-c h a p t e r f i v e-

age: sixteen

A/N: Which do you ship more: Lyla and Olivia (Lylivia) or Makayla and Olivia (Malivia)?

"Olivia!" Lyla yelled as she ran towards my locker.

"Hey Lyla!" I said.

"Did you get the math homework done?" She asked as we began to walk to math class.

"No. It's so hard I don't understand any of it." I said and groaned softly. I've never really been good at math.

"I can tutor you after school? We can drive to my house after school with no problem! What do you say?"

I have a problem that I believe may be a medical condition. I cannot say no to anyone. Anything I'm invited to I cannot find anyway to say no. No matter how much I wanted to say no to her, I said "Sure, sounds fun." With a fake smile as we walked into math class and split ways to our seats across the room.

I don't normally like to listen in this class which is good because I sit in the back. So I'm just on my phone the whole time.

To: Makayla
help Lyla wants me to go to her house after school. i can never say no so i said yes. get me out of it?

From: Makayla
i know what to do. just walk to lunch with her after this period and i'll handle it from there. you just need to play along k?

I agreed and thanked her 10,000 times for this. She knows of my terrible anxiety and my inability to go to people's houses unless I'm comfortable with them. Which means I only ever go to Makayla's house. I know it's not going to fix the problem but right now I'm more focusing on avoiding the problem rather than fixing it. I'll worry about it later in life when I can't avoid it.

-

That class ended (finally) and I caught up to Lyla on my way out of class.

"Lyla why don't you sit with me at lunch today?" I asked, hoping I'm not sounding suspicious.

"Really? Uh.. Sure if you really want me to." She replied with a smile.

We got our lunch and she followed me to my usual spot in the back corner table where Makayla was already sitting.

"Hey Makayla I hope you don't mind Lyla sitting with us today!" I said with fake enthusiasm.

"Of course not! Hey Lyla how are you? I haven't talked to you much this school year." Makayla began to make conversation. She has always been a huge theater geek, so it was really believable.

"I've been good actually! And you?" Lyla said as she sat down next to me, a little closer than I'd like her to.

"Good! Hey Olivia come over here I wanna show you something I found on twitter today." Makayla exclaimed as she smiled at her phone. I scooted over to her side and it was opened up to her notes. It said "I could see you were uncomfortable with her sitting close to you." This is why she's my best friend.

"Hey, Olivia your mom texted me saying that your phone was dead and she wanted me to pass the message that your family is coming over to my house tonight for some game night shit, I don't know." Makayla told me, and I saw right through her lie, but Lyla didn't.

"B-but me and Olivia had studying plans after school..." Lyla said, looking a little hurt.

"Aw I'm sorry. I don't make the rules." Makayla said with a fake pout then stood up and grabbed her stuff, tapping on my shoulder and signaling me to go with her.

"Sorry Lyla but I got to go. We'll see about studying tomorrow okay? Bye!" I said and quickly stood up, catching up with Makayla and thanking her once again.

-

i found some pics of what i picture the characters looking like on google:

Olivia-

Makayla-

Makayla-

Lyla-

i do not own any of these pictures whoever these people are just perfectly resembled my characters

except for olivia she doesnt look exactly like that its just the closest one i could find to her

i would draw them but i lack a thing called talent

k thats it love ya bye <3