Chapter 12

Yellowflower looked around outside her den, and ran off. Darkpaw was confused and followed her. "Yellowflower! Wait!" He called out. He went chasing after her through the forest, by following her scent. He then saw Yellowflower at a small pool of river by the meadow. He felt like he should go over there, and talk to Yellowflower, but he felt a presence in the area that he shouldn't be near her right now.

Yellowflower then lifted her head and gave a smile. Yellowflower turned around and saw Darkpaw sitting there, and ran to him giving him a snuggle. "Yellowflower? What's going on?" Darkpaw asked.

Yellowflower faced him and smiled. "You are the one." She whispered.

"What do you mean?" Darkpaw asked.

Yellowflower smiled and looked up at the sun setting. "There was a prophecy a moon ago; 'Shining light, shadow of night, windy days, and cold water will come together to stop danger in the forest.'" She explained.

Darkpaw had the words play in his head to get the prophecy in his head. "What does that mean?" Darkpaw asked.

"I-I'm not sure what the danger means, but all I know is that you are one of the four." Yellowflower put her nose on Darkpaw's head.

"I-I am?" Darkpaw asked his blue eyes beaming with joy. Yellowflower nodded. Darkpaw smiled and was so happy about this like he wanted to tell everybody. Darkpaw then frowned, and turned around and saw Yellowflower shaking her head. "Oh, you want me to keep this quiet, do you?" He asked. Yellowflower gave a small nod. "Okay, I will." He said.

Yellowflower nodded, and the two went back to camp. Once they were there Darkpaw was sleeping in the nest inside the medicine cats den. He woke up and looked around, and saw that Yellowflower went into the queen's den to check up on Spottedpool, she was the mother of Birdwhisker and Foxclaw, and the mate of Goldjaw.

Darkpaw went back to lie down to sleep. Suddenly, the mewls of Smokekit kept him from going to sleep. Darkpaw groaned and went up to the kit, even though he was young, he was older then Smokekit. Darkpaw put his nose on his flank, and gave him a lick to calm him down, he remembered Moonshine doing the same with him and Sparrowpaw when they were taken in, and he remembered vividly.

Resting on Moonshine's beautiful silver fur and feeling her warm tongue through his fur, made Darkpaw smile warmly. Suddenly, he felt a presence inside the medicine cat den, and saw his mentor Raggeddrop was inside. "Raggeddrop? What are you doing here?" Darkpaw asked.

Raggeddrop just smiled and went to his young apprentice. "I'm just here to check up on my apprentice." He said. Darkpaw looked at him and wanted to ask about the Rouges he was talking to earlier. Though Darkpaw was too scared to say anything to his mentor believing he would snap at him again. Darkpaw got worried as he saw Raggeddrop look at Smokekit. "Uh, Raggeddrop?"

Raggeddrop turned around. Darkpaw was trying to get the words he wanted to say to him, but Raggeddrop gave a chuckle, which got him worried. "I'm guessing you saw me with the rouges." He said.

"H-How did-" Darkpaw was cut off.

"I caught your scent earlier." Raggeddrop said. Darkpaw gulped and looked at his mentor, but felt a chill coming through the once used to be warm den. "I wonder, what were you doing with that little LightClan apprentice?" He asked.

Darkpaw got nervous and started to shiver a bit. He couldn't tell him, he just couldn't, Snowpaw was nice to him, sure she snapped at him and almost killed him, but she was so nice to him that he couldn't say that he gave her one of the kits to her. "S-She was just with me." He said.

"Come on tell me the truth." Raggeddrop said. His voice sounded demanding.

"I-I-" Darkpaw stuttered. He didn't know what to do, he was nervous. He then saw Raggeddrop raise he claw up, and in a second Darkpaw closed his eyes incase he was going to get hit. Darkpaw opened his eyes, and saw Raggeddrop put his claw down, and left the den.

"You better not tell anyone, of what you saw." Raggeddrop said as he left.

Darkpaw was breathing heavily of what just happened just now. Was his own mentor ready to kill him. He didn't know what was going through his head, but thank StarClan, he wasn't killed or injured in anyway.

"Darkpaw!" Darkpaw looked and saw Petalpaw and Sparrowpaw with Yellowflower in front of her den. In their mouths, the two apprentices had some prey. "We just came back from hunting." Petalpaw said. "And we decided that you should have some." Petalpaw then handed over the starling over to Darkpaw, making the black apprentice smile.

"Thank you Petalpaw, I needed it." He replied with a smile.

Petalpaw smiled. "Your welcome." She said. Darkpaw smiled back and ate his starling slowly.

Sparrowpaw knew something was wrong, and went to his brother. "Darkpaw, is everything ok?" He asked. Darkpaw looked at him, and slowly flashes of what Raggeddrop was doing, or about to do to him.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Smokekit was just mewling, so it kept me from getting some rest." Darkpaw lied. Sparrowpaw knew Darkpaw was lying, but he didn't want to force it out on him, since he was injured from earlier.

"Well okay." Sparrowpaw replied. He smiled, "I'm just worried about you." He said.

"I know." Darkpaw replied. "But I'll be fine."

Sparrowpaw smiled and him and Petalpaw left the den. Yellowflower smiled and left the den as well, but to confront Raggeddrop, who was talking to Shadowstar. "I need to talk to you Raggeddrop." Yellowflower said. The two toms looked at the medicine cat, who now had a serious look on her face.

Raggeddrop smirked and faced the young medicine cat. "Would you excuse me, Shadowstar." He said excusing himself, and left with Yellowflower. Shadowstar tilted his head, confused of what Yellowflower wanted to do with Raggeddrop.

"Why can't you just leave poor Darkpaw alone!" Yellowflower yelled. She took Raggeddrop to a secluded area of the forest, so no cat could hear them.

"He's my apprentice!" Raggeddrop snapped back. "And you should stop stepping in."

"I have too! Darkpaw is so young, and your training is going to hurt him!" She snapped back.

Raggeddrop then glared, and raised his paw striking her in the face. Yellowflower slowly got up, and put her paw through her cheek, and felt a small trickle of blood. Yellowflower breathed deeply as Raggeddrop stood in front of her with his Fox-harted eyes staring at her. "P-Please, don't hurt him anymore." She begged.

With a chuckled Raggeddrop walked back to the clan. Yellowflower stood up slowly, and walked over to a small creek and checked her cheek, and saw a scratch mark almost touching her mouth. She looked down, and started to take a walk, so no one in her clan would think Raggeddrop hurt her.

"I just want Darkpaw to be safe." She whispered to herself.