I'm In Love With The Enemy

Prologue

I looked around. How could everything go to hell? My eyes met Vivian's. Her eyes were filled with not only fury and sadness, but tears as well. I was down on my knees. I looked to my right, and saw a gun pointed directly to my head. Why? How? How was my cover blown? 

I thought about the last couple of months of my assignment. How could I have been so wreckless? I am the best FBI agent on my team, if not ever! I was just supposed to bring down Robby Daniels, the most powerful mob boss in all of Washington, but instead, I had to go and fall in love with his daughter.

I was surrounded by thirty of Robby's henchmen. All of their guns are pointed at me. I don't know if there's more than one God, or if there is even one, but I was praying to every single one of them. I closed my eyes, faced forward, and awaited my fate.

" You've lied to me." Robby said punctuating his words with a pistol whip. I fell over and felt my face. I pulled my hand back. Blood. 

" You thought I was that easy to take down." he said, kicking me in the abdomen. I refused to give up any more of my dignity by pleading and whimpering.

" You even fell in love with my daughter, Becca." he yelled, looking repulsed.

" Quinn." I said

" What?" he asked looking irritated and confused. As were his henchmen, sons, and daughter.

" Quinn. My name is Quinn. Your right, I did lie. I'm an undercover agent, and I was assigned to gain your trust, share your secrets with the FBI, and send you to jail. One thing I wasn't meant to do was love your daughter." I faced Vivian. " Viv, I am so sorry. I saw how honest, sweet, and caring you are. I never wanted to lie to you. I remember how we used to hate each other. Then I took a bullet for you. I thought it was because it was my job, or that I respected you... But it turns out, I did it because I love you. So deeply. I fell, and I fell hard. I am so in love with you, I'd die for you. I know I wasn't meant to love you, but when do I ever do what's meant to  be done? I know you'll never forgive me, but I am truly, deeply, completely sorry." I confessed.

The tears Vivian was holding back, bursted out, and down her tan skinned cheeks. Robby was infuriated. He pointed his gun at me. A gunshot rang out.