Epilogue

Two years later

Vivian's P.O.V

The sky was a serene gray. I glanced up at the darkening clouds. I knew I should have ran inside to avoid the oncoming downpour of the rain. Instead, I sighed as it began to sprinkle. It wasn't enough to drown me, but it was enough to frizz my hair slightly. It didn't matter. I stuffed my hands into my coat pockets. I shuffled from foot to foot as I gazed at the two identical carved stones that lied before me.

I released another breath to calm myself. I hadn't been to that particular hill in a while. I gracefully sat myself on the ground in between the two graves. I hesitantly ran my glove clad hand over the name that was carved into the flat stone. A lump formed in my throat as I glanced at the two hallowed graves.

A shaky breath caught in my throat. My eyes closed on their own accord. A scowl marred my featured as my coat became slightly heavier due to the faint liquid it was absorbing. I moved until I was hidden beneath the lone tree a foot away from the graves. I began to fiddle with the browning leaves that were falling.

Fall was rolling around. My jaw twitched as thunder rumbled in the distance. I held my chin in my palm. My lips formed in a frown as dread washed over me. I didn't have much time before I would be completely soaked. Lightning lit up the sky in a pale blue. I looked down at the flowers that were growing just a few feet away. 

I instantly raised myself from the ground, and dusted myself off. I strode over to the patch, and picked two of the purple lilies. I brushed off the few bits of dirt that were stuck to the stem. I whirled around, and walked back towards the headstones.

After gently placing a flower on each grave, I stepped back to examine the graves. A grimace formed on my face at the tears that blurred my vision. I have had enough time to mourn. It was time to move on; Which I was in the process of doing. I furiously wiped away the lone tear that leaked from my eye. After a sniffle, I pulled myself together, and glanced at the grave to the left.

" Hey. I'm sorry I haven't been up here to visit you. It's just...It's just that things have been hectic lately. Uncle Francesco is doing better just so you know. Since his mild heart attack, Aunt Deana has been fussing over him. He insists that he's fine, but Deana ordered him to take it easy. I swear, she ordered that before the doctor did." I paused to chuckle.

I thought back on that one day when my uncle had a pained look on his face. Everyone gathered around worriedly as he grasped his left arm. He began panting, and Jason called an ambulance. I quickly shook off the memory. I had to return home soon, and I planned to have some time with the other person who was taken too early.

" Anyway, Rodrick is finally settling down with Kim. I told you about Kim, right? Well, If I didn't, I'm sure Rodrick did. She is quite the catch. She's Italian. Rodrick can't get enough of that little fact. They're moving in together." I paused for effect.

I grinned at my own antics. Everyone in my family always pauses to up the effects. I would roll my eyes and put on a mask of annoyance in hopes of the dramatics would end, but in actuality, I found it endearing. It made the suspense amplify. Maybe my pause was for that same effect. Maybe I was hoping to get a response.

" Yeah, she's moving into his apartment as we speak. Unfortunately for Jason, he's the one who was assigned the heavy lifting, and I'm just talking about her clothes. That woman can shop. I'm shocked she doesn't buy the whole store, and believe me, it isn't the lack of trying." I shook my head.

When I found out about Kim's "addiction", as Rodrick called it, I was ecstatic. I had found a new person to go shopping with. We would shop until we couldn't. Even Ashley got sick of shopping with us. That surprised no one more than Sage.