( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 12: Partner

Chapter 12:

~~~

"A business party?" I repeated what Okaa-san said. Seated in front of the computer, I was having Skype with her.

" Yes, it's a party that will be held on Sunday," she explained.

"And you want me to attend? "

"Yes, my dear."

"You know how much I hate business parties, Okaa-san."

"I know, Ai-chan. But you have no choice, you need to get use to it too because someday you'll be taking over our company. And also, it's a great opportunity to meet new clients and business partners."

"Why don't you just be the one to attend?"

"You know we have a lot of things to take care off here so please, Ai-chan, this is just a small request from me. Please?" she said while giving me a convincing smile of hers.

I stayed silent for a moment, waiting for her to chance her mind even thought I was sure she already made up her mind into convincing me. Sighing in defeat. "Fine. But this is just once, Okaa-san. You promised before that you'll allow me to avoid any business related things while I'm here in Japan."

"I know, dear. Thank you for understanding," Okaa-san said with a wide smile, "Well then, it's settled. I'll be the one preparing the dress you're gonna wear, okay? Oh! By the way, you'll be having a partner there."

"A partner?! But I thought it wa--"

"It's a party, Ai-chan. Obviously you need a partner,"

"No"

"You can't back down now, my dear daughter," she said in a playful way, "I already have a partner for you."

A frown made its way to my lips before clicking my tongue in disbelief, "Seriously? So this was already planned before I was even informed." I said with distaste.

"Of course! I know you can't say no to Okaa-san," she teased. "You don't need to worry about your partner too. He's a good-looking guy with a very nice attitude. I think you might fall for him too!"

"Okaa-san!"

"Relax. You're a teenager! Spoil yourself with pretty boys once in a while." she said giving me a wink.

"You're disgusting, Okaa-san," I mumbled.

"How rude!" she pretended to be offended, "Anyway, I need to go back to work now. You'll meet your partner tomorrow at a resturant at the opening of the shopping district, 5 o'clock. Don't ditch him, okay? I'll surely go to Japan just to give you a sermon if you do," she warned.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not that kind of person, Okaa-san," I said.

"I know that," she laughed, "Take care always Ai-chan! I miss you! Byebye!" she waved at the cam before turning it off, leaving be staring at the black screen.

~~~

Time Skip: Next Day - Club after class

"Maneuver to the left. Switch the ball from one hand to another. Watch your pace! Shift your momentum towards the right. Fake spin. Move quicker! Drive towards the half line then pull-back. Now do a turn. Brake, shooting position, and then jump shot," I shouted over Kotaro while I train him on a solo full court. At the last order, he released the ball into the air and the ball then bounced on the basket before going in.