Prologue

Layla:

Layla rushed around the house, trying to finish all the chores before her husband got home and beat her for not doing the chores. She cleaned the dishes, did his laundry, cleaned the house and made the beds. She ran downstairs and to the door to open it like she needed to everyday but was to late. Her husband, Jackson, walked into the house and glared at her. She already knew a slap was coming and she was going to miss diner tonight. She bowed her head and walked to him slowly as he snarled and slapped her across the face hard. She held in a scream and hit the ground hard. She sat up slowly but he stepped on her face and pushed her down again.

"You were supposed to open the fucking door! What's the matter with you?! Spend to much time healing your wounds?! You're pathetic!" He spat down at her then pulled her up by her hair. She held in a cry of pain as he pulled on her hair so she was standing. She looked to him with fear in her eyes. She closed her eyes and prepared for what was to come like normal. She heard the wind moving fast in her ear then she felt the impact of the concrete of the porch. She held in another cry of pain and she opened her eyes slowly. As normal her head was bleeding from it hitting the cement. She got up slowly and cleaned the mess before he yelled at her for making a mess. She got up and held the bleeding spot on her head. The bleeding stopped as it healed very slowly. She walked into the house, bowed her head to him then walked into the kitchen. She had set the table for him and the food was on the table as well. He walked into the kitchen after her and he gripped her ass. She tried not to tense and she acted like it was normal. He smirked down at her and groped her ass. She faked a moan to make him happy and it seemed to have worked. She tensed at what he said though.

"After diner I'm going to tear your ass apart" he spoke with a deep voice. She was scared. Every night he would rape her but he never touched her ass. He sat down on the table and started to eat the food she made. She tried to sit beside him but he glared at her and snarled. She immediately stopped and stood behind him, watching him eat. She hadn't eaten in 2 days and she was starving. She didn't ask for any food though, knowing she'd be yelled at or hit. She looked around then went upstairs slowly. She walked into his room and looked at the bed. Her eyes widened. She hadn't made his bed! She ran to the bed and started to try to make it quickly but it was to late. She screamed as she was pushed down and kicked in the stomach. She cried softly and looked up at the black haired, brown eyed male. He glared down at her with his cold eyes.

"You didn't make my fucking bed?! What the fuck were you doing huh?!" He yelled down at her then stepped on her. She yelped and closed her eyes tightly. The truth is that she had called one of her friends and they had taken her to a secret doctor to heal all of her broken bones. Now she had new ones. She had told her friend it was pointless to get herself healed but her friend was persistent. She cried out in pain as he grabbed her head and started to slam it against the wall. She cried hard and sobbed. She slid to the ground in a pool of her own blood. She looked up at her husband slowly and bowed her head.

"I'll make your bed...and clean the mess...I'm sorry..." she spoke in her natural soft voice. She barely talked unless ordered to. She watched Jackson leave as she got up slowly. Her head was bleeding a lot as she turned to the bed and finished making it. She looked to the pool of her blood and to the trail of blood her head was making. She walked to the bathroom and pressed a old torn towel against her wound. It was already covered in her blood. She used this towel every time she was bleeding badly and had to somehow stop the bleeding. She closed her eyes and panted a little. She then walked back into his room and mopped up the blood. She was feeling light headed and she was starving. She was about to pass out but knew if she did he would rape her. She finished cleaning just as her little 4 year old ran in the room with a giggle. Layla smiled down at her child. The bleeding had stopped and since there was no more blood around her daughter wouldn't freak out. Her daughter pulled on her leg, raising her arms and asking to be picked up. Layla was very unhealthily skinny. She was basically just skin and bones but she would still use whatever strength she had to fulfil her daughters request. She picked up the 4 year old girl into her arms with a struggle. She slowly walked downstairs and sat on the couch with her daughter in her lap. She noticed she was sitting on the couch and her eyes widened. She wasn't allowed on the couch. It was Jackson's rule. She was about to get off but Jackson came up from the basement and looked to Layla and their daughter. He smiled and walked to them, kissing both of their cheeks gently.