Chapter 20

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry this is so late.... Life's been kinda harsh lately but I'm so happy that we have reached 13k!! Thanks for being awesome! Here's the new chapter!

Your P.O.V.

I changed into black skinny jeans and a faded pink sweatshirt and quickly rush back to the kitchen. When I got there, L was giving out directions for today. 

"Miss Ukine will go out shopping with Misa by her request." L calmly said, wrapping the plan for today. 

What the fuck. 

I don't eat breakfast. The waffles suddenly seem unappetizing. 

At promptly 11 am I am dragged with Misa to the nearby mall. 

The conversations we had while walking around were mundane. And centered around Light. 

If I wasn't so set in my ways and dating L, I would have been brainwashed into loving Light too. Thank god for L. 

While devising the perfect way to make the murder of Misa look like an accident (which is impossible in this situation), she slipped away from me and pressed her make up covered face against the window of a store. Her upturned nose made her look like a pig. Maybe she just always looks like a pig. Society has a really odd taste for pop idols. 

She was looking at dresses and squealing (once again like a pig) about some dumb christmas party. Apparently I need to go dress shopping because L and I are invited. Great. Can't wait. 

I walk around the store, but I can't find anything that screams (y/n). Or is my size. Misa's arms are full with short, frilly, black, sleeveless dresses as she charges into the dressing room using them as a battering ram. 

I head over to the rompers. I find a (f/c) romper with a button down top, A beautiful belt, and shorts. It accents my waist and elongates my legs. Sounds good. 

Misa "forgot" her purse so I had to pay for our clothes. The cashier didn't notice who Misa was, which got her mad. It's fun to watch her scrunch up her nose like a pig.  They asked about my eye. I said I lost it when I beat up a bunch of gangsters like a Hollywood superstar. They laughed. 

I dumped the change into the tip jar and walked out. Misa said she needed to find shoes to go with her dress, so we walked towards Michael Kors. I think I'm going to wear sneakers. We spend two hours looking for shoes that fit her hooves. I mean feet. She finally picked out a pair of black, five inch heels that lace around her leg to her upper thigh. I paid again. The cashier was snotty and didn't talk at all. I used the change on gum. 

As we walked to the salon,  panic hit a music set up in the mall's plaza.  I gave Misa my credit card and left to go check out the commotion. Their lead singer and guitarist was going to be late and would have to skip out on their first song. I honorably volunteered to help them out, and got a fifty fifty response. When I told them I worked for Akari Nakanishi, That became a complete yes. I giggled as I took their spare guitar, they gathered in a group huddle to discuss very secretive band like stuff. Not that I cared. When they split up, they said I would play one of  my biggest hits, Telepathic because they don't expect me to know their music in a minute. Sure, it's not like I made the song. 

We all clamored on stage and began to get into tune. A small crowd had gathered.  I took a deep breathe as my body filled with adrenaline. This is what I live for.

-Play the video now!- 

And if I had my way
I would run to the rescue
It never works that way
When you call a bluff
Oh, all the fools rush in
It's a battle to surround you
And all the fools want in
But I'm not giving up
I don't wanna let you go
But I can't stand to watch this
I don't wanna let you know
But you can read my mind
I feel it all the time
Felt it all around you
You had me under spell right from the start
I don't have a telepathic heart
Telepathic
Blind, I fall into the line
That's waiting just to get you
But I don't ever know just what we are
I don't have a telepathic heart
Telepathic
Look inside my brain
You'd know what I want before I tell you
Give me the words to say to make it enough
Don't want your star-crossed fate
You are the sun, I am the full moon
Don't leave me lost in vain
I can be what you want
I don't wanna let you go
But I can't stand to watch this
I don't wanna let you know
But you can read my mind
I feel it all the time
Felt it all around you
You had me under spell right from the start
I don't have a telepathic heart
Telepathic
Blind, I fall into the line
That's waiting just to get you
But I don't ever know just what we are
I don't have a telepathic heart
Telepathic
Telepathic
Telepathic
And you always turn away
Back to the start where I break through
You can run, you can run away
I will wait in the dark for you
Should've never felt this way
Cause you're the sun and I'm just a moon
I'm in the dark 'till you light the way
Cause I'm see through
You can read my mind
I feel it all the time
Felt it all around you
You had me under spell right from the start
I don't have a telepathic heart
Telepathic
Blind, I fall into the line
That's waiting just to get you
But I don't ever know just what we are
I don't have a telepathic heart
Telepathic
Telepathic
Telepathic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I had finished, I large audience was swaying to the beat and cheering for me. I bowed and went off stage, their actual lead had arrived. I handed him the guitar and walked away. The band began to play their own music and a lot of the crowd stayed. It's great to see small bands become popular in an instant. I'm happy I helped. Misa rushed to my side, drowning in bags. Now I'm sad I left. 

Second Author's Note: This chapter includes a song from a great band, Starset, that recently released a new album called Vessels. If you have a song that you believe fits in with the story, please comment it! Feedback is always appreciated!

Question of the day: If you could pursue one crazy dream for a day, what would it be?

Comment below!