Chapter 9

The full moon shined brightly throughout the Fortress as all four clans were headed towards to start the Gathering. The leaders of each clan stood in the branch facing the cats of each clan. It was now the warmest night of Green-leaf.

"I'm excited for the Gathering." Silverpaw cheered as she walked along side her clan mates.

Snowpaw smiled seeing it was her sister and her first Gathering. As Snowpaw was walking, she saw Darkpaw walking along side his mentor and his clan mates. She nudged her sister, who quickly caught her attention. "That's the loner." She said with a small growl.

Silverpaw frowned seeing her sister upset, but she saw Snowpaw's mentor, Littlestorm come towards them. "Now Snowpaw, don't fight with him, were at a Gathering it's a time for peace." Littlestorm said.

Snowpaw glared, but gave a sigh. "Okay." She replied. Though she still glared at the cat that wanted to attack her moons ago. "Still he's just a loner." She grumbled.

Darkpaw then turned around seeing Snowpaw, and once she made eye contact with him. She glared and faced away. Darkpaw sighed seeing that she wouldn't be a cat to talk to.

The moon was finally up and the clans were ready to begin the meeting, Silverstar, of FreezeClan decided to go first. "In recent events from the last gathering till now, a fox came and attacked us in out territory near The Rushing River. Our apprentice Crowpaw got injured as is now being trained as a medicine cat apprentice under Honeypelt's care. The clans looked up and saw Crowpaw next to Honeypelt.

Silverpaw and Snowpaw looked at the young apprentice who stood next to his mentor proud. "Why did he become a medicine cat apprentice?" Snowpaw asked.

"When an apprentice can't continue their warrior training they become a Medicine cat apprentice." A fellow LightClan warrior named Thornheart explained.

"Is that fair to the apprentice?" Silverpaw asked.

"Well unless the apprentice wants to be an elder early." Thornheart said.

"With that, our beloved warrior Suncloud died defending his clan." Silverstar said. The cats all bowed their heads; some going to a few FreezeClan warriors giving there apologizes of their fallen warrior.

Silverstar sighed, and looked at Ravenstar if she had something to report. "I'm sorry for your lost Silverstar." Ravenstar apologized. After a brief silence, Ravenstar was able to speak. "In LightClan we have two new apprentices, Silverpaw and Snowpaw. Let StarClan guide them in the way of the warrior."

The cats gave a smile to the cats saying their names and congratulating them. Silverpaw smiled at the praise, but Snowpaw blushed.

Ravenstar then looked at Cherrystar seeing it was her turn to say something, but she looked shocked, she also saw Nightwing, her depuity shocked as well, and a couple of warriors from GustClan. "Cherrystar?" Ravenstar asked the warrior.

"Cherrystar! What's wrong?" Silverstar asked. The cats looked nervous, but this got the cats more nervous when they looked up.

"Look!" A LightClan warrior called out.

Then, something then caught the eye of the leaders. Instead of looking at their leaders, they were looking up at the sky, and saw clouds forming. "What's going on?" One warrior from GustClan asked.

"No clan is fighting." Ravenstar whispered staring at the clouds circling the moon.

"It could just be a rain storm coming, let's continue shall we?" Shadowstar asked. The leaders were quiet for a bit, and they decided to nod, and promise they will talk about it after The Gathering. "Just like Ravenstar announcing her new apprentices, we have two new warriors in our clan. Foxclaw and Birdwhisker."