-c h a p t e r e i g h t-

just so you know, dan is dad and phil is papa

-

"Olivia I hope you don't mind we invited Makayla's family over for dinner again." Dad said. I simply just nodded. He tells me this all the time even though I know they come over for dinner every Monday night. It's been like this for a while. I don't mind it. Makayla and I usually go on the roof after dinner and watch the sunset. That's why we always eat fast. We don't wanna miss it.

The doorbell rang and I ran to go answer it.

"Why hello there my lady, care to join us for dinner?" I say to Makayla in a fake posh voice. She giggles and responds in the same voice.

"It would be an honor." I held out my elbow and she linked hers with mine. The fun coming to an end after she shut the door and ran upstairs, dragging me with her, her parents going into the living room as always.

We got to my room and she shut the door quickly and turned to me.

"Okay I know this is huge but just hear me out okay? Okay. So I really really wanna come out to my parents tonight at dinner but I don't wanna be the center of attention so we're both gonna come out okay? Okay thanks bye." And with that she ran back downstairs, leaving me speechless and unable to move.

I finally made it downstairs to see everybody getting ready to eat. I sat down at the table right next to Makayla and that's when it all hit me...

I'm coming out to my parents tonight...

I can't leave Makayla to do it alone. I know she'd do the same for me. I have to do this.

We all began eating, nobody talking at all. The silence was starting to get a bit annoying.

I softly elbowed Makayla and made a gesture to her meaning hurry up. She nodded and took a deep breath before standing.

"Everyone, I have something to tell you." She began and all eyes were on her. "This is mainly for my parents... mom, dad... I'm bisexual." She said with the biggest smile on her face. I smiled with her and everyone began congratulating her, her parents coming around to hug her. Now it's my turn I guess...

I stood up once everyone was seated again and began. "Dad, Papa... I have something to say too." I smiled down at Makayla who smiled back. "I'm... I'm uh.... I'm gay..." I said and I felt a moment of relief. Nothing else has made me feel so good and content than saying those words. I didn't get the response I thought I would though...

"Oh Olivia we know." Papa said and I looked at him confused, ignoring the hysterical laughter coming from Makayla.

"How do you know?" I asked and they both laughed.

"Come on! When you two were little you wouldn't shut up about how pretty Makayla was! And you had a mini freak out when she kissed you on the cheek! Also you would always refuse to play with girls toys. You've never worn a dress. We were just waiting for the day you finally told us." Dad said. I blanked after the things he said about Makayla. I looked down at Makayla who was looking up at me, a worried type look on her face. I carefully sat down, avoiding all eye contact from everyone.

"Uh... me and Olivia are done eating." Makayla rushed out and grabbed both our plates, throwing them in the sink before being dragged up the stairs.

She closed the door to my room behind her and climbed out the window and onto the roof, me following. Once we got up there, we sat down and stayed silent. The silence seemed to last forever.

"It's cute that you had a little crush on me when we were kids." Makayla said and nudged me a bit.

"Ha yeah, had." I mumbled and immediately regretted it. I just hope she didn't hear anything...

"Olivia.. what do you mean by that...?" Dammit.

"Nothing it's nothing..." I rushed out.

She tilted my head to look at her and the look on her face was not one I wanted to see.

"It didn't sound like nothing..." She said. I stayed silent. "Olivia, do you like me?" She asked. She sounded worried.

"I-I-I..." I shook my head quickly.

"Hm that's a bummer." She said and looked away.

"What?" I replied.

"I kinda maybe have a crush on you..." She said. I completely melted at her words.

I didn't know what to do... What would Makayla do in this situation? She always does the best thing. I quickly turned her head towards me and slammed my lips against hers in a bruising kiss. I'm never this confident, but it seemed like it worked. Makayla was shocked at first but eventually kissed back, her hands on my waist. I melted into her touch and all the cares or worries I had melted with it. All that's on my mind right now in this moment, is Makayla.