Chapter 13

The night lasted for what felt like a life time. I was shivering, shuddering, and whimpering as I was in the protective arms of the one I loved Minho. That exact night was the hardest for all of us. Each and everyone of us had thoughts that came to our minds, of our families. But nothing happy or joyful, just horrid, and murderous memories that somehow had managed to break through the depths of our minds that we kept so secret. They weren't like the ones we'd shared with each other before. They were worse. It was almost like going into the future after we were taken from our loved ones. I couldn't shut my eyes without the screams of Melanie filling my head making screams and tears rapidly flowed. There was nothing I could do. The screams continued from everyone. The loudest ones were given from Newt, and mainly it was about Jeremy his brother. And the most surprising was his screams for Teresa. Even after what she had done, Newt still had a place for her. He looked over her evil even though she was dead.

********

When mornings light started to breakthrough and light was streaming into my bloodshot eyes from a small gap inbetween Minho's arm and my shoulder I groaned making Minho's grip tighter around me as he pulled me close. Within an instant of him pulling me closer, a crack jolted Minho to his feet as I was behind him. He reached his hand back for mine as we intertwined our hands together another crack could be heard from anywhere within the concrete death trap that was called the maze.

"Grace are you okay?" Minho said with a concerned low tone as his eyes scanned around the corner of the maze we were in for a sign of what the noise could've been. He was nervous, his body was tense and stiff. Within an instant the ground that separated Newt, from Minho and I was spilt.

"Bloody what the hell the going on?" Newt said in a panic as he scrambled to his feet as I called out for him not to move.

"Newt if you even move an inch, your not gonna live." I said as I stared at the ground around him as cracks were still forming and breaking with every breath I took. Another loud crack was followed by Newt letting out a shaky breath as he looked at Minho and I.

"Newt. Looking at your options. Your not going to like either one. It's either one you stay there and be killed by fact that cracks seem to be forming making the concrete which your standing on to become smaller and smaller. Or two you have to get into the maze." Minho said with an uneasy tone as he started to change his footing and the platform we were standing on spilt. Our hands were ripped from each others grip as Minho shot around with terror in his voice. A small shriek filled my mouth as I tried to regain my balance on the small platform that I was left on.

"Grace!" Minho shouted as he quickly looked around for any way that he could get to me. He was frantic. Like a kid whose ran off in the store from there parents and can't find them again.

"Minho ... I started to say with an uneasy, shaky voice. There's not a solution here." I said as a tear started to roll down my cheek as Minho stared me in the eyes.

"That's not what I stand for." Minho said with passion in his voice as he frantically tried to find something. Something to get one of us closer at least.

"Minho. Your going to kill yourself trying to get to her! Do you realize that!?" Newt said with anger in his tone as Minho turned around as quickly as the words had rolled off of Newts tongue.

"No. You see. I'm not going to let anything happen. Not like what happened with Gemma. Nothing. Don't you get it Newt. If she goes, then I go. If she dies. I die. You just don't get it do you?" Minho said with disgust in his voice towards Newt as I began to feel uneasy but was unable to find my voice in the moment. My head felt like it was going to explode with the anger that had filled inside of my thoughts. I let a shriek as I fell to my knees shouting and screaming for it to stop. No one could get to me, so whatever was happening was going to happen for a reason.

"I'm sorry Mel. I didn't mean for you to get killed!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as my vision started to become blurred and I felt a hot liquid start to roll down my cheeks as the images of Melanie's body flooded into my mind causing shrieks to be followed one after another.

It seemed like hours I had been curled up in the same position saying sorry over and over again. With the occasional don't take her! And stop that your hurting her! Tears kept following after each and every word I said. I felt gentle hands on my back as I quickly pulled my knees to my chest tighter not even willing to look at anything let alone anyone.

"Hey. Love. It's me. Minho." The voice started to say as I felt myself placed in someone's lap and then the familiar feeling of safety and comfort was put in place. I latched onto whatever I could as I was pulled closer into his chest as he hummed a tune that I couldn't remember.

"Grace. Hey. Listen it's over. It's okay I'm here. It's all over." Minho said as I slowly relaxed my grip on his shirt as I lifted up my head slowly. My sense of comfort was quickly replaced with a gasp as I looked around trying to find something familiar. But it wasn't possible. Everything had changed. It was still a maze but not concrete and vines. It was almost like a forest. Everything that was normal before had changed. It was another addition to the death trap. As I felt Minho's strong hand wrap around my waist as he slowly rubbed my back I heard Newts voice followed by Thomas' and Natalie's. They were cut off by the sound of loud gears turning and I saw the walls around Minho and I start to close. Cutting us off from Newt, Thomas, and Natalie.