Chapter 10

The next morning~

Your P.O.V.

I stretched, my body aching from last night. My hair a mess, I made my way to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee.
I put the needed ingredients in the pot and let it brew, while I recalled the fun I had last night.

-flashback-

L and I had been working for hours after the task force went to sleep, talking about KIRA and the tapes, but after a while, L decided that we should take a break and have some fun.

"Beep!" My coffee was ready. I poured it into a cup, added lots of creamer and sugar, and started up another cup for the now asleep insomniac.

I stared at him longingly and he stuck his finger in and out licking it off his fingers. He seemed satisfied but I wanted more. Though I knew I shouldn't I pouted.

"L~," I cooed,"I want more."
"But mrs. (Y/n) I'm done."
"What?! We just bought that package of Nutella yesterday!" I pouted.
"Do you not recall? You finished yours too, and that's why you wanted some of mine." He gathered the remaining Nutella of the rim of the jar and put it on the tip of my nose. "You have something on your face."
I huffed,"Thank you captain obvious."
"Oh don't be like that. Here I'll get it." L leaned in and kissed the tip of my nose removing all the Nutella. "So sweet~."
-End of flashback-
As I poured the sugar and cream, I looked at the detective. Unlike me, he fell asleep in his office chair, while I had taken refuge in the couch. Big mistake.
I placed the hot liquid in front of him and played with his soft black hair.
"What do you find so interesting with my hair, Mrs. Nakanishi." L spoke, causing me to jump 20 feet in the air.
"L, please, call me (y/n) when we're alone." I said, returning to his hair. It was too fluffy to resist!
"You still haven't answered my question" L whined, sipping his coffee.
"Fine. It's because it's so fluffy and soft!" I exclaimed, now braiding it.
L hummed, "I have seen coupes interacting in this manner. By doing this, are you suggesting that we become a couple?"
"No, I think best friends is fine for now." I squeeked, sitting down immediately, no longer playing with his hair.
"This coffee is very good."
"Thanks, oh wait! I need to fix my hair! Please excuse me." I got up and ran to the elavator, going to the basement.
I reached my room and pulled out a pair of blue jean short shorts and a white, loose long sleeved shirt. I removed my jewelry and hopped into the shower. I stepped onto the cold tile and wrapped my towel around me. I put on my undergarments, clothes, and jewelry. I quickly did a side braid with my wet (h/c) hair and admired my self in the mirror.
God, I look like L!
I had formed large eye bags, and I was not wearing any socks. Not to mention the fact that I had developed a slight slouch.
I shock off the fact, stood up straighter, and made my way back to L.
I sat down next to him and we continued to talk about second KIRA, when Matsuda burst into the room.
"Guys!" Matsuda screamed," Something came in for Sakura T.V. today!"
L and I both spun around in our seats, facing Matsuda as I beckoned for him to continue.

But he didn't. Matsuda just stood there and gestured to us." I didn't know you two were a couple!"
"WHHHAAAAAT?!" I screamed.
"Yes, I agree with Ukine, what?" L cocked his head to the side.
"Aww... so cute." I whispered, looking at L,"Ahem, I mean, Matsuda, we are not a couple."
"Really? Then why are you wearing one of his shirts, Ukine?" Matsuda pressed and wiggled his eyebrows.
"Matsuda! These are my clothes!" I blushed.
"Y-yeah, I haven't lent Ukine any of my clothing." L stuttered a light pink gracing his pale cheeks.
"Okay~ whatever you say~" he teased,"now to make a ship name! Ryukine? Ukizaki? Yeah, that's it! Ukizaki! Aww you two are so cute together!"
L and I just rolled our eyes at Matsuda and his craziness.
"See you two just rolled your eyes in unison!!!! I ship you two so hard! Ukizaki! Ukizaki!" He chanted.
L cleared his troat." Matsuda, what did you have to tell us?"
"Huh? Oh right! We picked up some sort of diary from the second KIRA!" He exclaimed, holding out a package.
L shooed him away telling him to run it down at the lab,"Oh yeah, I should let the couple have their private time. To be honest, I'm jealous of you Ryuzaki."Matsuda blurted out and left with the package.
"So..." L said after some time.
"Yeah?"
"We have free time, if you want to record a song." L suggested.
"Okay." I got up, but L had other plans. He pulled on my sleeve, making me fall in his lap.
"(Y/n)~" L purred. "Can I come with you?" He placed his chin on my shoulder and his arms around my waist.
"S-sure," I stuttered, my face tomato red. "If you let go."
Now it was L's turn to blush as he detached himself from me.
We went to my studio as I set it up. This time, the song would be edited after the singing, so no synthetic voices were required. The only problem was that it was in English.
"Ryu, this song's in English, are you okay with that?" I asked.
"Yes I can speak English fluently, and why the sudden change with calling me 'Ryu'?" L asked interested.
"Uh, 'Ryuzaki' is a pretty long alias so I thought I could shorten it. That's fine right?"
L just hummed.
I started the background music
~ start the video now!~