Chapter 13: Come Back To Us

James' P.O.V

I reached up to rub the sleep from my eyes. I had been sitting at my desk working on filling out a report when my eyes started to blur from my lack of rest. Ever since Quinn went undercover, it left me with paperwork.

" Mathers! Here's more work for the growing stack." Rose Willis, the lady who work at the front desk, yelled with a smirk.

" Whatever. Just sit it down on the pile." I grumbled. She threw the file down, but made no sign of leaving. Instead, she just crossed her arms in front of my desk.

" Was there something else you needed?" I asked tentatively. Rose just smirked.

" You know what your problem is?" She asked rhetorically. I answered anyway.

" Is it that I have an irritating blonde standing in my office? Listen, if I wanted someone to tell me what's wrong with me, I would have hired a therapist. Besides, they have comfy couches. Would you grant me the wonderful honor of leaving me be?" I asked. I hoped, I prayed, I was desperate, but my dreams of her actually listening to me was far fetched.

" Your problem is that you aren't getting any." She stated nonchalantly.

" Well I got you after you started working here didn't I? Actually, you know what, that's not really an accomplishment." I shuddered. " Now would you leave? I have work that's going to take up most of my time." I groaned forlornly.

" You know what they say, " Patience is a virtue."." She said with mock innocence.

" Yes but to sin is so much more fun." I said with a wicked twinkle in my eye. Rose remained quiet with a slight smirk that crossed her feature. Soon, the silence was masked by the shrill ring of my cell phone. I glanced at the called ID. Unknown number. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I quickly answered it.

" Hello?" I asked curiously, yet cautiously.

" Is this James Mathers?" The female on the other end of the line asked.

" Yes. Who is this?" I was becoming weary.

" This is Fort Crest Hospital, it says here that you are Quinn Tuckers In Case Of Emergency contact." The woman was about to say more, but I promptly cut her off.

" What happened?" My voice had risen slightly.

" I'll take that as my cue to leave." Rose whispered while backing out of the room quickly and quietly.

" If you could please come down to the hospital, I will calmly explain everything." The woman reasoned. I hung up the phone, and screamed out in fury. This was the second time. SECOND TIME! She was sent to the emergency room twice for those sick, twisted assholes. I grabbed my car keys, my jacket, but I could barely grasp my sanity. With all thoughts of sleep thoroughly out of mind, I headed to see the woman I came to respect and admire.

I made it to the hospital while managing to only break a few laws. I inwardly patted myself on the back for not breaking more, but I quickly shook it off when I remembered where I was. I ran to the front desk.

" Where's Quinn? Where is she? WHERE IS SHE?!" I shouted. I gained the glares of a few pedestrians, but I didn't give a damn. I slammed my fist down on the counter when I felt she wasn't answering me quick enough. After that stunt, I also gained the attention of security. If people thought I was in a bad mood before, they were about to see my fury when I realized who security was dragging out. Robby Daniels.

" YOU! You put her in here didn't you." It wasn't a question; It was a statement.

" Excuse me? I have no idea what you're talking about." He seemed genuinely confused and irritated.