Chapter 17: If Only Sighing Solved The Problem

Jason's P.O.V

The smirk on my face was one of pure smug and hatred. I glanced around the shed. Every single one of dad's men were here. Dad was past his breaking point. I had only ever seen him that pissed once, and that was when mother died. I quickly shook of the depression that crippled me, and set an expressionless mask. Becca, or whoever she was, had been out of the hospital for about a week, and I had to commend dad for his patience. The fact that Vivian spent every waking moment with her wouldn't exactly make it any easier.

"Why have you set this meeting up, sir?" One of his men, Danny I think, asked. I could tell by dad's eyes that the reminder of his anger fueled his need for vengeance. He quickly masked his features.

"That damn bodyguard is a fake. A fraud. A cop." He seethed. There were shouts of anger and protest at the notion. I gazed over at my twin. Rodrick stood in the corner. Ever since we had found a picture of the phony with her badge on her hip, and no name with the face, Rodrick had been quiet and distant. When either my father or I would enter the room, he would make a haste exit. Rodrick locked himself in his room, and he closed himself off. The whole experience was similar to mother's death. Dad and I were outraged, Rodrick was distant, and when Vivian finds out, she will be absolutely broken. I shook off the moment of guilt, regret, and doubt.

"Calm down. No one is going to jail. The only one leaving is the rat, and trust me when I say she'll never be seen of again." There were a few cheers of agreement here and there. I kept silent by dad's side. I sighed as I thought back on the words my brother and I shared after I found the information a week ago.

"Why are you so pissed at me? I found out that the bodyguard is a fake. I saved us from life in prison!" I shouted at Rodrick. We were left alone in the basement after dad had a rage fest.

"Why? You want to know why? Vivian is happy with "That damn bodyguard". Yes, I am mad about her lying to us about who she is. Hell, I'm furious, but you are just going to step aside while our father murders our sister's only source of happiness in cold blood! You are nothing but father's little sidekick." Rodrick shouted right back. I blinked. 

" We're going to end up in jail if we don't get rid of her." I shot back quieter than before. I sighed as I visually saw the fight leave Rodrick's body.

" Maybe we were meant to end up in jail." He said. I shook my head.

"I don't want to rot in jail for the rest of my life. I refuse." I whispered dejected. It was Rodrick's turn to shake his head.

"At what price is your freedom?" With that, Rodrick ascended the steps, and left me to ponder the meaning of his statement.

I blinked back into reality. I glanced back to the corner, but Rodrick was gone.

"When are you going to terminate her?" A shout was heard. There was the million dollar question. Everyone stopped breathing, even me. It was so silent, a pen could drop, and it would sound like an explosion.

"Tomorrow night." Cheers erupted in the shed. Everyone cheered in delight at the thought of a fresh kill. Everyone, but me.

Quinn's P.O.V

"Wait. Slow down." I said in between kisses. I was lying on my back on my bed with Vivian straddling me, and was unbuttoning my shirt. My nerves were building up as much as the heat in the pit of my stomach.

"What's wrong?" Vivian asked as she unbuttoned the last button, and pushed the shirt down my shoulders.

"I think we need to slow down a little." I panted breathlessly. She pulled back to look me in the eyes. They were full of love as well as lust. Her eyes narrowed, and she chewed on her bottom lip. I moaned at the sight.