Chapter 7

The shuffle of the bar chair next to him brought Cloud from his trance and he glanced up. He frowned slightly when he saw it was Damian.

He didn't know who he was waiting for, so seeing Damian shouldn't have been a disappointment, but for some reason it was for him. Damian stared at his friend and then turned to the bartender and ordered a glass of whiskey. Once his drink was placed on the bar counter it was snatched from under Damian's hand and Cloud downed the whiskey. Damian stared at his friend first in shock and then with a glare.

"Man you're paying for that" he spoke in a hush tone then ordered another one from the bartender. Cloud looked to his friend and groaned softly, his vision foggy from all the alcohol he had just drank. He didn't try to steal Damian's next drink, instead he kept his head down on the bar counter, closing his eyes. Damian stared down at his friend and let out a sigh.

"Alright man you said you were gonna explain. Start talking" Damian ordered his friend, causing Cloud to raise his head.

Cloud rubbed his forehead like he normally does, then all of a sudden it was like a burst of energy came from him and he surged into the story. He explained everything, but omitted the part of him paying to see her being raped by a bunch of guys. Damian sat and listened to his friend. By the end of the story Damian nodded then ordered another drink. He didn't say anything to Cloud, so he was bewildered on what his friend thought about his actions and if he could have done something better. Cloud got the answer soon enough when Damian poured the beer all over Cloud's head. Cloud sat there and let Damian pour it on him, while glaring at him.

Cloud could hear gasps coming from around the bar, but he didn't notice them, his eyes continued to be locked on Damian. Once the bottle was empty Damian put it back down on the bar counter and everyone's eyes were on them. Damian got up, put the money down for his drink and then left. Cloud hesitated, but then he put his money down and left after Damian. He stumbled out of the bar, still kind of drunk since he had also drank before Damian got there. As he continued to stumble out of the bar, he jumped at the sound of Damian's voice.

"You're an idiot" he spoke harshly from where he stood leaning against the wall beside the door of the bar. Cloud looked to his friend as he shut the door and he took a deep breath.

"I really am, aren't I?" Cloud spoke softly. Damian shrugged his shoulders and walked to Cloud, grabbing his shoulder gently. Damian led Cloud to the car and Cloud stumbled slightly as he walked. Damian pushed Cloud into the car and then got in the driver's side. Cloud frowned and looked to Damian.

"I can dri*hiccup*ve" he let out a soft laugh and looked to Damian.

Damian just rolled his eyes at his friend and then started driving. He had dealt with a drunk Cloud before, but it had been a long time, so he forgot some things he usually did. He drove to Cloud's house and parked in the driveway. He stopped and looked to the house. He wondered if it was okay for him to drop off Cloud in his house when it was just Hope and the baby sitter. He glanced at Cloud again and shook his head. Damian considered it probably wasn't a good idea, since he was practically drooling all over the place.

He drove onto the street once again, but this time he went in the direction of his own house. He decided that him and his wife, Riley, would watch him tonight. He parked outside of his two story house and walked to the passenger side. He pulled Cloud out gently and put him on his back because Cloud could barely walk. He carried him to the door and opened it quietly. He jumped when he saw Riley standing there. He chuckled nervously as he recognized her stance. She stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, her foot tapping on the ground angrily, her black hair falling in waves over her shoulders, a robe covering her pajama dressed body and her blue glaring eyes stood out against her dark skin. Damian let out a sheepish smile as Riley just muttered swears in Jamaican, and then she turned and walked into the living room. Damian followed after her and he watched her prepare a small bed for Cloud. Once she finished, Damian laid Cloud down on the couch and Riley pulled the blanket over him. Cloud laid back on the couch and groaned softly. He closed his eyes and passed out instantly. Riley turned to her husband and hit his arm hard.