Chapter 11

"We're going to have to split up and try and regroup." Newt said in a serious tone as his shoes began to squish underneath the water. It had begun to rise quickly which was surprising due to the amount of rain we were getting wasn't that much.

"Newt you of all people know that's not a good idea." Thomas said as he stepped towards Newt with Natalie joined at his hip.

"He's right Thomas. As much as I hate to admit the fact that we need to split up, it has to be done." I said as the water started to rise again coming up to my hips this time. The water was dark, cold, and cast a shadowy mist overtop of the maze making it hard to see.

"Minho you and Grace go together. Obviously you can't live without each other and together you know how to survive out here. Thomas, Natalie, and I will find a way to meet back up." Newt was shouting through the mist I desperately tried to find the direction his voice was coming from before I heard water come rushing in from behind me as I heard Minho scream out my name before I was pulled underwater with such a strong force. Something felt like it was pushing me down to the point where I couldn't get up. I thrashed as much as I could before my throat started to burn. Suffocation was coming upon me like a deep cloud of death and dispar, but it was quickly shattered. The cloud of death had been wiped away by the strong muscular arms of a man who I loved.

"If you could try and not die like every other time it would be the best." Minho said with a smirk on his face as he placed me over his shoulders and started to pat me on my back. My oblivious state of vulnerability had blocked out the fact that I had tears streaming down my face and I was gasping and throwing up water which tasted awful.

"Gracie. My love. Hey now look at me. I'm here, nothing going to hurt you. Breath. Look at me." Minho said to me as he slowly looked into my eyes. The color in his eyes had shone through even in the darkest times I had ever faced. And I couldn't think of a day without him. His eyes were filled with compassion as he let out a small laugh and pulled me in by the waist and stroked my hair.

"Minho." I slowly said as we had been sitting against a wall for awhile. It was peaceful even in this hell hole of death when I was next to him. In his arms, within his embrace I knew that I loved him from the first time I saw him. Even though I was put here into a giant death trap basically, I was able to find something beautiful out of it. Him.

"Hm?" Minho said as he titled his head down towards mine with a soft smile on his lips. He was the beauty behind this horrible maze. The one who made things worth it, made living worth it. Made every kiss and every touch from him feel like it was going to be forever.

"I love you. I know I say it a lot but I really love you. I hated how curious I had gotten when I first came here and everyone kept telling me that you and I were perfect for each other. But when I kept seeing you, I fell harder. Each and every time seeing you literally killed me on the inside. Because I was in love with you." I said as I turned my body towards him as he gripped me tighter with a compassionate look in his eyes as he was studying my face. His eyes darting from one eye to the next, as he slowly kept inching his face towards mine before he spoke. How close he was killed me, longing for a kiss from him.

"I wanted you the first day you came. But now your mine and I'm yours. And nothing and nobody can change that. Even if it sometimes feels like it, I know that you're the one I'm happiest with. The one I love. The one I want in my life forever." Minho said with a deep voice as he rested his forehead against mine as I looked into his eyes seeing a look of lust. I wanted to live with him forever, even if we were trapped in here, it was fine because we had each other. He slowly inched closer as he kissed my bottom lip slowly as I kissed him back. The kiss quickly turned passionate as we continued to kiss we heard the shriek of a Griver which snapped us out of the romance we so badly wanted.

"Does it ever bloody end?" I said with a groan in my voice as Minho pulled me closer and made our way into a row of vines as we heard metal start to scrap around the concrete. It was searching for something. I felt my body start to tremble as Minho pulled me closer to his body and rocked me slowly from side to side. The Griever was pacing back and forth right from in front of where we were hiding. I looked Minho in the eyes dying to say something but I knew it wasn't worth the death that could come with even the slightest noise.

"Minho. We have to kill it." I whispered slowly and as quietly as I could as I heard the Griever stop and turn the corner back to where we were as Minho pulled me closer and shook his head in agreement. I reached my hand down and grabbed my knife out of my belt loop as Minho grabbed his. We lunged out of the vines in the worst way possible. Both of us somewhat tangled by the vines as the Griever discovered what was happening and came towards us.

"This never bloody ends." I said with frustration in my voice as I cut the vines that were surrounding my legs as Minho came to my aid. The Griever was making its way towards us but it was carrying something other than the bluish blackish venom we were used to. That's when I lost it. I felt my chest heaving and my screams filled my own ears. Seeing the red coloured dye I knew what it was. The liquid that took Melanie away from me. I made my moves quick as I took advantage and got the Griever down before Minho killed it for me as I dropped my knife and put my head in my hands.

"They are getting to me. They know we know they run this." I said as I slowly started to walk around in circles and took the vile of red liquid off of the Griever and threw it. I watched it as it seeped out of the glass container it was in and flashbacks kept flooding into my mind in pieces. I felt Minho's arms around me as he held me tightly.

"Tell me." Minho said softly into my ear as I let the memories come into my mind. Let them piece themselves together and the pain come back.

"We were having a great day. Melanie and I were just at home sitting there reading magazines and eating junk food when they came in. Forcefully through the door with a uniform and a tag with the name W. I. C. K. E. D. on it. I stepped in front of Melanie to protect her but it was a mistake. They shot me here. I motioned to Minho as I lifted up my shirt to reveal a scar near my belly button. They told me if I did anything like that again I would be killed. But she would suffer worse. And they lied. Threw us into the back of a van. I told Melanie that we were going to be fine, nothing was going to happen to us. I said as tears come flooding down my cheeks as Minho rubbed my back and kept holding me tighter. When we stopped, they took Melanie first, then me. I was put into a room with glass that I could see everything that was going on, and Melanie reappeared. They had strapped her down to a metal chair and she was screaming. I kept pounding onto the glass in hopes it was going to break so that was at least I could see her or try and stop them but that's when they came into my room. I said with a shudder as a loud sob filled my ears as I let it out with a frustrated scream as I continued to tell what happened. They told me to watch against my will they started to beat her, and when I looked away the poked her with needles that had things dripping from them. And when I screamed at that they started to burn her with the same needles they had use to stab her with. And when the tears started coming that's when they cut her open and then came the red liquid. It filled her body within seconds as she was screaming to me it burns it burns but I didn't say anything. For the fear she was going to be killed but I didn't know what they were doing had already been killing her. The things they injected her with first was what triggered the red liquid to take effect. And it had started to eat at her from the inside. Literally nothing was left. And that's all I remember." I said finishing the last sentence as my voice cracked as tears flowed down my cheeks and Minho hugged me tighter than he had before.

"Nothing like that is ever going to happen to you. Or me. Ever. And I swear when we get out of here, we will personally find and kill everyone in W. I. C. K. E. D. who helped to kill your sister and my brother." Minho said as he looked me in the eyes as I wrapped my arms around his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid down onto the floor.

"I promise." Minho said as he kissed my head and rubbed my back in slow circles before I fell asleep slowly but quickly in his arms. Wrapped in protection and comfort I knew this is where I belonged. With him. With the one called Minho.