Chapter 2

When morning arrived Layla was still asleep on the basement floor. The sun seeped into the basement through the small window and flashed into her eyes. She groaned softly and opened her eyes slowly. She sat up and looked around with a small sigh. She got up fully, stumbling slightly and holding onto the wall to keep her balance. She looked to the stairs and up to the door at the top. She slowly walked over to the stairs and grabbed onto the railing. She started to walk up the wood stairs and she grabbed the handle of the door. She pushed open the door, surprised that it was unlocked. She walked into the kitchen and looked around. She saw the time on the stove and sighed, 6:10 am. Her husband wouldn't be up for another hour or so. She walked around the kitchen and started cleaning it. She knew that if Jackson woke up to a dirty kitchen he'd beat her then rape her while she wore a maid costume to 'teach her' that she's nothing but a maid. She sighed as she looked to the time as she finished, 6:45. She started too cook breakfast for her daughter and Jackson. She finished the pancakes and eggs then put it out on the table with a frown. She stared down at the food and started to think about her marriage but she instantly stopped when she felt hands on her hips. She jumped and whipped around to come face to face with Jackson. She whimpered in fear and bit her lip as she looked away. Jackson glared down at her then looked around for Amelia. When he didn't see or hear her, he slapped Layla across the cheek. She cried out in pain and held onto her cheek with a whimper. She closed her eyes tightly to keep herself from crying and she took deep breaths. Jackson growled at her and pulled on her hair, making her look up at him. She panted as she opened her eyes and instantly turned away when she saw his menacing eyes. He was about to yell at her but a small voice spoke in the doorway.

"Daddy? What are you doing to mommy?" Amelia's soft voice came as she stood there hugging her stuffed wolf in her arms tightly. Jackson instantly let go of Layla and walked to Amelia, picking her up softly. Layla watched them and smiled gently. She knew she had to be corrected for doubting her marriage. She sighed and took a deep breath as she sat down at the table. Jackson followed and sat Amelia down. He sat at the peak of the table like he always did and he began to eat. Layla gave some eggs to Amelia but she didn't touch the food. She wanted to know what her father was doing to her mother. Jackson looked to Amelia and frowned when he noticed she hadn't touched the food.

"Eat your food Amelia. If you don't I'll ground you and you won't go to your friends today" Jackson ordered her and she snapped. She slammed her fork on her plate and glared at Jackson with a small growl. Layla jumped and instantly bowed her head down. She heard Jackson's angry growl and got up, running to Amelia. She stayed beside Amelia in case Jackson was ever to lose it on her. She'd rather be beaten then Amelia. Jackson glared at Amelia as she spoke harshly.

"You never answered me! What were you doing with mommy?! Why did you pull her hair?! Why did you hit her?! I heard it from upstairs! You hurt mommy! She was crying daddy! Why would you do that?!" Amelia broke out in a fit of crying and rage as she yelled at Jackson. Jackson snarled and Layla grabbed Amelia's arm. Amelia looked up to her mother who gave her a reassuring smile, trying to calm her down. Jackson glared at Layla and Amelia as he stood up.

"That is non of your business Amelia. Actually...I found your mother last night with another man. I got mad and couldn't control my anger so I hit her and pulled her hair. When she apologizes then I'll forgive her" Jackson smirked as he spoke. He didn't want to be the bad guy so he blamed Layla instead. Amelia looked up to her mother with a whimper. Layla took a deep breath and tears ran down her cheeks. She nodded to Jackson and apologized as told. Jackson nodded and began to eat again. Amelia just stared at her mother as she sat back in her seat. Layla look to Jackson for permission to eat and he nodded while holding up 1 finger. Layla smiled a little and grabbed an egg, scarfing it down. Amelia still didn't eat and she looked to her mother.