Chapter 17

In the early hours of dawn, Silverpaw and Rosepaw along with Pineleaf and Ashclaw, who was refused to go, but decided too anyways was part of the patrol to rescue Snowpaw and Darkpaw. "You two are lucky to go." Tigerpaw said. "I should have gone as well so I can claw the fur off those mouse brain rouges!"

He then heard Ravenstar clear her voice, and his clan mates glaring at him for his recent action. Tigerpaw smiled nervously and went to his mentor, and stayed quiet. Ravenstar sighed, and looked at Ashclaw. "Are you sure you can do this patrol I could have Littlestorm or Speckledfall for the patrol." She asked.

Ashclaw shook his head. "I'll be fine Ravenstar." He said. Ravenstar looked at her warrior, and sighed giving a smile. "Pineleaf, I know you're my deputy, please be safe." She said.

"I will Ravenstar." He replied.

Silverstar smiled at her mentor. Suddenly, Silverpaw's nose picked up, and saw Shadowstar with his patrol, Sparrowpaw, Foxclaw, and Cinderclaw.

Ravenstar faced the Shadowstar and her patrol. "I see your patrol is ready." Ravenstar said.

Shadowstar nodded. "Right, now does your apprentice know where our apprentices might be?" He asked looking at Silverpaw.

Silverpaw looked nervous as to not sure what to say to the DuskClan leader. "W-Well, all we have to do is trace the scent from the location, and we'll be able to find Snowpaw and Darkpaw." She explained.

Shadowstar looked at the apprentice and nodded giving a small smile. "Correct." He said. Silverpaw sighed and smiled. "Now-" Shadowstar was cut off when he caught a scent of one of his clan mates.

"Wait!" Moonshine said running over to Shadowstar and the patrol.

"Moonshine? What are you doing here?" Shadowstar asked.

Moonshine was catching her breath. "I-I want to lead this patrol." The two clans look at each other confused on why Shadowstar's mate wanted to lead a patrol.

Shadowstar was surprised. "B-But Moonshine, I wanted Raggeddrop to lead the patrol." He said worrying for his mate's safety.

Moonshine shook her head. "No, I told him I would lead it. I asked Goldjaw if I can lead it, and he agreed. Raggeddrop is going to keep an eye on the clan." She explained.

"B-but." Shadowstar said, till he saw Moonshine glare at him. Shadowstar sighed and put his nose on her forehead. "Be safe, okay." He whispered.

"I will don't worry." Moonshine replied. She went over to the patrol, and nodded knowing they where ready to head out and rescue the apprentices.

"Be safe you two!" Tigerpaw yelled.

"We will!" Rosepaw yelled. The two patrols went off leaving their clan mates to watch them and wait for them to come back.

To the patrol felt like moons walking through the forest, but it was not too long and they were only tail-lengths from where they left off. Suddenly, Foxclaw stopped and caught the scent of FreezeClan coming by. "FreezeClan." He whispered. The patrol stopped in their tracks to see Silverstar, Wetpaw, Pricklestripe, Swanleg, and Flowerclaw with him.

"I'll handle this." Moonshine said going to the leader. She was the oldest cat from the group along side Ashclaw and Pineleaf.

"Same here." Pineleaf said to his patrol. The two cats faced the FreezeClan leader. "Hello, Silverstar, what brings you here?" He asked.

"We heard from Cherrystar that you two are looking for some apprentices, so we decided to help out." Silverstar explained. "Apparently, my clans saw rouges taking some fish from our clan. So after the news we heard from Cherrystar, whose patrol overheard the news from Shadowstar, we decided to help out as well."

Warriors: The New Forest-A New LightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara