Chapter 15!!!

GRACE'S POV:

It had been hours of tiring running weaving in, out and around concrete walls that were covered with vines. He was quicker than I was which came in handy but also made me nervous. What if he left me. I know that wouldn't be a possibility but, who knows what if he did actually decided to go.

"Hello? Grace?" I heard his sweet voice call out snapping me back into reality

"Hmm?" I replied quickly not sure what the question was that had previously been asked

"What do you think?" He said sternly

"I didn't hear you I spaced out sorry" I said quickly a bit embarrassed out of my own stupidity for zoning out

"Would it be okay if we didn't have the others if we had a chance to make it out of this death trap" he asked as he started to slow his pace to allow me to catch up to him

"What do you mean?" I asked a bit caught off guard by the simplicity of his question

"I think I can get us out of here. But I can't promise that the others can be with us. How do you feel about that?" He asked me with a concerned look on his face. Almost like he was looking for the right answer as if it had been placed somewhere along my face

"You mean leave Thomas and Natalie. And even Newt.." I started to say before I stopped dead in my tracks as a loud ringing filled my ears and I heard Melanie's screams once again fill my ears as she called out for me. I collapsed into a heap on the floor unable to move, tears streaming down my face.

"Hey hey hey what's wrong is it the screams again?" Minho asked quickly as he placed his arms around me and sat me in his lap. He was rubbing my back in soothing circles but the screams were still there. I gave a slight nod to answer his question as he pulled me closer to him.

"Okay breath it's okay it's okay. I've got you. You're safe." Minho repeated over and over again in my ear against the sounds of screaming that continued to fill my head making the tears fall faster down my cheeks

The screams seemed to continue on for what felt like hours. Melanie's voice heard over and over in my mind screaming. Yelling out my name wishing for me and I just sat there helpless in Minho's arms. The patterns of the winds started to change as the screams slowly started to diminish I kept hearing slight scrapes against the wall behind us

"Minho.." I started to whisper before his hand was over my mouth and he made a low shhh sound as the scraping quickly stopped. It startled me that this death trap was surrounding us from what we once knew. How we had families. Siblings. Loved ones everything but now it was just gone. There was no memory of what had happened to us besides what sometimes came in during painful flashbacks or horrible nightmares that we had. The scraping started back up again but then started to sound like it was trotting though it was coming closer but then stopped and turned the other way.

"It's not a Griever. It's confused whatever it is. It can't find its way." I said with a determined voice as I started to stand up. I wanted to know what the sound was, what was so confused within this maze that it couldn't navigate these paths and find its way up and down the corridors of cement? Why was it lost. What was it even?

"What do you mean it's not a Griever?" Minho stated with a puzzled look on his face wondering how it couldn't be something that had tried to kill us multiple times before in this hell.

"It's not sounding like it. The steps it's making. They're almost flesh like. Not the sound of metal. It sounds like, like.." I started to say before I was cut off by Minho

"Paws?" Minho asked as my face lit up. That was it. Whatever it was it had paws and for some reason the word paws racked around my brain trying to grasp onto what ever human could be made that would have had paws

"I'm gonna go find it." I said as I headed towards the small scratching noises it started making as Minho grabbed my hand signaling that we would go together as a team. As a whole. To figure out whatever was in this maze that could either be good or bad. We rounded the corners of a few paths as the scratching either got louder or softer meaning we were closer or farther until we came to a strange path that I hadn't seen before. It was cover in what looked like lilies. It was beautiful and stunning. I was tempted to reach out but figured it was maybe part of a trap as I heard a low baring growl from behind Minho and I that made us stop dead in our tracks.

"What should we do.." I started to ask as I saw Minho grab out his knife from his belt loop and I quickly put my arm on his.

"No way. I'm not gonna kill whatever this this is that has paws." I said with a shy laugh as Minho rolled his eyes but didn't put away the knife

"If it attacks, we kill it." Minho stated sternly. And I gave a quick nod of approval as we turned slowly. Out of the corner of my eyes in a few stray piles of lilies I saw fluff pop up from the side. I quickly pointed towards the fluff as Minho and I walked toward it. It perked up instantly and started to growl which was followed by what sounded like a concerned howl. It looked as if it could've been what was a wolf.

"Minho. It's a wolf or something." I said as the creature took a stand of defense towards Minho as it looked at the weapon held tightly in his hand

"Put it away." I said quickly as Minho looked at me puzzled but quickly obeyed. My eyes gazed back upon the animal as his stance relaxed a little but was still defensive. As if I had know what this creature was I instantly got on my knees and called out a name. "Oliver!" I called out as the creature cocked his head from side to side almost as if the name was familiar. I called out again as it made small steps towards me with its head down smelling as if it knew me. Within an instant I was tackled upon the ground with an intense power. The creature had pinned me down but wasn't attacking. It was lying on my chest. Licking my chin. I instantly wrapped my arms around him and started to cry.

"Oliver boy I've missed you!" I said as I rustled the fur and looked up at Minho as memories flooded into my mind. I heard small yips as the images flooded into my mind seeing the small blue collar in a brightly colored box as I unwrapped it and the puppy in the next box.

"It's a dog!" I quickly shouted to Minho who was at my side almost protectively to make sure this haze of memories wasn't one that was causing me as much pain as the last had

"What's a dog?" Minho asked as he reached his hand out and stroked my hair. My hands still tightly wound around Oliver's fur as he continued to lick to tears that were falling down my face

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello Grinho loves!! I am so so sorry for this being short but I am back and continuing this I swear. Don't worry there will be more either tonight or tomorrow but as of right now this is the best that I can do I have been in IOP therapy for a few months now due to reasons but I'm back now I swear!! Please share like comment and even message me. I love chatting with you guys thank you so much for all the support love all you guys!!

GracieBugs