Chapter 7

A few sunrises has passed since what happened between FreezeClan and DuskClan, DuskClan was just sharing tongues and relaxing under the trees that surround their clan. Sparrowpaw was relaxing in the den with Petalpaw. Suddenly, his ears picked up and saw Darkpaw coming out of the bushes.

Darkpaw had some scratches on him, but other then that he just ran to his brother and Petalpaw. "Hey guys." He said running towards them. Petalpaw and Sparrowpaw were shocked seeing the injuries on Darkpaw, and he didn't look hurt or winced in pain.

"Darkpaw? What happened to you?" Petalpaw asked worriedly. She then licked one of the scratches, which gave him a small wince in pain, but smiled so it didn't hurt him too much.

"Sorry I just did some training with Raggeddrop, and I guessed I kind of got injured in the middle of it." Darkpaw said looking at his injuries. Petalpaw and Sparrowpaw looked at each other, and just saw Darkpaw was smiling, showing he was okay.

Darkpaw looked through the den and saw Foxpaw and Birdpaw were missing. "Where are Foxpaw and Birdpaw?" Darkpaw asked.

"Since you left training early, Birdpaw and Foxpaw went hunting, however, Shadowstar went with them. I heard its because their done with their apprentice training, and are going to be warriors." Sparrowpaw explained.

"Wow! So soon." Darkpaw said surprised. He then sat with his friends.

"Well they've been training for almost a few moons now, and we just started half-a-moon ago." Petalpaw said. Sparrowpaw and Darkpaw gave a smile.

"Yeah." Sparrowpaw said. The three apprentices looked up and saw Yellowflower and her apprentice Appleleaf going to then.

"Darkpaw." Appleleaf said. "You have to come with me and Yellowflower." She said.

"Why?" Darkpaw asked. Yellowflower put her nose on one of his scratches, making him flitch a bit. "I'm fine Yellowflower, honest." He begged.

Appleleaf shakes her head. "I don't know how Raggeddrop is training you, but you need those scratches checked out." She explained. Seeing he can't argue with a medicine cat and her apprentice, he sighed and followed the medicine cats to the den.

"Wait!" Sparrowpaw called out, stopping the medicine cats at there spot. "If there's a warrior ceremony today, will Darkpaw miss it?" He asked.

The medicine cats shook their head. "He wouldn't, he'll be in our den, but he'll be able to see the ceremony, don't you worry." Yellowflower said. Sparrowpaw sighed in relief. She then lead the young apprentice to her den, but not by giving Raggeddrop a glare, who was watching the whole thing, though, Raggeddrop didn't mind giving a glare back.

Sparrowpaw saw Darkpaw inside getting his wounds treated with dock and some cobwebs since some of his scratches were bleeding a bit. Petalpaw stood by him as she saw Sparrowpaw's brother getting treated. "He'll be fine, they didn't look too serious, but Yellowflower is really caring especially to apprentices and kits, one scratch causes her to start treating them as soon as possible." She explained.

Sparrowpaw sighs. "But," Petalpaw said and looked at Raggeddrop who was going back inside the warrior's den. "Raggeddrop is known for training his apprentices, strictly." She explained again.

"What do you mean?" Sparrowpaw asked.

"Well his last apprentice, Rabbitfur, went through the same thing." She pointing at the young light ginger she-cat sharing tongues with Dapplestorm. "With that she was done with her training in a few moons."

"Wow." Sparrowpaw said. Suddenly he caught the scent of Shadowstar, Squirrelfang, Cinderclaw, and the apprentices, Birdpaw and Foxpaw coming back from hunting. Shadowstar then went over to his deputy, Goldjaw, to tell him something.