which for once in my life worked."Mastuda, I have successfully managed to get microphones on the clothes!" I squealed, pretending to be happy, even though I have done this many times before. I silently prayed that he bought the lie.
"Oh that's cool, but why are you so happy?"
"Umm... it was my first time?" I said, or more like asked.
"WAIT WITH L!? YOU DID 'IT' WITH L!?" He screamed, louder than me.
L drooled while I flushed bright red," What the fuck?! No! It was my first time putting mics on clothes!"
What a perverted person...
I then looked over at L, who had his mouth agape and a glazed look in his eye.
Wow even my boyfriend is a pervert
I shook my head, closed his mouth and ruffled his hair. He looked at me with widened eyes as he turned a vibrant pink.
Matsuda gushed, saying our ship name (which has sailed, but he didn't know that) and left to get ready for his day in Aoyama. L gave me a light peck on the lips and went to actually bug the clothes. I left his side and went to the surveillance room.
That was a close one...
"Hello mrs. Ukine."
"AAAHHHHHH!!! GO AWAY!! I DON'T KNOW KARATE BUT I CAN BITCH SLAP ANYONE I WANT!!!!!!" I screamed until I turned around, revealing Watari.
Oops... I forgot he was here...
"OMG OMG I'M SOOOOO SORRY!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME YOUR OVERLORDNESS!" I gasped and bowed down to the founder of Wammy's.
He chuckled and rubbed my head," It's fine mrs. Ukine, now what are you doing here? You seemed to be having fun with L."
I blushed, remembering Mastuda." I was going to grab breakfast."
"In your pajamas?"
I looked down, and sure enough, I was standing in my (f/c) pajama bottoms and my (f/c) tank top(that had an adorable apple print on it). I squeeked and ran upstairs to go change. As I entered my room, I remember how I was getting ready here, just yesterday, to see my now deceased best friend. I sat on the floor, and curled up into a ball as hot tears streamed down my face, blurring my vision. Tears kept falling until I had none left. Still then I sat sniffling and wailing as I recalled our memories. I stood up, which caused black spots to appear as I trudged over to my cabinet. My fingers traced the rim of the frame that held a picture of us when we first opened our café.
Wait! The café!! It might have some clues for her murder!
I ran out the door, but quickly remembered my clothes, so I frantically search the cabinet for clothes. I pulled out black skinny jeans as well as a plain long sleeve shirt and I put my (h/c) into a messy bun. I rush back downstairs, and bolt into the kitchen, eager to make some kind of breakfast for everyone (Because I'm nice like that). Today's breakfast will be key-lime filled vanilla cupcakes with (f/c), buttercream frosting and a fruit salad. I make the batter and set it in to bake for about 12 minutes. I then set to making the filling. Once the cream itself was ready, all I had to do was squeeze some lime juice onto it for that key-lime flavor. I pull out a key-lime from the refrigerator and a kitchen knife. I stare at the knife.
Why am I making key-lime cupcakes again? Oh right, they were her favorite.
Tears stream down my face as I trace the knife with my fingers, I accidentally cut my finger and I watch the scarlet liquid flow out. The sensation eases the pain. I roll up my sleeve to reveal my (s/c) flesh, lifting the knife up I allow it to make its decent down towards its target. But before it hits anything, two pale long fingers stop it from doing so.
"(Y/n), the way your knife is pointing isn't towards the lime, shall we fix that?"
I turn, as I see my savior, with his silky black hair, his unusual posture, and his eyes that caught my attention the first time we meet. He lifts his hand up as I back away from fear. "Shh... I'm not going to hurt you, I would never."
His hand brushes away the tears on my face as more pour out. My knees buckle and I crumble to the floor. L sits down with me and pulls me into his lap. He strokes my hair as he sings me a song:
Play the video now!

Die Stühle liegen sehr eng
Wir reden die ganze Nacht lang
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht
Wir können uns gut verstehen
So ist es immer, unser Licht ist nur das
Trinken und singen wir, begrüßen morgen
So ist es immer, unterm riesigen Himmel
Leben wir zusammen, die Nacht ist lang
Da die Sterne nicht leuchten
Kann der Mond auf diese Stadt nicht scheinen
Schauten wir das Licht selbst an
Singen wir unter dem Sternenmeer

Chairs so close and room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meagre this space but serves us so well
We comrades have stories to tell
And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night
Just as no stars can be seen
We are stars and we'll beam on our town
We must all gather as one
Sing with hope and the fear will be gone

Die Stühle liegen sehr eng
You and I talk all the night long
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht
We comrades have stories to tell
So ist es immer, denn immer im Ertrag
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
So ist es immer, we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night
Da die Sterne nicht leuchten
We are stars and we'll beam on our town
Schauten wir das Licht selbst an

Sing with hope and the fear will be gone
The chairs lie so close,
We talk all night long,
This lower room isn't bad
We understand each other well,
Just like it always is, this is just our light,
We drink and sing, we welcome tomorrow
Just like it always is, under the enormous sky,
We live together, the night is long,
The stars don't shine,
You can't see the moon in this city,
We looked at the light itself,
Singing under the stary sea

Chairs so close and room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meagre this space but serves us so well
We comrades have stories to tell
And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night
Just as no stars can be seen
We are stars and we'll beam on our town
We must all gather as one
Sing with hope and the fear will be gone

The chairs lie so close,
You and I talk all the night long,
This lower room isn't bad *
We comrades have stories to tell,
Just like it always is, always profiting
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done,
Just like it always is, we live under the burnt clouds,
Ease our burden, long is the night,
The stars don't shine,
We are stars and we'll beam on our town,
We looked at the light itself,
Sing with hope and the fear will be gone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I had stopped crying, I turned to L," Where did you learn that song?"
He brought his thumb up to his lip," I believe I heard that from my mom, although I was rather young so I'm surprised that I still know it."
"It sounded beautiful, thanks." I said pulling away his thumb from his mouth and brought it to my lips as I lightly kissed it.
"Anytime, love." He said as he stood up and helped me up too.
I blushed from his comment and proceeded to the kitchen. I resumed what I was doing which was cutting the lime when two strong arms wrapped around my waist.
"I'll do the cutting okay?"
I nodded and went to make the frosting.
"(N/n),"
I tilted my head, unfamiliar with what L was addressing me as, "What's that Ryu?"
"Hmm? It's your nickname, you gave me one, so I find it only fair that you have one too."
"Okay" I blushed.
"So (n/n), why did you want to mark your perfect skin?"
"I-I accidentally pricked myself with the knife and it seemed to have soothed my depression, and I've heard that other people cut when they're sad so I thought it might be a good way to cope." I explain, realizing how stupid I sounded when I said it out loud.
He took my hand and looked me square in the eyes, I averted his gaze," um... Ryu, the cupcakes are ready."
He broke his stare,"I'll get them." He opened the oven and took out the cupcakes while a pink cooking glove was on his hand.
I giggled and then remembered something,"Oh my god, Ryu I forgot to tell you, but there could be clues in the café! We have to search it!"
"I already did."
"What? When?"
"(Y/n), I'm not being honest with you, your friend Cat Milk was actually placed to keep an eye on you." L explained.
"Wait, why? By who?"
L held my hand and squeezed it. "She was sent from Wammy's house to keep an eye on you, how else did you think we knew all your information? But since she was killed, it most likely means, that you have been targeted."