Chapter 12

SORRY THAT IT HAS BEEN FOREVER SINCE I UPDATED PLEASE TELL ME IF YALL LIKE IT. BTW THANKS FOR ALL THE FOLLOWS CONTINUED READS, COMMENTS, AND LIKES. YOU ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. THANKS SO MUCH YOU SHANKS XOXO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to the strong arms holding me at the waist as I slowly opened my eyes as I smiled. My smile quickly turned into a mixed expression as I noticed the walls around us and then as quickly as I noticed the concrete a loud boom echoed throughout the maze. I started to feel Minho start to tighten his grip on my waist as I placed my hand on his cheek and his eyes fluttered open.

"Well good morning my princess." Minho said in a raspy tone that just made me blush. I couldn't help but look directly into his eyes as I smiled.

"Morning my Prince Charming." I said with a giggle as I rustled his hair as he laughed and grabbed my waist tighter and caused me to let out a shriek as Minho pulled me into his lap and started to tickle me.

"Hey h-hey you! Knock that off!!" I said with a stubborn giggle as I slapped Minho's hands multiple times. To no avail Minho kept ticketing me causing me to shriek more as he turned towards me and placed his forehead on mine.

"Um how about no. How about I do this instead? Minho said as he gently placed his lips on mine. A smile was brought to my face as we continued to kiss. When we both pulled away we sat there just looking at each other. Then a rustle came from the vines which made me jump followed by Minho quickly in front of me with his knife drawn.

"What in the bloody hell do you think I'm going to do to her?" I heard the British accent call out from inside of the vines as Minho softened his stance and started to lower his knife as Newt made his way out of the Tangled mess.

"Where are the others?" I said as Minho reached for my hand as I took his in mine and we intertwined our fingers together.

"We got separated." Newt said as he looked at the sky not making eye contact with us at all. Out of the corner of my eye something kept shining and blinding the corner of my eye catching my attention.

"Minho. There's something over there." I said as I grabbed my knife and let go of his hands as I slowly walked towards the object not before I heard footsteps behind me.

"No way I'm just letting you figure out this thing is without me. Minho said with a chuckle as he grabbed me by the waist causing a giggle to come out of my mouth.

"Minho its its. Mel. " I said with a blank expression on my face as I just stared at the object in front of me.

"It can't be. There is no. Understandable. Reason." I said as I started to breath quickly and nausea filled my stomach. The taste of bile and liquid quickly came to my mouth as I turned and vomited. It all continued to come up. My breaths were becoming more quick and short that's when I felt a hand on my back followed by a British accent.

"Grace hey. It's not real. None of that's real. It's all W. I. C. K. E. D. they did it to me my first time in the maze. That's not your sister, she's already gone. You saw that happen. It's not her. She isn't alive. It's all fake. I swear." He said as he rubbed my back in slow circles and I started to have hot tears stream down my cheeks and I felt a finger lift my chin up.

"Hey. I'm here I'm still here princess." Minho said in a hushed whisper as my voice became more of a whimper as I felt Minho's arms pull me in close to him.

"I'll find the son of a bitch who keeps doing this to you. To us." Minho said in a harsh whisper as he kissed me on the forehead and gently rocked me from side to side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thomas it hurts to walk." Natalie said as she limped next to me. She had been through a lot. I didn't even know she was alive until yesterday.

"I'll carry you." I said as I picked her up bridal style. She was weak and just looked like she was going to weep at any time.

I had been carrying Natalie through the maze for a least an hour. We had been trailing newt before we heard the first noise of the Grievers and that's when we split.

"Nat. Have you been alive this whole time?" I said in a concerned tone wondering for the answers of why she had gone so suddenly.

"Yes. I found myself sealed somewhere else in this death trap after you took me out into the maze for my first time as a runner." Natalie said as Thomas sat her down on the ground.

"You know I never stopped looking for you correct?" Thomas said as he gently wrapped his arms around Natalie's waist.

"I knew we'd find each other. No matter what the consequences are." Natalie said as she nuzzled in towards Thomas as he kissed her cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Minho." I said through a nervous tone as his arms tightened around me.

"Yes lovely?" He replied to me. As he lifted my face towards his as he was staring into my eyes. He was concerned his eyes were searching for another reason behind my pain. A door that wouldn't budge that he had a key too.

"I don't want to be here." I said with a blank expression on my face as I looked around at the concrete walls as I started to hear gears turn which just made me groan.

"Nothing's gonna hurt you. I'm the one whose going to stop anything that comes to hurt you." Minho said with passion in his voice as he looked me in the eyes.

"If you don't believe him I just might kill myself. He was like this to Albys sister. But it's different with you. He's not afraid to put his life on the line for you." Newt said as he stood up and looked us both in the eyes.

"If there's anyone you can trust it's got to be Minho." Newt said with a shy smile as a blood curdling scream was heard followed by Thomas' screams and Natalie's voice being heard. That's when we heard a loud boom enclosing us in the death trap once again. Hopefully to survive this night