Chapter 18: Coming Clean

Vivian’s P.O.V

I sleepily cracked an eye open at the lack of warmth. I lazily turned over, and was met with an empty space. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and my eyes narrowed in on the blood on the sheets. I was torn between shock, guilt, and lust at the sight. Memories of last night flashed before me, and the heat returned.

I pushed the thought aside as I dressed myself in my black silk robe. I quickly tied the robe, and exited the room. If I wanted to have a rerun of the night before, I had to find Becca. I descended the stairs, and came face to face with a stoic Jason, and a guilt ridden Rodrick. Before I could question them, my father came into the room with blood on his hands.

“ What the hell, dad?” I stared at his hands in shock, and fear started to creep up my spine. He just stared back at me. I looked to Jason and Rodrick for help, but Jason remained looking forward, and Rodrick kept his gaze on his boots.

“ Vivian? There’s something you should know.” Rodrick started. He glanced over at Jason for help. Jason looked as if he were being choked by the lump in his throat, but he pushed through.

“ The bodyguard you’re hooking up with,” He paused to grimace “ She’s not exactly who she claims to be.” Jason surmised. He glanced at our father. We all knew he wanted to finish the story. 

“ Where is Becca?” The fear was steadily starting to rise. My father’s fist tightened at the mention of her. I subconsciously tightened my robe at the feeling of exposure, and helplessness. 

“ Where is she? Dad? Jason? Rodrick?” I thought at least the latter would explain things to me. Instead, his jaw tensed, and guilt visibly washed over him. The head of the house locked his shoulders, and stepped in front of me.

“ You fucked a cop.” Was what he simply stated. I merely blinked in shock. What in the absolute hell? The confusion on my face must have been clear because he went into more detail.

“ Her name isn't Becca, she isn't a bodyguard, and she is an undercover FBI agent. Long story short, you chose a cop over your own father.” His eye twitched, a telling sign of his ever growing frustration.

“ Well, what’s her name?” I asked. My mind was turning from everything I was hearing. Should I believe him? Is he only saying this to justify his actions for murder? Murder? Did he murder her?

 “ We don’t know.” Rodrick informed pathetically. I looked at the three of them with a look of bewilderment. They knew everything about her excluding her name. I made a grab for the counter. My legs were barely functioning. Rodrick attempted to grab me by the waist, but I shoved him away. He looked wounded, but backed away nonetheless.

“ So let me get this straight. Becca isn't even her real name, and she lied about being a hired bodyguard, when in fact, she was an undercover agent working for the FBI to bring my family down, while making me fall in love with her, and she didn't come clean before she slept with me.” I surmised in a daze. I saw Rodrick flinch, Jason’s jaw tense slightly, and my father scowl.

“ I’m so sorry, Vivian. I wanted her to come clean, or at least tell you in an easier way, but alas, I was outspoken.” Rodrick strained regretfully. I glanced at him with fury in my eyes. He flinched once more, but showed no signs of any fight. It was like he felt he deserved my hate. I softened significantly.

“ It isn't your fault, Rodrick. You wanted to protect me like the big brother you are.” I was speaking to Rodrick, but I was facing Jason while I spoke the last sentence. He blanched, but said nothing.

“ Jason isn't at fault here, Vivian. I am not to blame, Rodrick isn't to blame, hell, even you aren't to blame. The only one who did wrong, is going to pay the Piper by the end of the night.” It was my turn to blanch.