Chapter 5: Avoidance And Respect

Quinn's P.O.V

I was dreading the conversation I needed to have with Robby. He needed to know of the incident at the mall, and the one at the carnival. My gut told me that something big, something bad, was going to happen. I knew telling him was the right thing to do. In fact, I should have told him when it first happened. I entered the house to meet a furious father.

"What the hell happened?! Why is Vivian upset? Did that boy hurt her?" he asked. He was most likely planning ways to kill the boy. I had to calm him down.

"Mr. Daniels, you might want to sit down." I wearily said. He paused, but sat down nonetheless. Once he was seated, I filled him in on the whole story. I saw him go from angry, to downright furious. He got up and grabbed me by the collar of the shirt. He pushed me up against the wall, and got in my face. I couldn't take on all of his men, so I allowed him to shove me.

"Why in the HELL didn't you tell me? I thought you were smarter than this, dumbass." he yelled. I was a little surprised at his aggressiveness. If he was murderous at not telling him about Sawyer, I didn't want to see him when he found out I was an FBI agent.

"Daddy stop it. Leave her alone, she protected, and stuck up for me. I think she should stay." Vivian said, coming to my rescue. Her father looked between the both of us, before he begrudgingly let me go.

"If you mess up one more time, you won't be able to guard your own body. Got that?" he asked.

"Yes, sir." I said. He sent me away out of his sight. I tried to talk to Vivian, but she ignored me and went to her room.

Vivian's P.O.V

When I got to my room, I leaned up against the door, and slid down to the floor. When I heard my father start to yell, I knew it wasn't going to end well, so I defended Becca, but I ran right back to my room. Seeing her was too overwhelming. I was supposed to hate her; to despise her, but instead, I respect her. I never once liked any of my bodyguards, and I didn't want to get friendly with Becca. After I'm safe, she was to be out of there. It was her job. Maybe if I avoid her, my feeling to be friendly, will dissipate. I thought. Yeah that would work. It would. Would it?

I shook my head in an attempt to shake the thoughts away. It was too much to deal with, so I changed into my silk pajamas, and climbed into bed. I would just deal with it the next day. The next thing I know, I was jerked awake from my restless sleep, by knocking on my door. I don't remember falling asleep. I inwardly said. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, and opened the door to come face to face with Becca. I groaned internally. I sighed outwardly.

"What do you want?" I asked, wanting nothing more for her to go away. If she was shocked at my tone, she didn't show it.

"I wanted to see how you were. You seemed distant, and you took off pretty fast last night. Are you okay?" she asked, concern shining in her eyes. I needed her to leave me alone.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to come home, my date was terrible." I lied. Well sort of lied.

"That reminds me, your date, Kyle was it? Anyway, he called and asked if you were up for a date." she said. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was jealous. I tried so hard to keep the smirk off my face.

"No I don't want to go on another date. In fact, I wasn't that thrilled about going on the one last night." I told her. She seemed satisfied with my answer, and could tell I wanted her gone, so she respected my wish, and left. I sighed and changed, getting ready for the day. Avoidance. That'll work. Avoidance.

Sawyer's P.O.V

I shakily knocked on the door. A calm collected voice yelled out for me to enter. It took everything I had to man up and enter, instead of running away like my mind was screaming at me to do. It felt as though I was on death row. Maybe I am. I thought. I shuddered at an image of pure unadulterated rage gracing Steve's face when I tell him I had failed again. I considered myself lucky when I was given a second chance. Not many people live to tell the tale of what they did wrong the first time. I knew as soon as I ran away from the threat of the bodyguard, that I was a dead man walking. Or in my case, a dead man running. I opened the door while holding my breath.