Chapter 15: Reality Hurts

Robby's P.O.V

My blood was boiling in my veins from the betrayal of my only daughter, and Rodrick. At least Jason was on my side. He was quite the observer. That is why he was suspicious of that damn bodyguard of her's. It was his gut feeling, and if past experiences taught me anything, it was that I had to follow my son's lead when it came to something like this. I was considering firing Becca, but what other choice did I have? Vivian would be distraught, and defy my orders if that happened. I wasn't stupid; I knew that killing her was out of the question. If I ordered one of my men to kill Becca, or if I had done it myself, Vivian would get herself killed just to spite me.

" Jason, follow me." I shouted at the boy. He raised himself from the couch obediently, yet confused. Jason followed me to the basement door. No one, and I mean NO ONE, was allowed in the basement besides Jason and me. It was only permitted to people I had complete faith in. Considering how my other children sided with the pathetic woman, I only granted Jason access.

" What are you doing dad?" He asked quietly. I unlocked the door, flicked the light switch on, and descended the stairs. I briefly glanced around the basement. Everything was in place; No one had been in there. Pictures of my deceased wife littered the walls. Pathetic, wasn't I? The walls were a soft blue. She wanted them that color, and I hadn't the heart to change it. A love seat was in the back corner, but the important object in the room was the computer.

" I have a little job for you to do son." Jason was an excellent hacker, so all the information I received was from him.

" What do you need me to do?" My lips curled back in a smirk.

" Find out everything you can about Becca. I have a feeling that isn't her real name. Also, look up her friend's history too. I'm certain your gut isn't wrong about those two."

Vivian's P.O.V

 When Becca's friend took his leave, I decided I needed to take a shower and change into a clean pair of clothes. While I pondered about whether or not Becca would wake up without me there, I reluctantly left her side, and walked to my car. When I arrived at home, I hesitantly stopped at the door. I knew my father would never hurt me, but I was still frightened by his temper. When I chose Becca over him, I knew under his calm facade, he was fuming.

I carefully turned the doorknob and entered the vacant living room. I released the breath I didn't know I was holding. I hurried past the basement door, but stopped at the bottom step of the stairwell. I could hear hushed voices coming from the basement. I turned around and tip toed up to the door.

" Is there anything specific you wanted me to find?" I heard Jason ask. Confusion crossed my mind.

" I want you to prove your theory correct. Find something that poses as a threat to us." The unmistakable gruff of my father replied.

I strained to hear the rest of the conversation, but I was met with silence. I huffed and whirled around to stomp quietly up the stairs. When I closed the door behind me as I entered my bedroom, I opened my closet to retrieve a fresh pair of clothes. When I entered the bathroom, I turned the shower on to the right temperature, stripped, and climbed into the shower. I allowed the water to cascade around me. While the water cleansed me, I pondered on what my brother and father had planned. What poses as a threat now? I tried to push the thought aside as I lathered shampoo into my hair, rinsed, and repeated the action with conditioner. My thoughts wondered to Becca. She was the most insufferable, pigheaded, annoying, sweetest, hottest- Quit it! I scolded myself, as I felt my hand wander to my abdomen. I grasped my sponge, and squirted body wash all over it. I scrubbed myself, and I couldn't help that my mind instantly directed itself to Becca once more.