( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 6: Game of Change

Chapter 6

 ~~~

"We'll be seeing each other on court next time, playing against each other. I hope you are prepared," His voice echoed in my mind.

I rolled to the other side of the bed and tried to find a good spot to slumber but it was no use. 'If I can't sleep, then fine, I wont sleep. Maybe I'll just make plans for the game,' I thought to myself as I sat and swung my leg over to the edge of the bed. Wearing my slippers, I took the pillows (that were scattered on the floor) and tossed it back, not minding to fix the bed. I did some small stretching before sitting in front of the study desk and started to write.

My mind was determined to keep me awake even though my body was already giving up. I got back at my condo at 10:30pm after staying with the team at Kagami's house to talk about Tetsuya's experience in Teiko and to gain information that may also help the team. I looked at the clock and it was already 2am. But rather than think of plans, my head was crowded by different thoughts.

But all in all, I  was thinking about the game later. Later will be the final game to  determine the winner of our bet at the start of the Winter Cup. I was feeling guilty, though. I didn't have the time to talk to the team about this and now that we are here, I don't know what will they do if I tell them now. But to think of it, it might add pressure to them so I'll just tell it to them after the match, whether we win or lose.

~~~

 Time Skip: Hours later, At Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium

I was an hour and half early before our game, though. I wasn't the only one who was planning to arrive early, I received some text from the team that they were now on their way. I took a deep breath,  today, it will determine whether I'll stay or I'll transfer. To be honest, I'm in the middle of confusion. I knew that I should be cheering for my team but a part of me somehow wants Rakuzan to win. Though, the part that wants my team to win was larger than the other so I wouldn't really sabotage and let my team fall.

I was standing on the same place where I met Akashi weeks ago. While waiting for team, I lean at the metal barricades and watch the people starting to crowd the whole gymnasium just to watch the finals. I was not that surprise to see some familiar faces like the Touou team and Yosen together with their coaches, Alex-san (Kagami's American Trainer) with nigou and many more. When I spotted the team, I quickly made my way to the locker rooms, yes, I was now (somehow) familiar with the way to the locker room.

~~~

It was just the middle of the game between Shutoku and Kajio for the third place. Not that I'm judging the game, but Midorima was the shooting guard of Shutoku and without Kise playing in the match, it was to obvious who would win. But I respect Kaijo, to be able to still continue and play even without their ace was truly remarkable. It was the end of first half and there was a 10 mins intermission.

"RAKUZAN HIGH SCHOOL AND SEIRIN HIGH SCHOOL, PLEASE BEGIN WITH YOUR WARM UPS" the announcer spoke.

"OH! THEY'RE HERE! THEY'VE FINALLY MADE IT! THE NEW STARS---SEIRIN!"

"AND FACING THEM, THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS, THE EMPERORS---RAKUZAN!"

Both teams played on half court for the warm ups while me and Riko just sat at the bench. Riko was busy with the plans while I was busy watching the team. All of a sudden my phone started to vibrate, I pulled out my phone and put it on my left ear, not minding to read the caller's name.

"Moshi moshi?"

"Aihana," a familiar voice said, sending chill down my spine. "A-akashi?" I stuttered while diverting my widen gaze to the red head of the opposite team. He was sitting at the bench, watching his team.