-c h a p t e r f o u r-

age: fourteen

TW: panic attack

I've never been the one to go to parties. Maybe it's because of my anxiety or just the fact that I hate being around people. But something about Makayla's begging made me want to go.

"Guys we should play spin the bottle!" someone screamed to the people gathered in the living room. Everyone agreed and created a circle in the middle of the room, me sitting on the couch.

"Olivia, you gonna join?" Lyla asked me. Lyla has always been the one "popular" girl in the school. I had no idea why she wanted to be my friend so bad.

"Uh no... You guys go ahead." I nervously said.

"Oh come on Olivia it'll be fun! And besides, I've seen you looking at me in science class. Maybe you'll get a bit lucky..." A random guy said with a smirk. I don't even know this guy's name. I wasn't staring at you, I was staring at the girl who sits right next to you.

"Come on Olivia please join. For me?" Makayla asked. I can never say no to her. I found myself sitting on the floor by Makayla. I've never kissed anyone before... How am I gonna do it now?

The first person spun the bottle in the middle and kissed the guy it landed on, everyone screaming afterward.

It kept going in a circle and I couldn't stand the sound of people kissing anymore.

It got to me and I hesitantly spun the bottle. My heart raced as it went in a circle. Dad wont be happy with me for this.

It ended up landing on Lyla, who smiled at me.

"Re-spin you can't kiss a girl!" I heard come from somewhere in the circle.

"That's disgusting don't do it!" I heard come from someone else.

"Girls don't kiss girls!"

"Re-spin already!"

"Lyla is straight anyway she wont kiss a fag!"

I lost it and ran to the bathroom, locking the door and sitting on the ground with me knees to my chest.

I couldn't breathe, tears uncontrollably came running from my eyes, I didn't even notice the banging on the door from outside.

Somehow they got the door unlocked and I looked up to see Lyla standing there. She quickly rushed to my side and began wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Breathe in and out you'll be okay. Don't listen to them they're all cunts. It's okay to like girls okay?" She pulled me into her chest.

"I d-don't like g-girls..." I choked out through my tears, trying to get out of her grip.

"Olivia calm down you're gonna be okay I promise. I'm here you'll be oka-"

"Let go of me I want Makayla!" I screamed, tears streaming quicker down my face.

"Olivia ssh sssh I'm here you're okay. you're oka-"

"Makayla! Please I wanna go home!" I got out of Lyla's grip and ran into the living room to see Makayla being held down and a guy on top of her trying to kiss her.

"Get off of me please! Where's Olivia?!" She screamed, trying to push him off.

I did the only thing I could think to do and punched the guy in the face, him falling to the floor. Not gonna lie, it really hurt my hand. I held my hand tightly and helped Makayla up the best I could.

"You're all sick." Makayla said before flipping them off and running out of the house, dragging me behind her. As soon as we got out there she pulled me into her chest.

"Are you okay, Olivia?" She asked softly and I nodded, already beginning to calm down. "You know, it was really brave of you to punch that guy for me." She said with a slight smile and I looked up at her, smiling slightly through my dried up tears.

"I'll take you home alright?" She said and I nodded, her letting go of me and beginning to walk in the direction of my house, me right beside her.