Chapter 20

Darkpaw and Snowpaw ran as fast as their paws could take them and Redkit. Darkpaw kept on looking back, as he heard to cries, yowls, and screech of the cats in pain. "Darkpaw come on!" Snowpaw yelled. Darkpaw looked back, and led Redkit to a field of bushes to keep him safe. "There, we'll be safe here." Snowpaw then heard another yowl of a cat, with a few cats yelling the name 'Pricklestripe!'

"Snowpaw!" Darkpaw yelled getting the two cat's attention. "We have to back there!"

Snowpaw faced the black cat with worry in her eyes. "I want to help them too, but," she stopped to look at Redkit who looked at the two nervously. "They told us to stay, and watch Redkit. I want to help our clan mates so badly, but what about Redkit." She explained.

Darkpaw started to felt sad hearing the pain of the other cats. "But are clanmates could be dying!" Darkpaw yelled back. Snowpaw looked at her friend, and saw he had a point, Snowpaw looked through the bushes to see if any other cat was in the way, and looked at Redkit.

"Redkit." Snowpaw said.

"Yes." Redkit replied.

"I want you to stay here, and don't move." Snowpaw said. Redkit nodded. "Good. Come on Darkpaw are clanmates are waiting for us." Snowpaw and Darkpaw ran back and saw three cats dead on the ground, one of them Snowpaw recognized was Ashclaw. Snowpaw glared and tackled on of the rouges on the ground.

Darkpaw looked around and saw cat after cat clawing and biting each other. Darkpaw stared seeing his brother, clawing a rouge in the face baking away from him, but Sparrowpaw wouldn't want that, and then clawed in the face once more, where the rouge ran off. Darkpaw went to help his brother, but was blocked by rouges.

"Not so fast." The rouge said blocking Darkpaw. Darkpaw went down, feeling scared being surrounded by rouges, but Moonshine and Foxclaw pushed them out of the way.

"You okay, Darkpaw?" Foxclaw asked.

Darkpaw nodded. "I'm fine!" He said. Foxclaw smiled at the young cat, but didn't notice the rouge ready to attack him. Darkpaw glared and went to attack the rouge. Foxclaw smiled at the young kit, and continued his battle.

Silverpaw scared off some of the rouges with her battling, but started to feel tired. "Pineleaf!" Silverpaw yelled. "There is too many of them!" She yelled.

Pineleaf dogged the rouge, but he tripped. "Y-Your right." He started to get up. "But, that doesn't mean we give up." He said.

Silverpaw nodded and continued the fight. Darkpaw felt bad for her, and saw other rouges coming, with the clan cats feeling tired. Darkpaw glared, and saw a rock. He quickly ran to it and mewled giving the rouges attention, he then ran to the forest, and most of the rouges followed him.

"Darkpaw!" Sparrowpaw and Moonshine yelled.

Darkpaw quickly ran in the forest hoping to loose track of the rouges. He turned around, and saw most of the rouges were following him, and he started to pick up the speed. Darkpaw took some turns around the dark forest, and started to see some of the rouges running back, or getting injured in the process. He silently cheered, but he stopped seeing a ravine filled with rushing water.

"Where will you run now, little kitty." The rouge said behind him. Darkpaw turned around and saw they slowly started to walk towards him. Darkpaw slowly started to step back, but stopped seeing this is how far he could go. Darkpaw looked at the rouge, and suddenly felt like someone told him an idea. He slowly went into his battle pose, and the rouge started to run towards him. Time started to feel slow as the rouge started to come towards Darkpaw, and Darkpaw jumped as high as he can, as the rouge slowly missed him, and fell into the rushing water's below, but the rouge grabbed onto them, making the two fall.

Moonshine, Sparrowpaw, Snowpaw, and some other warriors came by and stared at the scene that just happened. The rouges where there shocked, and they decided to run away to regroup. Moonshine ran to the ravine and looked in hopes of finding Darkpaw. Moonshine felt tears coming from her eyes, as she realized the kit she was taking care of was dead.

"Moonshine!" A voice yelled. Moonshine looked around, and down seeing, Darkpaw hanging on to a small cliff smiling he's all right.

Moonshine smiled, and helped her kit up. "I'm so glad your okay!" She said snuggling the kit to her warm silver fur.

"Darkpaw!" Sparrowpaw yelled. "That was amazing!" He cheered. Darkpaw smiled back and saw Snowpaw going to him, with a smile as well.

"That was very mouse-brained of you, but very brave." Snowpaw said.

"T-Thanks." Darkpaw said. A slight blush was shown from his dark fur.

Snowpaw blushed and smiled back. The cats left the forest, and back to their clans to tell them what happened.

Once they got back to their clans, they patrol lay the fallen cats in front of their leaders. Ravenstar, Rosepaw and Tigerpaw bowed over Ashclaw's body. "He was such a good warrior." Snowpaw said, interrupting Darkpaw seeing the clans sad. "I'll feel bad for Rosepaw and Tigerpaw, that was their father."

Silverpaw walked over to the two giving her apologies to their father.

"I know how it feels. Loosing a parent." Darkpaw said, remembering when he and Sparrowpaw lost their original parents. Snowpaw frowned and went closer to him. He then looked at the fallen cat from DuskClan, Cinderclaw. "Cinderclaw was Foxclaw's mentor when he was an apprentice." Darkpaw explained.

"Cinderclaw should be proud he mentored a strong warrior, and new he avenged his mentor's death." Snowpaw explained.

"Yeah." Darkpaw replied.

Silverstar looked at Redkit, as Wetpaw explained what was going on with the rouges. "You see, the rouges are killing cats and taking their kits to make them join them, they also told them lies thinking we're the ones taking their territory." Wetpaw explained.

"I could tell you everything!" Redkit said.

Silverstar looked at his daughter and the young kit. Silverstar looked at his clanmates, and nodded. "Okay, Redkit, your part of FreezeClan, but if we find out you're here to be a spy, you'll be out of this clan." Silverstar said glaring at the young kit.

Redkit sat up and looked at his leader. "I know I'm not lying, I would never have any of the rouges attack this clan." He said. Silverstar nodded, and carried Pircklestripe's body on his back.

"Let's go." He said. FreezeClan followed him back to their territory except for Wetpaw, who stayed to tell Snowpaw and Darkpaw something.

"Meet me at the clearing tonight." She said, and with that she left.