( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 5: Death of Me

Chapter 5

~~~

I watched our team do their best to keep up with the opponent team even without Tetsuya's skills. Calculating every move, thinking every possibilities to help our team. It flashed back to me when I accidentally overheard Kiyoshi and Hyuga senpais talking. It was about Kiyoshi's injury, he said it was already at his limit, that this will be the last tournament he'll be able to play with us. He pushed himself too far just to reach this line that's why we should not lose. Not only for me to win the bet but also for our teamate's sake.

Seirin's team spirit didn't waver as the plan continued. Tetsuya's misdirection already ran out but that didn't matter now, it was all part of the plan. It was a risk, a gamble that throws away the future games if the other teams happened to understand the logic behind it, but that doesn't matter. With that, our team gained a new skill. With 2 digits different, the 3rd quarter ended There was a 2 minutes break before 4th quarter.

"Sorry... could anyone redo my taping?" Kiyoshi pants as I volunteered to redo it. While doing it, I watched every expression on our teamate's face. They all look worried and thinking hard, being in a hard time like this, I understood them. "Stop worrying, guys. Our team is strong, and I believe that we'll be able to win this. Not only because I trust you all, but because you also have trust in yourselves," I remarked and at that, tey all loosen up a little and chuckled.

"THE FINAL QUARTER IS ABOUT TO BEGIN" the announcer spoke. I finished redoing the taping and they all stood up and ruffled my hair in a fun way. "WE'RE GONNA WIN!" they shouted in union.

I sat back and looked around the audience, a scarlet red caught my attention. He was looking at me, his heterochromatic eyes watching intensely. 'I won't back down with the bet, we wont lose here, not here,' I thought as I returned my gaze back to the game.

After 4th quarter started Kiyoshi-Kagami-Tetsuya tried to stop Aomine with 3-to-1 defense and because of that, from the first time, Aomine missed a shot. It was a good sign for our them, to be able to throw their ace off was good strategy. Though, the next thing the happened was beyond what we expected. Aomine entered the zone, and as he was so, he became far more unstoppable.

It seemed impossible for us for a moment, until I noticed how concerntrait Kagami was. He was putting so much effort with his will and all that he successfully entered the zone as well.  Less than a minute, Aomine was at lost and was passed by Kagami making only a 1 point difference.

15 seconds left and Aomine made a shot resulting to a 100 - 97 score. The crowd was running wild, shouting on different teams.

 "DON'T GIVE UP! " Cheering for their best. 6 seconds, 3 points-difference, the final gamble. A foul was made on Kiyoshi before shooting the ball. The ball went in, so the basket counted and was given one free throw. To be able to win, it was a fight for the rebound. 

Kiyoshi intentionally failed to shoot the free throw ball and the teams were up for the rebound. Almost... Kagami almost dunked it easily if not for Aomine. Less than 3 seconds, Kuroko was able to get his hands on the ball, 2 seconds remaining, he threw it to Kagami with a full court pass. Aomine tried to block it but failed miserably. With a buzzer beater, Kagami made a dunk resulting to a 101-100.

[A/N: Okayt. I'm really just excited for the KuroBasu season 2 that I need unleash this fangirling here XD]

After the game, we all went back to the locker room. Riko and I left them for a moment to get the results and the name of our next opponent. As we head back, my phone started to vibrate uncontrollably and I asked Riko to return to the locker room without me. I fished my phone out and checked it: Messages from Midorima(1), Momoi(1) , Murasakibara(1), Kise(5) and 10 missed calls both from Momoi and Kise. I got their number from Tetsuya but it was weird how they got mine specially when I'm not even sending them mails. Oh' stalkers? Lols, don't mind me.