( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 27: A Hint of Doubt

There's an update... OMFG there is an update!

It’s short though, and pretty bad. Don't get all too excited. It's badly written and doesn't make any sense :3 

Warning: Nika? XD

Chapter 27:

~~~

A while had passed now and it seems like time was flying by like a blink of an eye. The next thing I knew, I was already in the middle of my 3rd and last year in high school. And just like our precious senpais who graduated last March, in less than 6 months, we'll be graduating too.

Nothing much really happened these past few months. We were able to recruit new talents for the basketball club by the start of this school year. Most, of course, were first years while some were transferee students. Also, I got elected as the student council's public relations officer. Giving me a lot more work to do other than the school works that I need to focus unto.

Finishing the club's morning practice for the day, I bid my goodbye to the players before exiting the court. Just as I walked out of the green sliding doors, "Aihana-chan~!" someone called out my name.

Looking at the source, I let out a smile to see a ginger haired female waving at me. "Yo~" I greeted as I jogged to where Nika was standing. Greeting each other a good morning and talking about something, we walked together inside the school building.

"Ne, Aihana-chan," Nika started as we stopped by the lockers to get the books that we'll need for the day, "wanna eat dinner together later?" she asked with a jolly smile. Eying her as I closed my locker's door, "what's with that all of a sudden?" I questioned.

"Well, I noticed that lately you've been busy with the club and academic stuffs that we haven't had any hangouts in a while," she explained as she finished collecting her things.

Thinking over what she just said, "Yeah, now that you mentioned it, I did notice that too," I commented as we started walking through the hallways to get to class before the bell rings.

"Wacha say?" Nika's eyes grew wider in anticipation for my answer. I was about to answer yes when I suddenly remembered that I had things lined up for the day. "But I have to attend club and a council meeting later..." I slowly drift off, kinda disappointed with myself for having such a loaded schedule.

"I can wait for you," Nika told with enthusiasm. "Eh? But it might take a while," I reasoned, not wanting to make my best friend wait for me that long. 

"It's fine! I need to do something in the arts club today also, so I think by the time you finish, I'm done as well," she told positively.  "Then it's settled, we'll have dinner together," I nodded which made her smile brightly. 

By the time we reached our classroom, there were already a lot of students inside, chatting and enjoying the free time we have before the bell rings. Heading to where my seat was located, I caught a glimpse of a certain redhead entering the class room. At the same time, Nika immediately excused herself when he noticed the same redhead’s presence. There is only one redhead here in Rakuzan anyway, obviously, it’s Akashi Seijuro.

Placing the books in hand under my desk and hanging my schoolbag at my desk's side, I slumped myself down my seat and let my gaze focus on the two. It’s been months since I learned about their relationship yet at the sight of them being together still makes my chest tighten in a painful way as if it’s the first time.