Chapter 3

Of course though, Layla's happiness didn't last long. A week after what had happened the night of the rape she hadn't spoken to Cloud. He wouldn't show up to drop off his daughter anymore. Instead she'd see an old woman do it. She was upset about it but she knew she had to worry about Jackson and the baby inside her. But during the week no morning sickness had started so Jackson started to get skeptical. He took her in to the fertility clinic and got her checked. They were currently both awaiting results on Saturday night. Layla was on the floor cleaning up Amelia's toys while Amelia slept on her father. She finished and put everything away. She turned back to Jackson and sighed softly. He hadn't spoken much to her since the rape because nothing was happening with her and the baby. She whimpered as she heard the loud ringing of the phone. She hated the sound. It was painful for her sensitive ears. Jackson glanced to the phone and grabbed it, answering.

"Hello?...yes...really now?...alright...ya we'll try that. Thanks doc" he spoke in a deep voice and as he spoke. He was glaring at Layla the entire time he was on the phone. He hung up and put the phone aside. He growled at Layla and she already knew what he meant. She got up, running to him fast and she grabbed Amelia. She walked upstairs and laid Amelia down in her bed, tucking her in. She walked downstairs and sat down on the ground in front of Jackson. He growled and glared down at her.

"You're infertile. Seems like I tore your uterus. I feel pride in that. You've been torn by my dick" he spoke harshly and with an evil smirk. Layla instantly bowed her head and hugged her lower abdomen. She knew he had hurt her badly down there but she didn't think it was that bad. She was worried now for what he was going to do with her. Because if was her fault they couldn't have kids she knew he'd beat her; maybe even to death tonight. She held back a whimper since he was glaring at her for whimpering so much. She swallowed and bowed her head down.

"I'm sorry Jackson...I should have trained my body not to be torn by anything. It's my fault we can't have children" she spoke softly and fiddled with her thumbs. She was scared. Jackson got up, giving Layla a tiny scare at the sudden movement. He walked past her but not before kicking her side. He walked into the kitchen and looked around. Layla held back cries from the pain of getting kicked in her already broken ribs. She got up slowly and looked to Jackson. He was looking through cabinets, searching. She walked to him and grabbed his arm gently.

"What are you looking for honey?" She spoke softly as she questioned his actions. He suddenly snarled at her and pushed her off him. He rolled his eyes and finally pulled out a cereal box. He walked to the cabinet and pulled out a bowl. He poured himself some cereal but to Layla's disgust the cereal had some dead bugs in it too. Her eyes widened and she backed away slowly. They were dead cockroaches. Jackson turned to her and gave her the bowl.

"Eat it all. Or I'll hurt you more than ever. This is your punishment for not being able to bear my children" he ordered her and Layla stared down at the bowl.

Layla felt utter disgust at just the sight of the bowl. She grabbed it from Jackson with trembling hands and her thin fingers wrapped around the spoon. She swallowed and scooped up some normal cereal with a bug on top of it. She clenched her fist beside her and ate what was on the spoon. She let it stay in her mouth for a couple of seconds then she started to chew. She stayed chewing for a couple of seconds but then felt sick beyond belief. She ran to the bathroom and threw everything up. She coughed hard and threw up everything she had in her stomach, including this nights small diner that she got. She coughed hard as she finished and she trembled. She got up slowly and washed her mouth. She could hear the footsteps of red husband behind her and she instantly got stricken with fear as they got closer, and closer, and closer. Until she could finally see him behind her I'm the mirror. She stared at him in pure fear and horror. He grabbed her head and smirked big. He suddenly pushed forward fast, slamming Layla's head into the glass mirror. She held back a scream of pain and closed her eyes tightly. The now broken mirror had missing pieces that were stuck in Layla's forehead. She covered her mouth to keep from screaming and crying. She knew it'd make it worse because Amelia would wake up and question what was going on. She took deep breaths and tried to calm down. Jackson let her head go and left the bathroom. Layla stared panting in the mirror. She could feel the blood roll down her face but she just stared at herself. She was a failure of life. She couldn't bring anymore children into the world anymore. She was forced to learn that that was all women were good for.