Chapter 1

On a full moon night, one of the clans was ready to get going to the gathering. Their clan was much darker then the other clans surrounded by trees covering the bright moon and stars. A bluish-grey tom was leading his clan to the Fortress where the other clans would be waiting. As he was leading his clan two toms, one a pale ginger tom with a white muzzle and the other was a dark brown tom with black markings, and the fur on his tail made it looked ragged.

The two toms had two smaller toms, who were also brothers, right next to them, both looking nervous that their going to their first Gathering. One tom, a light brown one with creamy brown paws nudged the other tom, a black one with fluffy fur to look at him. "Hey where going to be fine. I promise." The brown tom said.

The black one didn't say a thing and just followed his brother to the Gathering. "Darkpaw. Sparrowpaw." The blue tom said. The two looked up at the their leader. "I want you two to be on your best behavior tonight at the Gathering."

"Yes. Shadowstar." The two toms said at the same time.

"You'll be fine, Sparrowpaw, just ask Foxpaw or Birdpaw for anything if you don't understand it." The golden tom said.

"Ok. Thanks Goldjaw." Sparrowpaw said giving a smile for the first time. Goldjaw smiled and followed Shadowstar. By the time they got there, Sparrowpaw and Darkpaw saw so many cats at the Gathering all were talking before anything started. The two cats sat next to the cats from their clan and just looked around seeing all the cats.

Then a dark brown tom came by and sat next to Darkpaw, while a pale ginger tom with a fluffy tail sat next to him. "Hey you two." The brown tom said.

"Oh, hey Foxpaw." Darkpaw said, finally speaking tonight.

"So want to know about the cats up there?" He asked showing the four cats sitting on a rock facing the cats, starting the Gathering.

"My guess their the other leaders." Sparrowpaw said seeing as Shadowstar went up between Ravenstar and another tom with silver fur and a mark on his eye.

"Right." Foxpaw said. He then looked at Ravenstar. "This there is Ravenstar, leader of LightClan she's been a leader for many moons, around the time Shadowstar was leader." Foxpaw explained.

Darkpaw and Sparrowpaw looked at her, and turned their head to the silver cat next to their leader Shadowstar. "You know, about Shadowstar already, the leader of our Clan, DuskClan. But the cat next to him is Silverstar, he hasn't been a leader for long, he became leader of FreezeClan just a couple moons ago."

Darkpaw saw the mark on his eye. "What happened to his eye?" Darkpaw asked.

"Don't know, he got it in one of the battles he and his clan were in." Foxpaw guessed.

"And there," Foxpaw smiled seeing the next leader. She was a she-cat with long white fur, with a pinkish tint to it. Her eyes sparkled as well."

"The leader over there." The pale ginger tom, Birdpaw, decided to finish to what Foxpaw was going to say. "That's Cherrystar, the leader of GustClan."

"Wow. She's beautiful." Sparrowpaw said giving a small blush seeing her.

"I know, lots of cats fall for, but she's been leader for so long once she looses her lives many cats will miss her." Birdpaw explained.

Sparrowpaw and Darkpaw frowned remembering a talk they had about how leaders only have 9 lives, and once they loose them they'll join other fallen warriors in StarClan. The four apprentices stopped talking and listened to the leaders talking about news from this past moon.

The two brothers stayed quiet, and listened to the cats talked. It wasn't that interesting, and they couldn't leave, so all they had to do was look like they were paying attention.